FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1325738-why-canit-business-class-award-seats-booked-delta-com-air-france-flights.html)

app47 Apr 3, 2012 8:08 am

Originally Posted by ATLCDG (Post 18325539)
Excuse me? I know what I see. While this may not be fully repaired, there is availability on delta.com.

I am also seeing O avail. My example is Aug 8, IAD-CDG. Did not try to ticket it, but got most of the way there without error messages.

NHFL9 Apr 3, 2012 8:08 am

I think this is fixed... I am now seeing AF flights bookable in O on delta.com...

UserMark Apr 3, 2012 8:11 am

And AF O class is back on sabre too.

Denolloyd Apr 3, 2012 8:14 am

I was able to successfully place an AF J award on hold via DL.com. I think we are good.

TrojanTraveler Apr 3, 2012 8:15 am

O is now showing up again on EF, Flight Availability, with the other codes.

michael2500 Apr 3, 2012 8:19 am

It is fixed! Just held an AF O class itinerary online!

pokeable Apr 3, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 18325402)
I'm seeing it on IAD-CDG, and clicking through actually works. No "sold out" error or anything. I'm not in the market to book now that my SWU went through yesterday (and the flight I snagged is now O0, so I'm glad I did it via SIN), but it appears that things could be fixed for the moment.

agree. Was able to price out 100K 'O' fares on the IAD-CDG A388 flights (9/1/12-9/10/12 was my sample date)

slidergirl Apr 3, 2012 9:24 am

Close. It looks like if you are pricing a flight from an airport that has an AF flight, it is showing up for 100,000. If you try to start at another airport, the AF flights don't show up, but you get connected to a DL flight at inflated miles.
My example is going SLC-CDG, Nov 6-15. Low on the calendar. I'm only given options on DL metal, with ONE flight priced at 180,00, 3 more at 212,500, and the rest at 262,500. If I change my starting airport to IAH, I get 100,000. If I try multi-city and do slc-iah-cdg-iah-slc, I get availability at 180,000 that uses the AF flight. If I "suck it up" and do Econ on the legs between slc & iah (on a CRJ for 3 hours), I can get it down to 140,000. Do I really need to blow 80,000 extra points because I'm out of SLC??? ARRRRRGH.

michael_v Apr 3, 2012 9:36 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 18326161)
Close. It looks like if you are pricing a flight from an airport that has an AF flight, it is showing up for 100,000. If you try to start at another airport, the AF flights don't show up, but you get connected to a DL flight at inflated miles.
My example is going SLC-CDG, Nov 6-15. Low on the calendar. I'm only given options on DL metal, with ONE flight priced at 180,00, 3 more at 212,500, and the rest at 262,500. If I change my starting airport to IAH, I get 100,000. If I try multi-city and do slc-iah-cdg-iah-slc, I get availability at 180,000 that uses the AF flight. If I "suck it up" and do Econ on the legs between slc & iah (on a CRJ for 3 hours), I can get it down to 140,000. Do I really need to blow 80,000 extra points because I'm out of SLC??? ARRRRRGH.

You will need to play more with it.

Strictly on DL metal, I see on Nov 6 SLC-CVG-CDG (DL 1408 & DL 44) with the domestic SLC-CVG portion in coach, and CVG-CDG in business. On Nov 15, I see CDG-ATL-SLC all in business/first, but with night layover in ATL.

If you want to use AF, try through ORD and/or IAH. SLC-IAH is tougher to get than SLC-ORD at the low level.

mtkeller Apr 3, 2012 9:41 am

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 18326237)

Strictly on DL metal, I see on Nov 6 SLC-CVG-CDG (DL 1408 & DL 44) with the domestic SLC-CVG portion in coach, and CVG-CDG in business. On Nov 15, I see CDG-ATL-SLC all in business/first, but with night layover in ATL.

If you want to use AF, try through ORD and/or IAH. SLC-IAH is tougher to get than SLC-ORD at the low level.

SLC-IAH-CDG is over the SLC-CDG MPM, which is part of the pricing wonkiness. ORD and IAD are going to be better connecting points. Routing rules do matter, and DL's award routing rules are some of the stingiest out there.

slidergirl Apr 3, 2012 9:53 am

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 18326237)

I really want the AF metal for the TATL. I like their Affaires product. I've been doing the IAH-CDG and back flight for at least 6 years now. I have always been able to get my entire itinerary starting/ending at SLC priced out at 100,000. This is the first time that it's failing.
I really don't want to have to do domestic cattle car. I may have to in order to bring the pricing down to almost-acceptable levels.

Is there a quick spot where I can see where AF metal flies from in the US? I know for sure IAH, LAX, IAD (not accessible via SLC in NOV) and JFK. When I plugged in JFK in my multi-city search, I did not get visibility for the AF metal, only DL...

mtkeller Apr 3, 2012 10:06 am

Check Wikipedia under Air France Destinations. You'll always want to verify that routes exist on your dates (some flights aren't daily or are seasonal), but Wikipedia is a great resource for seeing which carriers fly to a place or where a carrier flies. Want to see SkyTeam options to BKK? Look up BKK on Wikipedia. Want to see where AF flies, look up Air France destinations.

I don't know how you were getting SLC-IAH-CDG for 100K, as it's over the MPM:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:

Maximum Permitted Mileage:
Airports: SLC-IAH-CDG
Flying DL on 06/01/12

Maximum Permitted Mileage
SLCPAR-DL 01JUN12

TICKETED POINT SURCHARGES APPLY.
    GI      M        5M      10M      15M      20M      25M

MPM AT  6085      6389      6693      6997      7302      7606

Calculated Sector Mileage
SLC DL HOU DL PAR /01JUN12

CTY  GI  TPM    CUM    MPM  EMS  DED  LAST  NEXT  25M

SLC 1
 1. HOU 1 -  1204  1204       
 2. PAR 2 AT  5028  6232  6085  5M    0  147  157  7606

The best thing to do is really piece things together using the FB engine on af.us and then multi-city by schedule on DL.dumb to find the flights that you know exist for low. I'm not sure how good it will be at routing out of SLC, so check the gateways to CDG and then check SLC to the gateway you want to use.

slidergirl Apr 3, 2012 10:16 am

Yes, it's true. I've always been able to get that routing for 100,000. The last time I did it was May 2010 (last year I went to Kenya instead). Maybe it was because I always called the res line and had an agent do it for me. I always looked online via the various engines to see that Business was available on the flights I wanted first. I always also look on the FB engine for the award availability. I've got FF accounts all over the map so I can look at different airline availability.

I'd like to think that I had something to do with the AF metal showing back up. I did write 4 escalating emails to DL in the past 2 about this and how I absolutely KNEW that they were deliberately gaming their customers to force them onto DL flights at higher rates. Anything else you want fixed, just let me know ;)

DJMeatBall Apr 3, 2012 10:44 am

I can also report AirFrance O class is back in the U.S. and accessible to phone agents. I just successfully booked a 100K trip for my sis to come home to visit from where she lives in Europe.

Yay!!!!

ConciergeBrandon Apr 3, 2012 1:16 pm

Good news indeed.