Skymiles Change Rumor?

Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ecaarch
(With all due respect to my attorney friends, much the same way that an attorney frames a question to a witness to produce the desired answer rather than an honest or candid response.)
Objection. Leading.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DM.DIA
I can't see the last page?
Me too. I can see post #2113 but I can't get to page 142 even though the top and bottom of the pages of this thread that I can see indicate that there is a page 142.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Me too. I can see post #2113 but I can't get to page 142 even though the top and bottom of the pages of this thread that I can see indicate that there is a page 142.
Page 142 contains the elusive SMI response to 141 pages of speculation.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Page 142 contains the elusive SMI response to 141 pages of speculation.
^

Actually this has happened before and IIRC, it is because some posts have been removed by the Mod.

I still suspect it is because FT has Outsourced the Board to Delta IT.

Cheers

PS, I just made it to the top of page 142.

Last edited by X3Skier; Apr 27, 2012 at 7:32 am Reason: add PS
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Changes are coming....changes are coming....waaaaak waaaaaak.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
I hope they do have a gigantic change coming to the SM program, otherwise it was 2,117 replies worth of nothing. Delta has a lot to uphold in the expectations you all laid out for them. I guess its too late to say "stop giving them ideas"
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:55 pm
jk2

Is it anticipated that DL will modify award chart as well? In our houesehold we have several SkyMiles accounts with significant balance. We (family of 3) fly to Europe once per year and this year we decided to fly in coach (to save miles for future trips). But reading about upcoming changes, I don't want those miles to worth nothing and thinking about redeeming for Business class. Would it be a stupid move? Maybe DL just wants to scary people to burn their SM balance.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by jk2
Is it anticipated that DL will modify award chart as well? In our houesehold we have several SkyMiles accounts with significant balance. We (family of 3) fly to Europe once per year and this year we decided to fly in coach (to save miles for future trips). But reading about upcoming changes, I don't want those miles to worth nothing and thinking about redeeming for Business class. Would it be a stupid move? Maybe DL just wants to scary people to burn their SM balance.
This is exactly what I did for my summer trip to Europe... instead of sitting in the back, I decided to burn a few more miles and book J. I was lucky to find routes with the new 767 J seats, so I might have done it anyway. But with the "rumors", (which I don't put much stock in), I thought I would hedge my bet and not leave too many skypesos in my pocket.

Good luck finding any availability now... about a week ago the entire summer calender turned blue!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
Originally Posted by bajrbajr

Good luck finding any availability now... about a week ago the entire summer calender turned blue!
Of course the calendar is so dysfunctional, they will change periodically.

Cheers
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, American GLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
PLEASE LOCK THIS! Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Please ban this user not lock this thread, thanks.

BTW The page number is working for me right now *fingers crossed*
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
Originally Posted by jk2
This is exactly what I did for my summer trip to Europe... instead of sitting in the back, I decided to burn a few more miles and book J. I was lucky to find routes with the new 767 J seats, so I might have done it anyway. But with the "rumors", (which I don't put much stock in), I thought I would hedge my bet and not leave too many skypesos in my pocket.

I would say the best thing to do at this point in time is keeping your mileage bank as close to zero as possible.

Burn as many miles as possible as a hedge. If you are PM or DM, you can book ticket and cancel them at a later date too without a fee.

IMHO, UA is the first to devalue their FFP and thus it is a matter of time before DL and AA devalues theirs too. I really wish DL would announce things sooner. But until then, I will not be booking a ticket on a Delta flight until this rumor thing clears up.

Originally Posted by mother-
Please ban this user not lock this thread, thanks.
+1
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
I would say the best thing to do at this point in time is keeping your mileage bank as close to zero as possible.

Burn as many miles as possible as a hedge. If you are PM or DM, you can book ticket and cancel them at a later date too without a fee.

IMHO, UA is the first to devalue their FFP and thus it is a matter of time before DL and AA devalues theirs too. I really wish DL would announce things sooner. But until then, I will not be booking a ticket on a Delta flight until this rumor thing clears up.

+1
All this based on a dumb rumor on a message board? This is awesome.

The cries for attention have largely ceased. I wonder if they bought cats.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For me this thread starts at page #54 (oldest) and ends at page #1 (newest), so please return my missing 87-88 pages.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by DHalltheway

+1
How has UA devalued their miles? UA miles are so easy to redeem at lower price level it makes DL's calender look like a joke! With minimal effort nearly any route nearly any day can be booked with miles at UA.com. (low-level price)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.