Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do first class folks get skyclub access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do first class folks get skyclub access?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Croptop
I can't specifically address the the route you're referring to but I can state with certainty that when I flew DL on a P fare from YYZ-ATL-FLL and FLL-ATL-YYZ back in January, I most definitely had SkyClub access.
I did FLL-ATL-YYZ in F in August and even though I have an Amex Platinum, wanted to test if I'd get SC access in ATL using the ticket alone and it was no problem at all. Was only a one way ticket but obviously the return would be no different.

Wouldn't shock me if the agent on the phone either got confused by the idea of an "international" regional jet or if the agent on the phone has no idea Canada is another country all together. Could honestly be both.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by santastico
Tks for your help. She was really focusing on the fact this flight did not offer a Delta One cabin. I will ask him to try tomorrow and will get back here to share his experience.
It's a misinformed agent who should know better.

However, also understand that phone agents probably handle more calls from people who are denied access to a SC than from people checking in advance if they will have access. For every one call like yours regarding a transborder flight, that agent has likely gotten 10 from people who are upset they didn't have access when paying for FC from SFO-LAS. (And maybe 500 from people changing flights, or stuck in IRROPS, etc.)
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by santastico
I called the DM line and was on hold for 5 minutes while they got me an answer. She was very clear that only flights showing Delta One are eligible. MSP to anywhere in Canada use regional jets and it shows First class on the ticket and not Delta One. That was the answer I was given that flights to Canada on paid first class don't qualify for SkyClub access.
Typical agent roulette. Canada and Mexico First Class get access. Only US domestic and Caribbean FC don't.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kind of shocked DL allows club access on Canada first class; AA doesn't and I don't believe UA does either.

Helps explain the absurdly crowded state of the SkyClubs.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Kind of shocked DL allows club access on Canada first class; AA doesn't and I don't believe UA does either.

It is easy: There are no Delta Skyclub or partner lounges in any of the DL US departure airport's transborder area in Canada which is a segregated US CBP cleared PAX only area. The increment cost to the SC system is minimal on the US side.

UA being *A with AC will need to pay AC for the pax to use the Maple Leaf Lounge. There is an Admiral Club at YYZ US transborder departure area
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon

From UA's website, they allow access on all intl itins in F/J cabin including Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean (DL does not allow it for the Caribbean).
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tentseller
It is easy: There are no Delta Skyclub or partner lounges in any of the DL US departure airport's transborder area in Canada which is a segregated US CBP cleared PAX only area. The increment cost to the SC system is minimal on the US side.

UA being *A with AC will need to pay AC for the pax to use the Maple Leaf Lounge. There is an Admiral Club at YYZ US transborder departure area
Also a Plaza Premium lounge at YYZ T3 transborder now.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Also a Plaza Premium lounge at YYZ T3 transborder now.
There was talk about using this for F pax flying intl itinerary.
I will report any development.

Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
Just checked my booking YYZ-ATL-SRQ paid First (P). It has SkyPriority on it with links to Sky Club lounges in YYZ (no access) and ATL (access).
CarmenOM likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:48 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
There's no Sky Club in YYZ. If there were, you would be entitled to access.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Reading the current policies over on DL's site:

When traveling on Delta:
- Customers traveling on a domestic Delta One flight
- Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or on a domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta One flight*
I see no mention of Premium cabin anymore, so does this mean P/F fares don't get SkyClub access anymore? I'm flying to the Caribbean and I know this is specifically excluded, but for future reference I'd like to know if Canada and Mexico are still included.
jerry a. laska and jbb like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by motoridersd
Reading the current policies over on DL's site:

I see no mention of Premium cabin anymore, so does this mean P/F fares don't get SkyClub access anymore? I'm flying to the Caribbean and I know this is specifically excluded, but for future reference I'd like to know if Canada and Mexico are still included.
Fare class has never meant anything. Yes Canada and Mexico still count.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:15 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Was frustrated today when I was not allowed entry to MSP skyclub on a YEG (Edmonton) - MSP - EWR routing in paid first class. Lounge agent said Canada was not international and two other agents beside her concurred. Was baffled by this as last year on the same routing we had Skyclub access. But when I checked the Skyclub access rules as someone posted above it seemed to be only Skyteam partner premiu flights or delta One. I tried to tweet Delta to get a real-time response but they didn’t reply. The rules must have changed as I’ve taken several flights with Delta to/from Canada in paid first in the last few years and this was the first time I was denied access.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jbb
Was frustrated today when I was not allowed entry to MSP skyclub on a YEG (Edmonton) - MSP - EWR routing in paid first class. Lounge agent said Canada was not international and two other agents beside her concurred. Was baffled by this as last year on the same routing we had Skyclub access. But when I checked the Skyclub access rules as someone posted above it seemed to be only Skyteam partner premiu flights or delta One. I tried to tweet Delta to get a real-time response but they didn’t reply. The rules must have changed as I’ve taken several flights with Delta to/from Canada in paid first in the last few years and this was the first time I was denied access.
Already replied in the new thread you created on this topic.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:02 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Since the other thread was closed due to it being a duplicate post I will continue here. I tweeted at Delta and they confirmed that Canadian flights do not get access as only DeltaOne flights on international routings are supposed to get access. Since Delta does not fly deltaOne to Canada I guess that means they’ve cut off Canadian routings from SkyClub access. I’ve submitted an online complaint as a last effort, but between the lounge agent denying access, the wording of the Skyclub entry rules and The Delta twitter account, it seems clear that Canada doesn’t get access. We definitely used to as I’ve been in those Sky Clubs before!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.