Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award RTW + Purchased RTW = Join PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Award RTW + Purchased RTW = Join PNRs

I am starting to plan a RTW trip to use 180k Skymiles. My partner would like to accompany, so she is investigating purchasing one of the RTW packages (they come in different mileage increments). RTW scheduling and iteneraries are already complex, so going on different PNRs sounds like a recipe for disaster with seating and what not. Is one able to purchase a joint ticket in this fashion? Has anyone done this before?

P.S. I am GM, and doing this now (i.e., this year) to take advantage of those benefits. When one flies from and one country to another (neither one including the US) on a ST partner (but not Delta), is one able to make use of the ST lounges in those cities? Free booze and snacks could amount to some savings for a trip of this size.

Last edited by westand; Mar 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Yes, gm gets access to skyteam lounges and can guest 1 in. Make sure you have your gm card with you, but as long as your ticket says skyteam elite plus on it, you wont need your gm card
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by westand
RTW scheduling and iteneraries are already complex, so going on different PNRs sounds like a recipe for disaster with seating and what not. Is one able to purchase a joint ticket in this fashion?
There is no contractual attachment of different PNRs. There is only a notation, which may overlooked by agents or automatic rebooking routines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.