FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Skymiles Change Rumor? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1326526-skymiles-change-rumor.html)

monitor Jan 1, 2013 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 19955162)
FT is amusing and a good way to waste time IMO.
The NHL would amuse me, but Bettman is ruining the game.

Bettman is merely a stooge of the owners. An extremely unlikeable stooge I grant you, but nothing more.

I guess that in a stroke of brilliance, they selected that sort of personality thinking that he would deflect hostile attention away from them individually. And he has done that to a T.

silverforumsurf Jan 2, 2013 3:40 am

They could make partner awards a set dollar cost for DL FF and they could set miles for nonDL flyers. So the change could mainly impact delta earners. They could tweak how much delta dollars cost to partners, so maybe all delta flight would earn 25% miles in other programs etc. or on par with the new earn rate

Originally Posted by RealHJ (Post 18230216)
It makes sense (for DL, that is) and is quite likely to so happen, I think. I was just hoping that the current system would hold out for longer... as this will not work well with the rest of the SkyTeam airlines, and I am not sure how one ST airline can do this (fare based) while others are distance based, when mileage needs to be consistent earning (i.e. distance based) accross the entire ST, and can't be one way to earn for one segment of an itineary, another way for another. To honour ST mileage earning, then likely one would still earn DL based on the distance if one is a member of any program other than ST, so way around this would be to sign up for another ST airline FF program (e.g., KE) to keep earning DL flight miles (in another FFP) miles based on distance still, vs. fare. That is, if this comes to be...which I think it will, as I have long predicted (it makes business sense), I've only hoped it would be a few years later, not so soon.

+1. This is what makes me hope that it won't happen. Not quite yet. That it's being talked about, and it's not like DL giving any advance notice, official or unofficial.

Deadtail Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by LedgeT (Post 18230523)
The Loyalty Program is comprised of two projects that seek to increase revenue and customer loyalty along with
decreasing liability related to unused award miles. Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the
intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.

Revenue Based Mileage Accrual (RBMA) project shifts the basis for awarding miles to a revenue based accrual approach
Release 0: Support the communication/announcement of upcoming SkyMiles program changes (targeted 1Q12).
Will no longer display distance flown miles for departures after new miles accrual effective date (targeted for 3Q12)
Release 0.5: Provide Mileage Calculator to calculate approximate revenue based mileage accrual based on travel
after launch ((targeted 2Q12)
Release 1: Convert SkyMiles System from flown miles to revenue based mileage accrual (3Q12)
Release 2: Reward SkyMiles members with miles for all non-air purchases (i.e. SkyClub, Seats) (currently On Hold)

Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project
Fast Track Release – Provides limited base functionality to align with the Polaris Chicago release timing

Phase I at Launch introduces Fare Based Award Redemption Model, Single Shopping Experience for Customer, New Award Inventory Controls, Cash + Miles Award Redemption Product, Award Redemption for OA, Modifications to the automated Award Refund, Redeposit, and Reissue and Exchange Process

Phase II – After Launch includes Bid for Price Award Redemption Product, Buy It Now Award Redemption Product, Volume Discount Award Redemption Product, Modifications to SkyMiles Branded Mileage Upgrade Products, and Modifications to SkyMiles System-Wide Upgrade Certificates

goodandclassy Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm

alright, we get it. stop trolling now please.

AA_EXP09 Jan 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf (Post 19957921)
They could make partner awards a set dollar cost for DL FF and they could set miles for nonDL flyers. So the change could mainly impact delta earners. They could tweak how much delta dollars cost to partners, so maybe all delta flight would earn 25% miles in other programs etc. or on par with the new earn rate

Are you sure though that this wouldn't kill the DL/AS relationship and cause AS to partner solely with AA, which is a big loss considering AS elites can get upgraded on DL?

sectflyer Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks for the reminder of Ledget's official looking nonsense deadtail. Qwhatever12!

StayingHomeIsBetter Jan 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 19950603)
Yes, perhaps we all should be more careful in our use of terms.

Of course, I did not use the term "attack." I actually said you were making "disparaging comments."

Upon consideration of the following, I could have justifiably said you were "goading" certain individuals.

Whatever term best fits, it still describes a behavior that does not have a particularly positive influence here.

And, yes, I offer my share of criticism with respect to certain DL management practices. But, I generally (except in egregious situations) avoid commenting on rank and file employees, or the airline itself. Me taking issue with corporate leadership is a far cry from you trying to encite a verbal brawl in the mud with individual FT members.

Updated to add your latest return to the trough.

fix·a·tion
/fikˈsāSHən/
Noun
An obsessive interest in or feeling about someone or something.

Vuelos Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am

Calling LedgeT

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ls-inside.html

Originally Posted by DLroads (Post 20059119)
Coming Next Year
Beginning January 1, 2014, SkyMiles members residing in the United States (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) will qualify for Medallion status based on an additional threshold – the member’s annual spending with Delta, which will be measured by Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs).

Members must also meet the existing Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) qualification criteria.

The threshold ranges from $2,500-$12,500 MQDs depending on Medallion level.

Alternatively, Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers can be waived from the new Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) requirement if they make at least $25,000 in Eligible Purchases within the calendar year.

pbarnette Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Vuelos (Post 20059162)

What has been proposed is not at all what was described, so hopefully we can put this particular thread to bed and get on with complaining about the actual changes that happened.

RSSrsvp Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Vuelos (Post 20059162)

Originally Posted by pbarnette (Post 20059206)
What has been proposed is not at all what was described, so hopefully we can put this particular thread to bed and get on with complaining about the actual changes that happened.

As the changes have been announced please follow the discussion on the thread referenced by Vuelos.

RSSrsvp - Moderator