Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 5X Miles on DL Purchases 3/15-4/30/2012

Earn 5X Miles on DL Purchases 3/15-4/30/2012

Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jzumrick
I can't ever remember receiving a targeted promo. I feel left out.
I wonder how they've formulated the selection process.

I carried the Gold DL AmEx last year w/$20K spend (mostly late Q3 through Q4). This year my spend should be at or above $50K and I bumped up to the DL AmEx Plat to capute the spend bonuses.

Of course, for this promo, AmEx has no idea what my sped is going to be this year...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:57 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
No need to feel left out at all. Apply for a AmEx Premier Rewards Gold card and you get 3x MR points for ALL airline purchases. Wait for one of the DL transfer bonuses (in the past up to 67% bonus) and you get as many or more DL miles.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Would be even more tempting if I didn't have to travel...
"To receive credit for this offer, the SkyMiles number must be included on the travel itinerary."
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:16 pm

Does anyone know if this is for travel within the time period or purchase within the time period?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
me too

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Mar 15, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta FO, United Silver, National Executive, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by seanmh
Does anyone know if this is for travel within the time period or purchase within the time period?
Nothing in the mice type about travel dates. It's for Delta purchases on or before 4/30/2012. Lots of reminders to include your SM number in your itinerary.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by fti
... Wait for one of the DL transfer bonuses (in the past up to 67% bonus) and you get as many or more DL miles.
Those seem to be over!!! Been waiting for one
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seanmh

DL T&C's often leave a lot of questions unanswered but this one seems pretty clear that they are referring to purchases during the period, so travel could occur much later.

Enrollment and eligible Delta purchase required by April 30, 2012.

This offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection® Carrier and Delta Shuttle® flights purchased for a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit.

However, note there is a 25K RDM limit....

Bonus miles for this offer are limited to 25,000 miles.

Does this mean 25K total, i.e., $5K spend? Or does it mean the 25K bonus is based on the additional 3X bonus since you would get 2X anyway for a DL ticket? Answer: No idea. Like I said, sometimes the T&C's are not always real clear.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:42 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Those seem to be over!!! Been waiting for one
Over for now. I seriously doubt they are over for good. Patience is a virtue. I am waiting too
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
... ... ...

However, note there is a 25K RDM limit....

Bonus miles for this offer are limited to 25,000 miles.

Does this mean 25K total, i.e., $5K spend? Or does it mean the 25K bonus is based on the additional 3X bonus since you would get 2X anyway for a DL ticket? Answer: No idea. Like I said, sometimes the T&C's are not always real clear.
I'm going to put my money on the more conservative limit of 25K bonus RDM... given they are marketing it as a "5X" promotion instead of a "3X bump"...

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. YMMV (in this case, literally!)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I got the invite today; I think it was targeted in that it went to customers who just recently booked a bunch of travel (like me)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by BergerPHL
I got the invite today; I think it was targeted in that it went to customers who just recently booked a bunch of travel (like me)
I don't think that's the case. At least... I do not fit that model.

I did book travel two nights ago but it was an award ticket. I have not booked a revenue ticket in a few weeks, but it's also about time I get started.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BergerPHL
Feeling your pain. Don't mean to sound cynical but that's exactly what I thought. Never received any targeted promo before and now they send me one just after I book nearly $5K with DL. Gotta love the timing.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: All of the Above
I got it too, but I book most all my flights with my PRG or Gold Biz Am Ex, not my DL Amex, because I get 3x points with them. So I wonder if they are targeting people who book flights with DL, have the DL Am Ex, but don't use it to book their flights.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I got it too, but I book most all my flights with my PRG or Gold Biz Am Ex, not my DL Amex, because I get 3x points with them. So I wonder if they are targeting people who book flights with DL, have the DL Am Ex, but don't use it to book their flights.
Good question but at least in my case, I do book most of my flts with the DL AmEx card so that isn't it. So far the only common denominator is recently booked DL travel just before this offer arrived. Sure hope DL will be at least decent enough to add a tube of Vaseline to my BE kit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.