Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 5X Miles on DL Purchases 3/15-4/30/2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC

No idea if this is targeted or not but received the following email...
------------------

Hello Mr. Sez_Who,

With your Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you can get closer to the kind of trips that dreams are made of. Between March 15 and April 30, 2012, you can earn up to five times the miles on eligible Delta purchases. Enroll today and see how quickly you can earn your next Award Ticket on Delta or any of Delta's SkyTeam partners.

Here's how it works:
Step 1: Register in the promotion by clicking here
Step 2: Find desired Delta flights and include your SkyMiles number in the
itinerary
Step 3: Complete your purchase using your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card and earn
five times the miles for the purchase amount

Enroll in this exclusive promotion and you can start earning five times the miles today. Don't forget to enter your SkyMiles account number on your travel itinerary.

Unfortunate timing for me because I just booked intl BE but hope it will help someone else.

Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: This offer is valid from March 15 to April 30th, 2012 ("Promotion Period") for solicited Cardmembers only. Enrollment and eligible Delta purchase required by April 30, 2012. Member must register online. To be eligible to receive bonus miles, the Cardmember's account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. This offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection® Carrier and Delta Shuttle® flights purchased for a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Qualification for this offer requires at least one purchase of a Delta ticket. Additional Cardmembers are not eligible to receive the promotion. To receive credit for this offer, the SkyMiles number must be included on the travel itinerary. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages only and no other all-inclusive packages. The five times the miles offer only includes three promotional miles in addition to double miles on eligible Delta purchases, and will be applied one time at the end of the promotion period. Offer does not count towards additional MQMs. This offer does not apply to purchases made during the promotion period and later refunded. Bonus miles for this offer are limited to 25,000 miles. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the promotion for the bonus miles to be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account.

General: All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Prices and rules are subject to change without notice. Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta is not responsible for goods or services offered by any companies participating in miles promotions. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Partners subject to change. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.

Promotional Reference Code: Refer Delta representative to KM 973630 or American Express representative to POID AAUA:0002.

Promotional Fulfillment: Please allow 6-8 weeks after the promotion for the bonus miles to be posted to your Delta SkyMiles account.

Last edited by Sez_Who; Mar 15, 2012 at 12:50 pm Reason: Added T&C
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Link?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aljacket
Link?
The link in the email only seems to go to my registration, no entering SM # because it happens automatically. This is why I am wondering if it is targeted, maybe only to those with AmEx DL cards(?).

Tried a couple other backdoor things but nothing worked.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
I got this about 20 minutes ago.

Great timing. I have travel to book!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Link?
According to the Ts&Cs, it's a targeted email solicitation:

"This offer is valid from March 15 to April 30th, 2012 ("Promotion Period") for solicited Cardmembers only. "

Last edited by bartendress; Mar 15, 2012 at 12:58 pm Reason: Edit to add quote from Ts&Cs.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
The link in the email only seems to go to my registration, no entering SM # because it happens automatically. This is why I am wondering if it is targeted, maybe only to those with AmEx DL cards(?).

Tried a couple other backdoor things but nothing worked.
Well as a Delta Amex Holder, i would like to know

Ok, when you click the link is it Amex or Delta you see?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No email for me yet...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Good question. Definitely a DL link.

A little weird to me since I have never received any targeted DL promotion before. Only thing I can figure it they noticed I booked intl BE last week and figured since I already blew a bundle, now is the time to tell me what a huge mistake I made.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Now let's see how easy these SkyPesos are to redeem!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
The five times the miles offer only includes three promotional miles in addition to double miles on eligible Delta purchases
Huh?

Maybe "triple" rather than "three"?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by SkyBuck
Huh?

Maybe "triple" rather than "three"?
I think what they mean is you usually get 2x the number of dollars, so they're giving 3x more.... for a total of 5x.

Hopefully it'll work better than the 150 miles we were supposed to get from Bose

(I gave up on that one)

Bob H
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Wow - I have a Gold and Platinum Delta Amex. Not seen an e-mail yet. I just bought a flight last night too -- to FSD of all places.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:45 pm

Well as a Delta Amex Holder, i would like to know

I pulled it up on my mobile and clicked the button. Took me to a Delta page and the address shows it as a delta.com domain.

As a targeted promo, there's no form to fill out. Clicking the link registers you automatically via the link coding.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:59 pm

If Delta link..then may be a no go for me as it does not show up in "available promotions" on delta.com for me.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Tageted Promo

I can't ever remember receiving a targeted promo. I feel left out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.