Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
The poll at the bottom of the original post tells the story I'm afraid. With such a substantial lopsided vote with a pretty solid focus group surely DL won't be that blindsided when the mass exodus occurs Q4, 2012.
Really?

Some posters on here have "cried wolf" so much that Delta knows "threats are just that" not followed by action. LOL
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
The funny thing is the Ham Sandwich Guild has already devalued the program by inclusion and inflation of miles.... now they are going to devalue it by exclusion and devaluing of miles.

It would be funny if it was not an airline I have a personal attachment to and that I want to see be successful. You can say what you want, but the fact that they are all over the place with what they are trying to do speaks more of them than what they are actually doing....
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
This thread is now in the top 40 most viewed Delta SkyMiles threads.

Kind of ironic that Delta has spent millions on marketing to build an image of their brand as loyal to their customers and constantly working to improve their travel experience. Yet a free post to FT could have prevented all of that being undermined by a rumor... If it weren't true, that is.

As Delta reminds me, "customer service shouldn't fluctuate with the cost of fuel." I guess they mean that the customer should be equally shafted whether fuel prices go up or not!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:18 am

I also have to wonder how long it will be before one of the Atlanta-based network news affiliates puts one of their investigative journalists on this...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by dcline414
I also have to wonder how long it will be before one of the Atlanta-based network news affiliates puts one of their investigative journalists on this...

For what reason? We may be particularly interested here, but in reality changes to an airline's FF program are not major news stories.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
ABC are numbers.
I just saw a license plate that had ABC LUT.
(sorry for being OT)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
For what reason? We may be particularly interested here, but in reality changes to an airline's FF program are not major news stories.
Even if we HATE the changes?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Originally Posted by dcline414

Not major headline news... But definitely of interest in ATL (just as any Coke story would be). Plus most ATL frequent flyers are Delta medallions. Probably at least 60% or more of the people going through security on a Monday morning anyway!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL GM
All of this is still a rumor..........!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sectflyer
But with more coverage it may get DL to speak about it, as it puts pressure on them.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
And while rumors often fly high at the DL forum, often they come true.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
But with more coverage it may get DL to speak about it, as it puts pressure on them.
^
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
While still in rumor phase (which of course this could go on a long time), anyone nervous about piling up rollover MQM's as a result of this?

I'm about to cross over the DM threshold but instead of building up rollover, I'm thinking about doing a UA challenge for 1K and staying there the rest of the year if this is true.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox
While still in rumor phase (which of course this could go on a long time), anyone nervous about piling up rollover MQM's as a result of this?

I'm about to cross over the DM threshold but instead of building up rollover, I'm thinking about doing a UA challenge for 1K and staying there the rest of the year if this is true.

Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm also on course for DM (already booked over 11K MQM this year). But now that I genuinely feel like I'm a ham sandwich, I'm going to switch all remaining trips to AA and start burning my 600+K skypesos.

I also canceled my DL AMEX reserve card and got a portion of the annual fee back.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Having left DL 2+ yrs ago after seeing all the devaluation (i.e. spent additional $450 on date changes, and that was as a Platinum) and inability to redeem award ticket, this is just another nail in the Skymiles program. Sadly, still have 300K+ SM's to burn. Just don't have enough time, or unwilling to blow 300K on a single premium award ticket.

But this truly is frustrating to see how DL keeps treating their FF's as pinatas until they break every last one of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.