Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Here's an Un-DYKWIA story just in case you need a break from all the drama:

Yesterday I was waiting to board an ATL-PNS flight (in Group 2; we were waiting for Group 1 to go through and clear out the jetway a bit) when an older gentleman came up stood in the empty SKY lane. When the GA called for Group 2, he sidled over to the line next to me and asked what group was boarding. I told him it was Group 2, and he said "Well, if they won't let me board, the worst thing they can do is kick me out of line."

I asked him what group he was in and got a look at his boarding pass: Seat 1C, PREM (!). I told him I didn't think they would kick him out of line.
MSPeconomist, TetonSig and hi55us like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa
Here's an Un-DYKWIA story just in case you need a break from all the drama:

Yesterday I was waiting to board an ATL-PNS flight (in Group 2; we were waiting for Group 1 to go through and clear out the jetway a bit) when an older gentleman came up stood in the empty SKY lane. When the GA called for Group 2, he sidled over to the line next to me and asked what group was boarding. I told him it was Group 2, and he said "Well, if they won't let me board, the worst thing they can do is kick me out of line."

I asked him what group he was in and got a look at his boarding pass: Seat 1C, PREM (!). I told him I didn't think they would kick him out of line.
He didn't know who he was!
Old May 17, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I also think for non-revs now the employee must also be traveling in order for buddy passes/other immediate family members to sit in FC/D1. I bet that this change came as a result of this incident.
Other family members still get D1 without the employee, only Buddy Passes are restricted if they aren't flying with the employee or someone else on the employee's pass list.
Old May 28, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
DYKWIA at SkyPriorty Check-in at DTW today while I was checking a bag. This lady walks up the exit lane and just stands there. Agent who was assisting me then asks her what she’s doing there. Lady says she’s Platinum, Business Class. Agent says “the line is over there. You’re in the exit line”. Lady insists she is in the right spot and was told to go there, despite a line of a few people where the line should be (is). Lady refuses to move or go to the correct line. Even says “well those people came in after me so I’ll just wit here and then go to the next agent”. When that didn’t work out after a couple minutes the lady walked off and I thought she was heading into the correct spot for line but then a minute or two later when I finished up and and left, she speedwalked back up the exit line right to the agent who had just assisted me (and cutoff a couple who walking up to the agent from the correct line).
Old May 28, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
DYKWIA at SkyPriorty Check-in at DTW today while I was checking a bag. This lady walks up the exit lane and just stands there. Agent who was assisting me then asks her what she’s doing there. Lady says she’s Platinum, Business Class. Agent says “the line is over there. You’re in the exit line”. Lady insists she is in the right spot and was told to go there, despite a line of a few people where the line should be (is). Lady refuses to move or go to the correct line. Even says “well those people came in after me so I’ll just wit here and then go to the next agent”. When that didn’t work out after a couple minutes the lady walked off and I thought she was heading into the correct spot for line but then a minute or two later when I finished up and and left, she speedwalked back up the exit line right to the agent who had just assisted me (and cutoff a couple who walking up to the agent from the correct line).
A Diamond in business class should have shoved her out of the way.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
It's not like the TA staff changed in that time so they knew it was the same passenger trying to cut. In this situation I don't understand why TAs/GAs don't enforce common courtesy.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by Grogs
He didn't know who he was!
That'd be a good idea for a new thread -- The Definitive Thread of IDKWIA stories. Unfortunately, I think it would be considerably shorter than this one.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by tvtd
It's not like the TA staff changed in that time so they knew it was the same passenger trying to cut. In this situation I don't understand why TAs/GAs don't enforce common courtesy.
I totally agree with you but I bet it comes down to "how many confrontations (right or wrong) do you want to have in a day?"

Its most likely easier to just take her question then run the risk of her making a scene, asking for a supervisor, etc. Is it right? No. But it happens.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:35 pm

Waiting to board zero empty seats but and there were four seats by the gate that had signs that said Special seating. I assumed they were reserved for people with disabilities but not what the sign taped on said. All four seats were empty. Guy with a 360 tag comes with a female companion that he is clearly out to impress and tells her these seats are for us 360 guys. He then proceeds to tell her how important 360s are to delta and how much special treatment they get. They board she asks why their seats aren’t in first class if they are special.... missed the answer since I was in first not because I am special but because I bought a ticket
Old May 30, 2018, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tennessetom
... They board she asks why their seats aren’t in first class if they are special....
Hahahahaha
davetravels and thunderlounge like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
To the guy who tried to poach my FC A seat on SNA-SEA a couple weeks ago, I know your game. Trying to play it off as you read your seat letter wrong. >: (

Last edited by hiima; May 30, 2018 at 6:14 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I didn't know where to put this. . . .

Currently on an E170 LGA/ORD. I'm in 3A. Just walked forward toward the lav, I noticed that 2A has his drink glass on the floor. I said to him extremely nicely...

It's none of my business, and, I hate to be nosey, but, there'za tiny tray that pops out in the arm of the seat, in case you didn't know about it. He said...I know about it! <just the tiniest bit snooty>. I said....Sorry, it's so small, many people don't know about it. I mentioned that I almost kicked it. The glass is still on the floor.

Was I being a DYKWIA???
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:08 pm

No Dave. You were just trying to be helpful.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
I didn't know where to put this. . . .

Currently on an E170 LGA/ORD. I'm in 3A. Just walked forward toward the lav, I noticed that 2A has his drink glass on the floor. I said to him extremely nicely...

It's none of my business, and, I hate to be nosey, but, there'za tiny tray that pops out in the arm of the seat, in case you didn't know about it. He said...I know about it! <just the tiniest bit snooty>. I said....Sorry, it's so small, many people don't know about it. I mentioned that I almost kicked it. The glass is still on the floor.

Was I being a DYKWIA???
If it were anyone else, I would say yes. but since it's you, I would say yes.
strickerj and Cotumely like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:41 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
If it were anyone else, I would say yes. but since it's you, I would say yes.
Well, I'm glad UKWIA!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.