Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Trip Extras: Your Choice of Priority Boarding, Mileage Booster, 24 Hour Wi-Fi Pass

Trip Extras: Your Choice of Priority Boarding, Mileage Booster, 24 Hour Wi-Fi Pass

Old Mar 13, 12, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver

Has anyone else ever seen this before? When I go to view an upcoming domestic itinerary, at the bottom below the seat selection box I now have a "Mileage Booster" box. I can purchase additional RDM for each segment at 1,000 miles for $29.00, 2,000 for $39.00, or 3,000 for $49.00. If it were MQM it would be a great deal IMO, but I can't see myself purchasing more RDM.

I don't see the Mileage Booster option when viewing my upcoming international itinerary.
Old Mar 13, 12, 6:40 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Its been around for a while
Old Mar 13, 12, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Must be the first time I've scrolled down far enough to see it. I tried searching and couldn't find any other topics on it so I assumed it was new.
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
On the delta home page, when you click on my trips, in the top right hand corner of the box it says 'award builder, earn up to 3000 additional miles.'
Old Mar 13, 12, 7:59 am
Original Poster

What I'm talking about is different than the Award Builder pay-for-miles thing. This is when you go to My Trips, select a domestic itinerary and press Details, and the scroll down to the bottom. It's called "Mileage Booster". It lets me purchase up to 3,000 miles per segment. Award Builder is capped at 3,000 per round trip and was much more expensive.
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:11 am

Sorry my bad, thought you were talking about award builder. Just looked it up, yep looks relatively new
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by realjd View Post
What I'm talking about is different than the Award Builder pay-for-miles thing. This is when you go to My Trips, select a domestic itinerary and press Details, and the scroll down to the bottom. It's called "Mileage Booster". It lets me purchase up to 3,000 miles per segment. Award Builder is capped at 3,000 per round trip and was much more expensive.
Yep, I see it on my itins too (domestic only) and it seems to be new. I don't know why they created a different program which seems to duplicate Award Builder, but with different rates. Award builder is 1000 miles for $28, 2000 miles for $56, and 3000 miles for $84 (although Award Builder allows you pre-purchase for multiple future flights).

As for wishing this was for MQM's, are you serious?? 3000 MQM's for $49? You might as well get rid of the Silver and Gold status levels if they did this as they would be completely worthless.
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
What interests me isn't so much the Mileage Booster, but the appearance of the entire section titled Trip Extras. One can only imagine additional offers will be loaded there, and I'm rather curious to know what they will be. I'm envisioning something along the lines of United's old Travel Options program...
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:45 am

Zone 1 Boarding Now For Sale

In the Trip Extras.

T&C:

Priority Boarding

Enjoy the advantages of early boarding. Board the plane in Zone 1 to secure the best overhead bins for your carry-on bag and settle in before takeoff.

All Priority Boarding transactions are final and will not be refunded.
Heres how it works:

1. Upon check-in, Zone 1 will be included on your printed and eBoarding pass.
2. Board the plane early when the gate agent calls for Zone 1 boarding.

Terms & Conditions:

1. Priority boarding is valid only for early boarding on the Delta or Delta Connection flight for which it was purchased.
2. The priority boarding zone will be printed on the customers boarding document during the check-in process on delta.com, at an airport kiosk, or with a Delta airport agent.
3. Passengers that fail to board in their paid priority zone, as printed on their boarding document, will not be eligible to receive a refund.
4. This purchase is non-refundable, non-transferable and no changes allowed.
5. This voucher cannot be sold or bartered, transferred, redeemed for cash or exchanged for any item other than priority boarding
6. Priority Boarding purchases are in U.S. dollars or for Canadian residents in Canadian dollars. This purchase is subject to a U.S. federal excise tax, currently seven and one-half percent (7.5%) and subject to change. An additional 5% GST and/or other applicable taxes apply to purchases by Canadian residents.
7. Delta Air Lines reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.
8. Questions or Comments regarding this voucher should be directed to delta.com/comments.
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold
I noticed this for the first time on my domestic itinerary yesterday. Strikes me as odd to find yet another way/place to add this and \duplicate something that seemingly already exists.

flying_kicks
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:50 am

And people said DL couldn't learn something from WN.
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:50 am

Zone 1 boarding was the old zone 2 boarding, for fo and Amex cardholders. Also, if you buy a preferred seat you get zone 1 boarding.
Gm and up board zone sky, so it really wont make a difference to medallions
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
What interests me isn't so much the Mileage Booster, but the appearance of the entire section titled Trip Extras. One can only imagine additional offers will be loaded there, and I'm rather curious to know what they will be. I'm envisioning something along the lines of United's old Travel Options program...
And I guess we have our answer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-now-sale.html
Old Mar 13, 12, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold (2020)
Originally Posted by mendel k View Post
Since when? I'm GM, last flew mid-Feb and was Zone 1.....
Old Mar 13, 12, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mendel k View Post
Zone 1 boarding was the old zone 2 boarding, for fo and Amex cardholders. Also, if you buy a preferred seat you get zone 1 boarding.
Well, except for Silver Medallions who will now be competing with both Amex card holders and regular Joes buying Zone 1 boarding.

Search this Thread