Skymiles Change Rumor?

Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM
[QUOTE=Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Or in other words, it seems that DL is getting rid of the ham in the ham sandwich - the middle layer, and will be only left with a thin top (a few real HVCs) and then the very bottom (low(est) value price sensitive Joe Blow flyers with zero loyalty and who make their decision based on a $0.50 price difference).
.[/QUOTE]

Look at NK. That is what they are targeting and they have some of (if not the) highest margins in the domestic market. Value priced sensitive Joe Blows buy those tickets with zero loyalty and pay fees through the nose.

An LUT elite is taking up a seat from a zero loyalty Joe Blow and not paying any fees, plus getting free drinks, and quite possibly a seat up front.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Originally Posted by Jump
There has been a lot of talk of HVCs throughout this thread yet none of us knows what it really takes to reach that level. Granted there are some outliers here who have shared extraordinary spending for a year but I'm assuming the majority of us are much closer to each other.

It would be interesting to start a separate thread working off of this one where we all shared what we expect our status to be and how much we expect to spend on Delta by the end of 2012.
I'm on it.
The thread is actually for 2011 spend/MQMs and current status, but I'm sure (unless your travel patterns have changed) you could annualize YTD or look at some other period.

My spend was all on one CC, so finding the total 2011 spend was easy.

For continuity, here is a link to the other thread:
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by H53Epilot
Maybe I'm an outlier, but I would love to see a change in the way status is calculated. FWIW, I have just started flying DL and flown 24 segements (12 round trips and 13K MQMS) since Jan 1 which have all been M class typically booked 1-2 days prior to travel. ATL based doesn't help nor does travel mostly to to MCO, JAX, or TPA, however my $$$ has been $8,800 thus far (avg $750/RT fares)and I am 50% on middle seats with most seats assigned at the gate. I doubt they would prefer for me to split for warmer waters.
And therein is the CRIME with SM. H53 deserves F class FAR MORE than a Diamond who got there on Ts.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM, MR PP
Originally Posted by bubbashow
And therein is the CRIME with SM. H53 deserves F class FAR MORE than a Diamond who got there on Ts.
I don't think I can agree with you here. He has spent less than $9K so far. A Diamond, even one who flew exclusively T fares, will have spent more than that last year to qualify for status. So, if H53 carries on his current travel pattern for the rest of the year your point might be defensible, but right here, right now there is no way he should be upgraded in preference to a Diamond.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Yes, but once he reaches the Diamond level, he will get F over the other Diamonds on Ts (if he is flying M fares). I don't see you point unless you mean that people should be "front loaded/advanced" top tier status before they've actually earned it.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
deja vu

If memory serves me correctly, have we not been here before? A number of years ago were not MQMs introducted as a fare based system...where LUT fares received either.75 or .50 MQMs (and yes it was during the Escarra period.) It lasted only a year or two. PM at the time was 100,000 MQMs I believe. It was not popular at the time, and I seem to remember a communication which started with "We have heard you...." when it ended.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by elsie
Is Goldman Sachs an airline consultant?
GS was hired by DL to explore the AA merger/buy out.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 1MM USAir SP Marriott Plat National Exec Elite
Yes, as someone who has spent 10-20k per year for fifteen YEARS on sLUT fares, I'm a criminal who deserves to be in middle seats in the back. Thanks for enlightening me on how I am stealing ugrades from more worthy fliers. Really?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Exactly. Look at who has viewed my profile.
And, I haven't stepped foot on DL metal in 8 months.
Who? I don't see anyone of interest to this discussion, unless so many of us have been looking at the profile that the person of interest dropped below the last ten.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Who? I don't see anyone of interest to this discussion, unless so many of us have been looking at the profile that the person of interest dropped below the last ten.
Michelle viewed my profile.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
What annoys me, is that obviously they are reading all of this and they let the uncertainity fester instead of giving us some sort of statement. We all have reservations to book and personally I want to know what is going because it this will cause me to shop around. yes, I will still fly DL but only when the price is the lowest. If I am riding in back, its not going to matter what airline I am flying. By letting this sit here for days and to let them see them logged in and ignore this, is such a bad PR move. So many of us have started at least to look at other airlines.

I have had enough of this BS, companies should not treat their customers this way (whether you are a HVC or not) I right now am a DM and their silence is a big FU. I am one of the passengers who I think in 15 years only flew another airline TWICE, I have been tip tier never even went to other websites to look at fares,because I enjoy this airline stood through them through the merger and hard times, this is what I get?

Honestly, even if they change nothing, I think I have had enough of all of this shoddy treatment and this has gotten me to look at the other airlines.

They don't want my business fine! Other airlines do!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
What annoys me, is that obviously they are reading all of this and they let the uncertainity fester instead of giving us some sort of statement. We all have reservations to book and personally I want to know what is going because it this will cause me to shop around. yes, I will still fly DL but only when the price is the lowest. If I am riding in back, its not going to matter what airline I am flying. By letting this sit here for days and to let them see them logged in and ignore this, is such a bad PR move. So many of us have started at least to look at other airlines.

I have had enough of this BS, companies should not treat their customers this way (whether you are a HVC or not) I right now am a DM and their silence is a big FU. I am one of the passengers who I think in 15 years only flew another airline TWICE, I have been tip tier never even went to other websites to look at fares,because I enjoy this airline stood through them through the merger and hard times, this is what I get?

Honestly, even if they change nothing, I think I have had enough of all of this shoddy treatment and this has gotten me to look at the other airlines.

What on earth do they owe you? Who are you? You could be an HVC, or you could be a kid in the basement of his parents house - this is the internet!

DL knows who their HVC fliers are and have probably tested the waters.

"They don't want my business fine! Other airlines do!" PLEASE!!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO GO! SEND YOUR RECEIPTS WITH YOUR SM NUMBER AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT THEY LOST!

The way some losers on here have treated official voices from DL, I would never engage this site either.

So many of us have started at least to look at other airlines.

Stop threatening! Go!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by krpjr
The point is to still reward your big spenders by adding a Global Services type level that UA has and keep the current program and fix the award calendar...
The point needs to be to stop creating "pseudo-elites", give the perks to those paying for them and improve your product.

DL's domestic first is shameful. Yet "elite" hillbillies eat it up.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Deadtail
I flew yesterday from JFK-ATL and happened to be sitting next to someone who some of us may be familiar with. I told him about the thread and mentioned how it's implications are growing by the hour.

This board is not monitored regularly.
There are not wholesale changes coming to the program.
Delta is working hard to gain corporate travel share.
I couldn't get an answer about bringing back EXP or a similar program. Which led me to believe if anything the smoke is related to an additional HVC program or corporate travel program on top of sky miles.

Everyone take a breath.
I can tell you from my friend in management at DL that this board IS routinely monitored by DL employees but it is apparently not a single individual's responsibility but more of a decentralized team approach, so that statement is a half-truth.

Wholesale changes would be relative and without breaching information from my friend I was requested not to share, MAJOR changes are coming and he says he is unaware at this point how severe the changes will be but he confirmed that feedback from this very discussion is being discussed internally at DL. Again, another half-truth.

So, I will take that breath once I know what is really coming!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA

Exactly! All it would take is a statement "your status earned this year under the current rules will be recognized in 2013." The fact they are not willing to say that speaks very loud.

Like you, in the past dozen years every flight has been credited to NW/DL with the exception I think of LAX-LAS and LAX-OAK on WN (where NW had no service at the time). And take out a 2.5 year hiatus where I wasn't traveling much and shopped around, I go back almost exclusively on NW to 86 (and exclusively NW where they are partners had service)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.