Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by LedgeT
The Loyalty Program is comprised of two projects that seek to increase revenue and customer loyalty along with
decreasing liability related to unused award miles. Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the
intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.

Revenue Based Mileage Accrual (RBMA) project shifts the basis for awarding miles to a revenue based accrual approach
Release 0: Support the communication/announcement of upcoming SkyMiles program changes (targeted 1Q12).
Will no longer display distance flown miles for departures after new miles accrual effective date (targeted for 3Q12)
Release 0.5: Provide Mileage Calculator to calculate approximate revenue based mileage accrual based on travel
after launch ((targeted 2Q12)
Release 1: Convert SkyMiles System from flown miles to revenue based mileage accrual (3Q12)
Release 2: Reward SkyMiles members with miles for all non-air purchases (i.e. SkyClub, Seats) (currently On Hold)

Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project
Fast Track Release – Provides limited base functionality to align with the Polaris Chicago release timing

Phase I at Launch introduces Fare Based Award Redemption Model, Single Shopping Experience for Customer, New Award Inventory Controls, Cash + Miles Award Redemption Product, Award Redemption for OA, Modifications to the automated Award Refund, Redeposit, and Reissue and Exchange Process

Phase II – After Launch includes Bid for Price Award Redemption Product, Buy It Now Award Redemption Product, Volume Discount Award Redemption Product, Modifications to SkyMiles Branded Mileage Upgrade Products, and Modifications to SkyMiles System-Wide Upgrade Certificates
Well first quarter ends next week, lets see what they announce.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The Loyalty Program is comprised of two projects that seek to increase revenue and customer loyalty along with
decreasing liability related to unused award miles. Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the
intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.

Revenue Based Mileage Accrual (RBMA) project shifts the basis for awarding miles to a revenue based accrual approach
Release 0: Support the communication/announcement of upcoming SkyMiles program changes (targeted 1Q12).
Will no longer display distance flown miles for departures after new miles accrual effective date (targeted for 3Q12)
Release 0.5: Provide Mileage Calculator to calculate approximate revenue based mileage accrual based on travel
after launch ((targeted 2Q12)
Release 1: Convert SkyMiles System from flown miles to revenue based mileage accrual (3Q12)
Release 2: Reward SkyMiles members with miles for all non-air purchases (i.e. SkyClub, Seats) (currently On Hold)

Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project
Fast Track Release – Provides limited base functionality to align with the Polaris Chicago release timing

Phase I at Launch introduces Fare Based Award Redemption Model, Single Shopping Experience for Customer, New Award Inventory Controls, Cash + Miles Award Redemption Product, Award Redemption for OA, Modifications to the automated Award Refund, Redeposit, and Reissue and Exchange Process

Phase II – After Launch includes Bid for Price Award Redemption Product, Buy It Now Award Redemption Product, Volume Discount Award Redemption Product, Modifications to SkyMiles Branded Mileage Upgrade Products, and Modifications to SkyMiles System-Wide Upgrade Certificates
Where did this come from?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.
Emphasis mine.

Clearly then this isn't a Delta plan, but someone else's....
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I can confirm from a friend at DL at the management level that DL is evaluating ways to incorporate monetization into the SM program. I have posted about this elsewhere over the past few months and my friend has been very clear that DL was looking at a way to recognize and reward HVCs. As of the last time he and I spoke about this, his belief was that it would involve incorporation of spending into the current medallion structure rather than an altogether separate system. Though, my sense from what he has shared (my speculation, not anything I have been directly told) is that yes, major changes are coming in the not-too-distant future for the SM program to go hand-in-hand with major changes to the SC that he says are being discussed internally at DL to relieve some of the issues that we complain about endlessly here and that DL is very much aware are occurring.

Get the liquor ready, should be an interesting next few weeks/months!

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes
Where did this come from?
From a DL source that I trust and who has knowledge.

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Fare Based FF Programs . . .

don't seem to have worked all that well. I can think of two . . . America West's of about 20 years ago; and TWA's Aviators.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Emphasis mine.

"Coordinated" communcation to the general public means the same information posted on DL.com, the blog, the Facebook page, and a new thread here.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Emphasis mine.

Project champion is Mr. Jeff Robertson...
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Reads more like something from McKinsey.

Originally Posted by jsmith50
I can confirm from a friend at DL at the management level that DL is evaluating ways to incorporate monetization into the SM program. I have posted about this elsewhere over the past few months and my friend has been very clear that DL was looking at a way to recognize and reward HVCs. As of the last time he and I spoke about this, his belief was that it would involve incorporation of spending into the current medallion structure rather than an altogether separate system. Though, my sense from what he has shared (my speculation, not anything I have been directly told) is that yes, major changes are coming in the not-too-distant future for the SM program to go hand-in-hand with major changes to the SC that he says are being discussed internally at DL to relieve some of the issues that we complain about endlessly here and that DL is very much aware are occurring.

Get the liquor ready, should be an interesting next few weeks/months!
+1 -- Changes are a coming!

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Get the status match forms ready, should be an interesting next few weeks/months!
Fixed that for you...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan - E75, Delta Sky Miles - Silver, HHonors - Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Wow - well, I guess I will kill the miles I have accumulated by the fall, and be Super Elite on Aeroplan by next year! Actually, I will hold my opinion, as most of my DL fares are paid Business on TATL, so maybe I would win on this format...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I had always heard that corporations were adamantly opposed to revenue-based mileage accrual. But the changes at WN seem to have gone down without too much corporate resistance (if any), so perhaps that is no longer the case.

David
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
New Award Inventory Controls
Bid for Price Award Redemption Product
Can't wait.

David
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by SFO777
Reads more like something from McKinsey.
nope....another firm is working on this Initiative...i cant reveal the name but some drastic changes are coming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.