Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by mikeef
Are we talking about the original or the KC remake?

Mike
OT: The KC remake is the only one I saw. My dad called when I was watching it on TV for the first time and yelled at me to hang up the phone and call him back. I was about to miss the last five minutes. How did we live without DVRs? It was the most emotional I'd heard the man in my then 24 years.

Didn't the original have the book's name, which wasn't "No Way Out?"
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL GM
"While AS has many loyal flyers and a fine product in the grand scheme it is small potatoes."

I would not call the DL-AS relationship "small potatoes" it is a big part of the western US DL system! To change the fundamentals of it is a huge deal. Especially when it has been very recent that the relationship has become so strong.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by hazelrah
United in disarray. US not an alternative many loyal Deltoids would consider, and AA in bankruptcy, has the timing ever been better for change?
And yet, crickets... Aren't SkyPesos devalued enough to negate the need for a revenue-based program? How can you make something that so many claim is worthless worth less? I know many here can get excellent redemption rates from their skymiles, but the average kettle collecting SM on their Amex probably isn't fairing so well.

I think people are right when they say it's coming, but DL is posting profits. I don't know that now or anytime soon will be the time.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by timmy83
Aren't SkyPesos devalued enough to negate the need for a revenue-based program? How can you make something that so many claim is worthless worth less?
I think that if you look at Sky pesos recent history it is one of steady, incremental dimunition of value. 4 tiers (which is a bad joke), Selling upgrades vice providing them to elites gratis, dissappearing 25K low awards becoming mythical, AF awards non-availability. They keep chiseling away.

Originally Posted by timmy83
I think people are right when they say it's coming, but DL is posting profits. I don't know that now or anytime soon will be the time.
We'll all know soon enough. It would have been nice to have some communication from Delta to the effect of - "Upcoming changes to Delta's FF program", but as we all know communication is not Delta' s style.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by hazelrah

We'll all know soon enough. It would have been nice to have some communication from Delta to the effect of - "Upcoming changes to Delta's FF program", but as we all know communication is not Delta' s style.
Remember, they told us that it was illegal for them to make such advanced announcements of program changes... and that, by implication, those airlines that were more considerate of their members were heinous lawbreakers.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Where have all the sources gone? LedgeT and Jsmith50 were making claims in great detail. Now all we're left with is the usual pot stirrers making irrational statements and wild guesses.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Remember, they told us that it was illegal for them to make such advanced announcements of program changes... and that, by implication, those airlines that were more considerate of their members were heinous lawbreakers.
Link?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Link?
We can begin with this one:

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
It is not at all uncommon that members of FT see things around the system before they are formally announced. Many times there are competitive and regulatory reasons that we need to consider prior to posting in an official capacity in an open forum such as FT (this string is a good example: competative information)...
IIRC, there is another thread addressing the assertion that SM program changes could not be announced ahead of implementation for "legal" reasons. Perhaps others recall this thread. I will continue searching... using one of the internet's least capable search tools.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Delta is a public company and is limited by the SEC on what they can and can't say in public, especially if it does, or have the potential to impact their financials. The last thing CFO's and their staff like doing is running around behind marketing and sales guys filing 8K's.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 7:49 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Now all we're left with is the usual pot stirrers making irrational statements and wild guesses.
Is this the pot calling the kettle black?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Just need 6 more days with a retention of status quo - then I can book another International J Thanksgiving exodus (circa 2013)
Old Dec 29, 2012, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tomphot
Is this the pot calling the kettle black?
I don't speak to kettles.

Originally Posted by LedgeT

This is coming folks ... What's coming, though, is up in the air until DL makes a formal announcement.
Can you tell us what is coming? We only have a short amount of time left until the new MQM year starts. Me, I'm at the edge of my seat.

Originally Posted by LedgeT
Thank you for the kind words, David. I've quietly observed this thread from afar and just noticed your comment when I decided to catch up on the past few pages of posts. (BTW, I'm in HSV to see family in a couple of weeks -- beer/cocktail of choice while I'm there??) Those with doubts can search for posts by my user ID to see that I step in to help fellow FTers as required.

Some will believe, some will not. What's fact is that the train has left the station... I would typically give DL the benefit of the doubt and hope that this would truly be an enhancement to the program; however, their treatment of non-DMs over the past year has steadily declined. And, of course, the argument can be made that DMs haven't gotten the best treatment either.

I won't jump into that debate as I'm a lowly Plat that travels on DL as much as possible. I have multiple airports available to me (GPT/MOB/PNS/MSY/VPS) and I always try to stay loyal to DL even when it means me driving out of my way to go to an airport where I can fly DL without pushback from my travel department. When it comes to personal travel, I look nowhere other than DL - even if it means connections vs. a non-stop. (IE any of the above airports - DFW, DC, NYC, etc).

Until then, I'll keep getting tipsy in the SC, enjoy my FC upgrades with PDBs and "PREM" boarding. If it gets to be awful, I'll become a price shopper and resign myself to flying paid F only when I want to - which I do, both domestically and internationally.

I'll be watching this thread with a cocktail in hand from now on... By the way, has anyone nominated this for a "Best of FT"??? This might be a record setting thread....

-LedgeT
The train has left the station! The train has left the station!

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 30, 2012 at 4:45 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can you tell us what is coming? We only have a short amount of time left until the new MQM year starts. Me, I'm at the edge of my seat.
Don't get too excited, if past history repeats itself you'll have nothing but things to cry about.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Don't get too excited, if past history repeats itself you'll have nothing but things to cry about.
He's not being serious, he's mocking.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:03 pm

Delta is a public company and is limited by the SEC on what they can and can't say in public, especially if it does, or have the potential to impact their financials. The last thing CFO's and their staff like doing is running around behind marketing and sales guys filing 8K's.
The post being referred to (which I can't find) stated that it would be illegal to give advance notice of award price increases. It was given as an explanation of why certain award redemptions changed without notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.