Skymiles Change Rumor?

Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:11 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
He guesses that the SPAM folder his 2nd assistant has is filled with emails coming from the FlyerTalk.com domain.
You had me going up to there, since there are very few flyertalk.com email addresses, very lightly used.

Does anyone know what plan z is????
Yes: Go to sleep. That's what I'm doing. I have to fly tomorrow morning!

Thanks for the grins!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by DLroads
I was not following this thread in full because it started marching "to its own drums"
But,

I can tell there are still multiple hirings for this project. Two days ago DL posted at least one (if not more) additional mid/senior level position for the project (a Senior Developer). It is aimed for
If true, too bad they are still more intent on squeezing their elites than they are about fixing their long broken award engine.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
If true, too bad they are still more intent on squeezing their elites than they are about fixing their long broken award engine.
In other news we all won Powerball without buying tickets
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: DL DM
DL couldn't care less about what folks spout on FT. If you are serious, you will let your feelings be known to DL with your FF number. They will know your spend, your worth, and in-turn how to value your opinion.

You could all be 300 lb socially-awkward high schoolers in their parents basement and never have stepped foot on a DL plane on here. Send them your info. They will know what you are.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mother-
In other news we all won Powerball without buying tickets
Not all of us.

My money came from a long dead oil sheik who has the same last name that I have. I've sent the barrister the $10,000 he asked for to process the money, so I expect to receive my check for $21.8 Million USD soon.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
DL couldn't care less about what folks spout on FT. If you are serious, you will let your feelings be known to DL with your FF number. They will know your spend, your worth, and in-turn how to value your opinion.

You could all be 300 lb socially-awkward high schoolers in their parents basement and never have stepped foot on a DL plane on here. Send them your info. They will know what you are.
No doubt your basic premise is correct, but I am not going to file a formal complaint until I have something to complain about!

The danger for Delta is a platform like Flyertalk gives us a mechanism to organize our frustration. If they do something moronic, I think we can use this site to compose form letters to do just what you say and find ways to educate the non-educated public.

I have zero intention of taking a major devaluation sitting down when it is already the weakest legacy airline currency on the market.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
After a few years of leaving my pilot licence lay dormant, I just completed my FAA physical and entered update training. Since SM might become more or less useless in the future, I am cranking up this option for flights of up to 600 miles or so.

Between "all change in Atlanta", inability to make the Award Calendar work without enduring the equivalent of a root canal without Novocain, FCM, TSA lines and whatever might arise in the future at Delta, I figure flying myself and family in relative comfort has got to be better even if I have to forgo a drink or two before or during the flight.

Next time you see a Piper airplane puttering below you, just figure I am down there earning some x3skier miles that can be redeemed at low miles with no restriction on a calendar of my own design that really really works.

Cheers
Old Apr 23, 2012, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
From a friend who is interning at DAL as a translator for the non-English members of SkyTeam:

In a departure from the normally cordial, surprise-free nature of DAL board meetings, J.W. Robertson presented the final plans for announcement of the EOS (Evolution of SkyMiles) to the Board before announcing it to members and flipping the switch to activate the new loyalty program (May 1st).

Everything seemed to go smoothly, Bastian and Hankeinstein chimed in with approval and a little patting themselves on the back during the presentation.

At the end, Anderson thanked Robertson and the entire team for the months of effort that have gone into the program. Particularily Rev. Mgmt, Loyalty and IT.

Then he asked about how this has been tested in the Social Networking world. Silence.

Anderson then mentioned that his nephew visited him this past weekend and gave him an 'awakening' to the world of Social Networking, Goggles, and a website with shocking amount of information and feedback about Delta called FlyerTalking.com. Anderson said he learned of a feature of the Million Miler Program that he admitted he didn't know. He mentioned the group of customers who traveled to attend the LGA event. He was impressed with the passion of these people.

Anderson said he was a bit confused by the chatter, but clearly there were some strong opinions and threats to leave DL over EOS. Enough to give him pause.

Robertson replied that he has people who monitor that site as well as others, and while he acknowledged that many there had 'concerns' about the rumors of EOS he pointed out that these people are 'gamers' and mostly purchase LUT fares, hardy typical of Delta's average passenger. He said 26.5% of all customer care complaints come from FlyerTalkers and 31% of all compensation given to people their database cross references as members of that site. He guesses that the SPAM folder his 2nd assistant has is filled with emails coming from the FlyerTalk.com domain.

Anderson wondered aloud if based on the things he read online if EOS could turn into a Public Relations problem?

Hankenstein (Mr. Ham Sandwich) pounded his fist on the table, proclaiming that these people are cheats, gamers, who walk around with their Diamond cards but have only a couple of thousand in spend. "Look at their scores! Look at their spend!!" He said Delta needs to either up-sell these people or move them down in terms of how we reward them for their behavior.

Anderson, agreed that his been the goal of the project, but said that someone was even so against the plan that they registered under the name Staying At Home Is Better. He said freedom of travel is the foundation of Delta's business and if people are so upset that they say staying at home or the office is better Delta is loathe to successfully implement any new programs.

Anderson asked to table the plan while a consultant is hired to help sell this to the social networking community. (Randy Peterson was mentioned as someone to bring in ASAP.)

Bastian asked what to do in the meantime. Anderson replied that plan Z should be implemented in the meantime.

Does anyone know what plan z is????
Well played, sir!

^^^
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Look what National Car Rental is up to these days... interesting concept, no?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...community.html
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by javabytes
Look what National Car Rental is up to these days... interesting concept, no?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...community.html
The first rule of Club Sandwich is we don't talk about Club Sandwich.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
The first rule of Club Sandwich is we don't talk about Club Sandwich.
Nicely done ^
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Not to add fuel to the fire, but....

I participate in one of the many programs that provides rewards (ironically UA miles in my case) for completing online surveys. I recently qualified for and completed a survey regarding leisure and business air travel. The survey specifically stated that it was asking my opinions on Southwest and American. Like many surveys, the questions were framed in such a way to induce specific answers rather than candid responses. (With all due respect to my attorney friends, much the same way that an attorney frames a question to a witness to produce the desired answer rather than an honest or candid response.)

There were a series of questions where I was asked to rate how important each potential feature of a FF was. I was not asked to rate whether I thought each feature was a good idea or not. It was assumed that I thought each feature was a good feature and I was just to rank their relative importance. One of the features that I was asked to rate in importance was:

An Enhanced frequent flyer program where youre rewarded based on the total dollar amount youve spent on flights rather than the miles, so people who spend more receive free tickets faster.
Please note the language used in the question [bolding/italics are mine]. Discuss...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by X3Skier
Next time you see a Piper airplane puttering below you, just figure I am down there earning some x3skier miles that can be redeemed at low miles with no restriction on a calendar of my own design that really really works.
I'm honestly surprised that the increasing unpleasantness of air travel hasn't spurred more mid-range charter flights. If there is a significant devaluation of SkyMiles or AAdvantage, both of which I'm heavily invested in, I'll be right behind you - or perhaps above - with a KA350. Give me the FBO over a modern SkyClub anytime!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:35 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Please note the language used in the question [bolding/italics are mine]. Discuss...
The wording would have been exactly right if they had just added scare quotes around "enhanced". That way each reader gets to make up his own mind about what the question means! @:-)

Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta -DM"working on KM" Hhonors-Gold Priorityclub- Plat
I can't see the last page?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.