FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1325738-why-canit-business-class-award-seats-booked-delta-com-air-france-flights.html)

I_Can_Fly_US_Airways Jul 25, 2012 8:40 pm

"Skyteam is a leftover alliance"

Originally Posted by bostontraveler (Post 18996163)
Glad they have. It seems that DL, AF, AZ and UX have gotten together to share worst practices. Skyteam is a leftover alliance.

No! That can't be cause Global Traveler voted it the NUMBER 1 alliance!!!

I_Can_Fly_US_Airways Jul 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Hold The Presses!!!

Just got finished reading the latest edition of Global Traveler. They got an exclusive scoop of the airline that is going to SAVE Skyteam!

Ready??? Here it is....

Air Transylvania (-;

mnredfox Jul 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ (Post 18999768)
Is it just me, or is it that now AF and KL award flights are not bookable on dullta.com at all - either in Y or C? Every single AF & KL flight I've searched for, both local within EU (e.g. AMS-CDG), or long-haul, always return a blank (nothing available) results page on DL ("Flights for the cities and/or dates you selected are not offered or not available."), despite there being plenty of "classic" availability as per airfrance.us award search. I tried dates both far out and close in. Nothing. Ever.

Is this the new norm and now AF & KL flights are no longer bookable online at all?

But, what about by phone? Does that still work (so one needs to check availability on airfrance.us and then call to book), or is that "broken" as well in that no AF or KL awards can be done by DL either online or offline (as was earlier reported here, lots of AF "classic" award availability, but DL claims there is nothing), or even if they can get it and put it in a PNR, then they claim that they can't ticket it?

What's the latest on this? Any recent successes in booking AF or KL award flights?

Dl.dumb. I got this a lot recently. To fix:

1. EF searching for O or X
2. Use airfrance.us and search via FB
3. Use klm.com and search via FB

SDQBound Jul 26, 2012 2:15 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 19002316)
Are you the guy who theorized ExpertFlyer needed to show inventory for two AF seats in order for delta.com to find one?

I can find some evidence in SDQ-CDG searches to support that contention.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/...nscott/sdq.jpg

I didn't theorized. I followed the suggestions from the low award search thread. The specific flights I'm looking for are all O1, from SDQ or from JFK and neither myself or an agent can book it. Found flights via MAD with UX, with fees and taxes >800.00 US:td:. Looks like in some cases O1 on AF means 0 Availability for Skymiles Award Travel

MilesTalk Jul 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Has anyone had luck booking a flight that shows on Delta.com and then "sells out" (on Air France) via an agent? Or are we just completely unable to book AF right now with miles??

(SO frustrating - I have an IST-JFK leg in J that shows available as IST-CDG-JFK in J on the A380, but it won't go past the availability page)

3Cforme Jul 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by daveland (Post 19014533)
Or are we just completely unable to book AF right now with miles??

The ability of anyone to book any AF award with Delta miles shows this is a rhetorical question.

Jac747 Jul 27, 2012 4:09 pm

I have tried many dates and have searched via schedule for a trip I've usually had no trouble booking online prior to this time. Lax-CDG(24hr layover) CDG-AMM and then straight through on the return, all in biz, for one seat and I'm a Platinum. I am continually getting the "sold out" message at the end and DL has told me that there is a problem with the booking engine and if they are not DL codeshare flts, they can't be booked. This will be the nail in the coffin for me if they don't remedy this glitch soon.

jarino Jul 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by B7e7US (Post 19003961)
The specific flights I'm looking for are all O1, from SDQ or from JFK and neither myself or an agent can book it. Found flights via MAD with UX, with fees and taxes >800.00 US:td:. Looks like in some cases O1 on AF means 0 Availability for Skymiles Award Travel

This is the key to understand the latest glitch. I tried to book 3 persons on a flight with O3, I had the same error message. Then I booked one person after the other, the first two worked, the third had the same error again, when expertflyer was showing O1. Fortunately, the next day the flight showed O2 and I could book the third person.

bdben Aug 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 19003190)
Dl.dumb. I got this a lot recently. To fix:

1. EF searching for O or X
2. Use airfrance.us and search via FB
3. Use klm.com and search via FB

Can you explain what EF and FB refers to and how to actually do what you are suggesting? I thought FB might be Fare Basis but I found no way to search by Fare Basis at airfrance.com, only by class of service.

ma91pmh Aug 29, 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bdben (Post 19213059)
Can you explain what EF and FB refers to and how to actually do what you are suggesting? I thought FB might be Fare Basis but I found no way to search by Fare Basis at airfrance.com, only by class of service.

EF = ExpertFlyer, a paid tool that allows you to search Air France Business Class inventory

FB = FlyingBlue the name of the AirFrance/KLM frequent flyer program

UserMark Sep 10, 2012 6:33 am

What the ...
Transatlantic Air France O class has disappeared from Sabre again. Intra-Europe is still there.

charms81 Sep 10, 2012 7:17 am

Originally Posted by UserMark (Post 19286862)
What the ...
Transatlantic Air France O class has disappeared from Sabre again. Intra-Europe is still there.

Probably because of the 2 O categories introduced recently (25K/31.5K). It sure does good for FB members since it gives a ton of availability, but almost nothing left for partners.

vgb2001 Sep 10, 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by charms81 (Post 19287086)
Probably because of the 2 O categories introduced recently (25K/31.5K). It sure does good for FB members since it gives a ton of availability, but almost nothing left for partners.

25K and 31.5K sounds more like Y award seats (AF X) than award Business seats (AF O).
AF O has all be disappeared from TATL flights for over 2 months now. Reports indicate that O can be found out of CDG to Asia on the other hand. Also, I read around here that some O can be found, just if you plan way way ion advance (like 8 months ahead or so); I have not tried that myself however.

DLroads Sep 12, 2012 9:06 pm

It's back! the c#%#%!

I see wide open award inventory on SEVERAL flights in the "O" class,
confirm it with airfrance.us, confirm it with EF, get nothing on delta.blof so I call the DM desk.
Call 1: "Sir, if I don't see it, it's not there" (end quote, slightly paraphrased)
Call 2: Searching, searching, looking, trying... suggest online desk
Call 3, Online Desk: Don't see, transfer me to a supervisor (so they claim) turned out to be an award agent at... Jamaica
Actually, she did try helping alot. But, she saw no way out.
Supervisor is consulting (agent, not me)
answer: nothing can be done, call back. No, no follow up calls are possible.

Damage: Three calls, 45+ minutes, and one unhappy DM. Why? for something that is there, and is available, and is not a 'gaming', (and actually allows DL to sell more tickets for more $$$). Why do you want to make the client miserable when they are willing to pay more $$$ for a service?

DHalltheway Sep 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by DLroads (Post 19305333)
I see wide open award inventory on SEVERAL flights in the "O" class,
confirm it with airfrance.us, confirm it with EF, get nothing on delta.blof so I call the DM desk.
Call 1: "Sir, if I don't see it, it's not there" (end quote, slightly paraphrased)
Call 2: Searching, searching, looking, trying... suggest online desk
Call 3, Online Desk: Don't see, transfer me to a supervisor (so they claim) turned out to be an award agent at... Jamaica
Actually, she did try helping alot. But, she saw no way out.
Supervisor is consulting (agent, not me)
answer: nothing can be done, call back. No, no follow up calls are possible.

Damage: Three calls, 45+ minutes, and one unhappy DM. Why? for something that is there, and is available, and is not a 'gaming', (and actually allows DL to sell more tickets for more $$$). Why do you want to make the client miserable when they are willing to pay more $$$ for a service?

is this the same for SINRES/HKGRES?