Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Late JFK-LHR Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Late JFK-LHR Flight

For years we've been taking the late (DL 148 around 11:00 p.m.) flight from JFK to Heathrow (it was almost always full -- in fact the last time we went we got an op up). Now it seems the flight has been eliminated. Due to business commitments we can never leave earlier so we might have to switch our loyalty to another carrier.

Does anyone know if the flight might be resumed?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Probably depends on slot availability at LHR. I would guess that the move of DL1 from a roughly 2300 departure to an earlier time came about as part of the rejiggering of DL slots at LHR after MIA-LHR was scrubbed and ATL-LHR went to 18 weekly. I suppose if DL sees total loads on JFK-LHR drop because of lacking a post 2100 departure, they might see if they can get something for later arrival into LHR, perhaps by swapping with a JV partner flight from AMS/CDG/FCO/LIN.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
BA182 operated on a 744 leaves JFK at 2255

Might be worth a look

cs
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
We were booked on DL1 JFK LHR 2245 1105+1 that has changed to an earlier flight. JFK LHR now departs 1900 1945 and 2115. I find the later departure less tiring upon arrival in UK without preflight body clock programming.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks. When I was AA Plat we took AA106 around 23:10. The other alternatives are convenient but I have been loyal to DL (and they have been good to us with op ups). Maybe the situation will change in few months.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:53 am

There's also the option of a late flight to CDG and then connecting onward to LHR. (Not that I really want to encourage anyone to connect through CDG.)
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Yup; that AF flight is great (get on and go to sleep). But you're right about connecting at CDG justto get to LHR (seems almost counter-intuitive).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
OP, it could be due the summer season coming. Schedules adjust accordingly. For example. I know in the winter IAD-AMS is a 19:00 departure but next month it goes back to 17:55.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tentseller
JFK LHR now departs 1900 1945 and 2115. I find the later departure less tiring upon arrival in UK without preflight body clock programming.
I just don't see the utility of having that many flights bunched that closely together, other than to brag about "frequency."

I would much rather have an early flight, mid-evening (9p) flight, and late flight. And in my ideal world there would be a morning flight as well.

If you're going to operate at 1900 and 1945, for goodness sakes, just do one flight with a larger plane.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I just don't see the utility of having that many flights bunched that closely together, other than to brag about "frequency."

I would much rather have an early flight, mid-evening (9p) flight, and late flight. And in my ideal world there would be a morning flight as well.

If you're going to operate at 1900 and 1945, for goodness sakes, just do one flight with a larger plane.
It likely is due to the significant slot restrictions at LHR. DL may also be adjusting schedules based on the revised frequencies to/from ATL next month or with AF/KL and the joint venture.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
When they have enough 744s converted, maybe they will. Then people can complain that a 747 has 32 fewer Business Elite seats than 2x764.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by tentseller
We were booked on DL1 JFK LHR 2245 1105+1 that has changed to an earlier flight. JFK LHR now departs 1900 1945 and 2115. I find the later departure less tiring upon arrival in UK without preflight body clock programming.
we are on the DL1 times as above on april 7, has it been moved
Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by drspear
we are on the DL1 times as above on april 7, has it been moved
No, schedule change seems to be effective from 18 April.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by spinmeister
For years we've been taking the late (DL 148 around 11:00 p.m.) flight from JFK to Heathrow (it was almost always full -- in fact the last time we went we got an op up).
I was on that late flight in February - only 30 something passengers on the entire plane...very odd for a LHR flight.

Luckily, my BE seat felt like a suite!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by jpmardini
I was on that late flight in February - only 30 something passengers on the entire plane...very odd for a LHR flight.

Luckily, my BE seat felt like a suite!
This is why I like flying in the middle if winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.