Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What's this called and is it permitted?

What's this called and is it permitted?

Old Mar 5, 12, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta, United, AA, Jet Blue .... Whichever is Cheapest
Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post
...... misrepresenting your intended itinerary .........
Seems clear to me ..... are you or are you not misrepresenting your itinerary?

The answer seems to be YES.
Old Mar 5, 12, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Couple thoughts

Its probably not allowed as a nested ticket, but all that matters is the chance of getting caught and the punishment. Both are extremely low.

You can use an award ticket without penalty. They explicitly permit nesting, back-to-back and other ticketing practices forbidden on revenue tickets.

Aug and Sept are very far away. If your plans change and you need to cancel one of your trips, you will end up wasting 2x the money by nesting your tickets.
Old Mar 5, 12, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz PC
If you are going to fly revenue tix, can you just book all OW travel? That is what I do on SEA-JFK, and it usually prices out the same as RT.

For award travel, I can understand this booking procedure. You could argue that it is not fair for DL to "keep you hostage" in LAX while completing the first RT that you purchased. From an objective perspective, you should not be prohibited from returning to JFK while in LAX, but fares don't always have to be fair.
Old Mar 6, 12, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Nested is legal. Back to back is not.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: