Skymiles Change Rumor?

Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andymo99
Deadtail, I am among the (very credible, based on posting history) posters who has shared inside knowledge that this is happening. However, I want to be clear that I make no representation that there is going to be an announcement today, tomorrow, or next month.

Your little countdown clock is childish and immature.

You can bury your head in the sand, but for those of us in the know, we are aware that the future isn't pretty. The vast majority here are, of course, not "in the know." However, they do know well enough to evaluate the credibility of sources here and realize that the news, whenever it might come, is going to be very bad.
How can we know if you are a true insider without providing the precise, atomic-clock confirmed time that the information will drop?

Speaking from the gaming, primary LUT/sporadic premium fare Medallion species, thanks to yourself and some of the other 'insiders' to allow some of us to burn our SkyPesos and BE flights before the SkyPeso turns in to the FF equivalent of the Zimbabwe dollar, pre-peg to the USD. No time like the present to burn my miles!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Allow me to summarize your post.

"I am great, I am all knowing, you are immature, you are stupid, everyone else is smarter than you."

I think your credibility just suffered.
Deadtail, I'm with you in reading about the rumors with a grain of salt. But if multiple sources have posted that the announcement is behind schedule, I agree that it is pointless to keep a countdown running.

I think the rumor has only gotten as much attention and discussion as it has because we all know that it is believable and realistic, and probably eventually inevitable.

Most people on this thread would probably be happy to just know what the upcoming changes are and have time to reevaluate their travel decisions and still qualify for elite status on another airline if they so choose.

You discrediting this rumor doesn't make me think that the changes aren't coming in the future, whether or not any of us like them. And I expect they will be the industry norm within 2-3 years if any of the legacy airlines actually do move in this direction.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Allow me to summarize your post.

"I am great, I am all knowing, you are immature, you are stupid, everyone else is smarter than you."

I think your credibility just suffered.
What is it about the internet that causes people to get so petty and vindictive is it because you can't see/ hear your opponent?

I dont mean to be a Pollyanna and am guilty of hyperbole myself at times but, Keep it civil guys!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I'm taking it with a grain of salt because in spite of skyrocketing fuel prices, Delta started turning a profit after handing out DMQMs, RDMs and status like candy. Granted, they increased fees at the same time but buying loyalty seems to have helped their bottom line. I can't see them backing off of this.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by dcline414
Deadtail, I'm with you in reading about the rumors with a grain of salt. But if multiple sources have posted that the announcement is behind schedule, I agree that it is pointless to keep a countdown running.

I think the rumor has only gotten as much attention and discussion as it has because we all know that it is believable and realistic, and probably eventually inevitable.

Most people on this thread would probably be happy to just know what the upcoming changes are and have time to reevaluate their travel decisions and still qualify for elite status on another airline if they so choose.

You discrediting this rumor doesn't make me think that the changes aren't coming in the future, whether or not any of us like them. And I expect they will be the industry norm within 2-3 years if any of the legacy airlines actually do move in this direction.
Simply, my point is that all these supposed insiders don't know a thing, but instead are just feeding a thread that is really nothing but fictional entertainment. Are changes coming...sure, they always do. I would venture to guess that Delta doesn't know the final product until just before they release it.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I would venture to guess that Delta doesn't know the final product until just before they release it.
That's almost certainly true... and probably is for at least 90% of major corporate decisions!

But I think the "insiders" posting here gives us a good idea of what is being circled, and likely what direction future changes will take us. No one here is foolish enough to believe that a leaked rumor is the 100% gospel truth.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Simply, my point is that all these supposed insiders don't know a thing, but instead are just feeding a thread that is really nothing but fictional entertainment. Are changes coming...sure, they always do. I would venture to guess that Delta doesn't know the final product until just before they release it.
Any particular reason you're choosing to bury your head in the sand on this? Those of us that have inside connections at DL are trying to be useful and are trying to tell you what we can as information becomes available. It's incredibly naive to attempt to assure posters in this thread that this is all mindless fictional entertainment when more information has been shared here than probably meets the eye and will become exceptionally clear when the program details are announced.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by delanet
What is it about the internet that causes people to get so petty and vindictive is it because you can't see/ hear your opponent?

I dont mean to be a Pollyanna and am guilty of hyperbole myself at times but, Keep it civil guys!
+1
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:42 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
+2

Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta -DM"working on KM" Hhonors-Gold Priorityclub- Plat
I don't have an agenda, but given your post history..you do.

I don't believe bad news is coming.

We were given a post and told to accept it as fact without qualification. You feel like you can pick and choose what you want to believe, mostly based on how bad you feel it could be, but that's your problem, not mine. You also seem to have a problem with people who don't agree with you. I haven't attacked a single person, but you are attacking me claiming I have some sort of agenda.

I'm taking LedgeT for his word and nothing more.

5 hours left.
^+1
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:54 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by WAS
LOL. These countdowns that you are posting are pretty hilarious. Most people understand that "Target Q1 2012" doesn't mean March 30, 23h:59m.
Southwest missed its target dates for rolling out Rapid Rewards, slipping the schedule several months each time. The total delay was OVER A YEAR from the initial target date.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsmith50
Any particular reason you're choosing to bury your head in the sand on this? Those of us that have inside connections at DL are trying to be useful and are trying to tell you what we can as information becomes available. It's incredibly naive to attempt to assure posters in this thread that this is all mindless fictional entertainment when more information has been shared here than probably meets the eye and will become exceptionally clear when the program details are announced.
I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but people aren't always going to agree with you. It doesn't mean you have to get frustrated on go on attack.

I'm not burying my head in anything. I'm simply taking a rational approach to your hyperbole and kvetching.

Anyone can say non specific changes are coming at a non specific time and be right 100% of the time. You can keep claiming to be an insider all you want, but until you add anything specific you're just another rumor monger.

Last edited by Deadtail; Mar 30, 2012 at 12:14 pm
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I'm not burying my head in anything. I'm simply taking a rational approach to your hyperbole and kvetching.

Anyone can say non specific changes are coming at a non specific time and be right 100% of the time. You can keep claiming to be an insider all you want, but until you add anything specific you're just another rumor monger.
I have added as much specific information as currently exists that I can share in the general forum. It's not like I pick up the phone and call my friend at DL and ask for him to relay the latest insider information. I have to wait for that information to come to me as he is able and/or willing to share. I have shared more specific information by PM with some in this thread and that can be corroborated and we will see how accurate that information is when it's broken publicly. Additionally, at least 1 other poster has attested to the fact, in this thread, that I have sources within DL that are high enough up to get things done and that have asssisted him in the past in a particularly challenging situation.

I'm fine with you believing I'm a rumor monger but my track record on this board speaks for itself. My goal since joining FT was to try to be helpful and assist others based on my experience with DL and my contacts at DL. This thread is no different.

For that matter, how do we know that you're not a DL insider here to spin doctor things away from the truth that is coming out in this thread and convince people that it is all fiction?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I suggest this thread be put in "time out" for a while.......
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nsx
Southwest missed its target dates for rolling out Rapid Rewards, slipping the schedule several months each time. The total delay was OVER A YEAR from the initial target date.
Which is my point. Southwest took a extra year to refine their product. No one here knows what the final product is going to look like, even though they act like they do. No one even knows if the changes are going to be negative. Where were these insiders when Delta rolled out DM, which turned out to be great for many flyers.

This thread is full of people who are taking these rumors to heart, based on assertions from self proclaimed insiders who in reality know little more than Delta is looking at Skymiles, which they always do anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.