Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Plat 2011 Benefits Website Non Responsive

Plat 2011 Benefits Website Non Responsive

Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Angry Plat 2011 Benefits Website Non Responsive

So today is the last day to select your 2011 Platinum benefits(swu's etc.) The website has been totally non responsive. A call to the Plat desk says "sorry, sol". Apparently the only way to select your SWU's is on line..on a non responsive website...that goes dead by midnite
Anyone else having this issue or found a work around?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
If the website is dead, I'd call the PM line back and keep trying until you get an agent who can help you out. It's amazing the variation in answers you get when you are persistent in seeking out the answer with DL that you want. If that fails, ask for a supervisor!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
It's working for me.

Additionally, I noticed the following fine print I never remember seeing before:
Members who are awarded Diamond or Platinum Medallion status must fly a minimum of 14 or 8 Delta-marketed and -operated flights segments after status is awarded to be eligible for Choice Benefits, respectively.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
OK, got a supe who connected me to the IT guys.Gave me a different URL which worked. Problem resolved. First rep said "nothing we can do".
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL (suckered me into) Diamond, ICH Plat RA, SPG Plat
Worked for me. Thanks for the reminder! totally forgot.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
deleted
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
It's working for me.

Additionally, I noticed the following fine print I never remember seeing before:
Wow, I just selected my 2011 benefits a couple days ago but don't remember seeing that before. Obviously not a real concern but thanks for the heads up.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Picked mine today. No issues, other than anguish over choice.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by javabytes
It's working for me.

Members who are awarded Diamond or Platinum Medallion status must fly a minimum of 14 or 8 Delta-marketed and -operated flights segments after status is awarded to be eligible for Choice Benefits, respectively.
Wow, now that's a big one. That's a big devaluation in the PM & DM program for 2012 right here.

I am sure that there are many PMs and DMs who fly less than that number of DL operated flights per year, as they travel on other SkyTeam airlines and not DL whenever possible. DL here seems to be going the way of UA on this. I feared that it was coming, and, I fear, the worst is yet to come, this is just the tip of the iceberg of 2012 devaluations to the Medallion program to come...

It also doesn't say is it revenue flights only, or do award flights count as well.

Expect a lot more nasty surprises like this in 2012, I'm affraid.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Wow, now that's a big one. That's a big devaluation in the PM & DM program for 2012 right here.

I am sure that there are many PMs and DMs who fly less than that number of DL operated flights per year, as they travel on other SkyTeam airlines and not DL whenever possible. DL here seems to be going the way of UA on this. I feared that it was coming, and, I fear, the worst is yet to come, this is just the tip of the iceberg of 2012 devaluations to the Medallion program to come...

It also doesn't say is it revenue flights only, or do award flights count as well.

That does suck, I am currently an American Express medallion (Silver Medallion) hoping to make platinum this year, but that is definitely not a bonus to making platinum
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
its fine 4 me baby!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 6:40 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated

I'm sure "it was a tough decision, but it was the right decision..."

Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by james318
I'm sure "it was a tough decision, but it was the right decision..."

That's a beaut!

I was afraid of a Delta IT fail, or a DiverDave memory fail, so I picked my choices yesterday.

And let's read the entire text of the notice:

Choice Benefits are effective immediately for members earning Diamond or Platinum Medallion status. Members who are awarded Diamond or Platinum Medallion status must fly a minimum of 14 or 8 Delta-marketed and -operated flights segments after status is awarded to be eligible for Choice Benefits, respectively.

David
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by DiverDave
That's a beaut!

I was afraid of a Delta IT fail, or a DiverDave memory fail, so I picked my choices yesterday.

And let's read the entire text of the notice:

Choice Benefits are effective immediately for members earning Diamond or Platinum Medallion status. Members who are awarded Diamond or Platinum Medallion status must fly a minimum of 14 or 8 Delta-marketed and -operated flights segments after status is awarded to be eligible for Choice Benefits, respectively.

David
Now we just need to have "earning" and "awarded" defined here.

I wouldn't be surprised if after one "earns" it one is "awarded" it - i.e. one "earns the award."

So really: "earning" it = (results in) being "awarded" it
... I think.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Now we just need to have "earning" and "awarded" defined here.

I wouldn't be surprised if after one "earns" it one is "awarded" it - i.e. one "earns the award."

So really: "earning" it = (results in) being "awarded" it
... I think.
If I had to guess, you are allowed to pick the benefit once you become DM/PM, but you do not actually get the cert until you fly the number of flights specified. If you don't, bye bye benefit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.