Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The OP should've asked for the GA.
The problem I see with this, is that, the OP would be cooped up in a metal tube with a potentially bitter FA for the whole trip.

Originally Posted by sig05
My concern was getting to my destination on time, so an accepted 5-6 hour delay was unacceptable since this decision was somewhat in my control.
But, BUT, BUT, in the FlyerTalk universe, you would've been an absolute HERO if you stuck to yer guns, and watied out the 6 hours and took the next flight!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
being {self edited: deleted}
^ ^
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:40 am

As life goes on, one learns to pick one's battles.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DCA was epic today.

More to come...
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by WWads
DCA was epic today.

More to come...

Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
DCA was epic today.

More to come...
DCA and PBI/FLL are my favorites... Looking forward to this
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Started at B TSA. Several people were giving the Clear agents a hard time, to the point that I cut under the rope and went to the normal PreCheck lane.

Next, two passengers made it seem like they were cutting over to PreCheck while holding regular BPs. Father/son combo, dad was pissed that he had to show the BPs again, and balked at having to retrieve them from his bag. Stated that an AS MVP Gold shouldn't have to contend with this sort of treatment.

Finally, once onboard a passenger came up from C+ while at the gate and demanded that the FA serve PDBs to him and his friend. FA told him to take his seat.

It was a shitshow at DCA today. Bathrooms were packed, the SC was packed, the KCM lane was closed so you had a bunch of (rightfully) pissed crews backing up the security line. I've truly never seen it this bad. Not sure what the deal was today, especially since both chambers were out. They really should have done the SC renovations during a dead month (close it during all of August or something).

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Apr 20, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It was a shitshow at DCA today.
Heavens to B-B-B-B-Betsy!!!

the KCM lane was closed
Kettle Class Monetization?!?!?

MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Started at B TSA. Several people were giving the Clear agents a hard time, to the point that I cut under the rope and went to the normal PreCheck lane.

Next, two passengers made it seem like they were cutting over to PreCheck while holding regular BPs. Father/son combo, dad was pissed that he had to show the BPs again, and balked at having to retrieve them from his bag. Stated that an AS MVP Gold shouldn't have to contend with this sort of treatment.

Finally, once onboard a passenger came up from C+ while at the gate and demanded that the FA serve PDBs to him and his friend. FA told him to take his seat.

It was a shitshow at DCA today. Bathrooms were packed, the SC was packed, the KCM lane was closed so you had a bunch of (rightfully) pissed crews backing up the security line. I've truly never seen it this bad. Not sure what the deal was today, especially since both chambers were out. They really should have done the SC renovations during a dead month (close it during all of August or something).
DCA has became bad ever since they started all of the construction on the SC and it got even worse when the work started on the new Security Checkpoint. Thank God I don’t have any DCA runs anytime soon. Hopefully the new checkpoints will be worth all of the roadway headaches that we are experiencing into DCA.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P

Nothing about this sounds that terrible.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Curious, how were they giving the Clear agents a hard time? I'm a very frequent Clear user and the reps there are always without fault super nice and it never takes more than a couple seconds to fingerprint/bp-scan...I'm just baffled at how one could have a hard time in that process, were they not Clear members and wanted to use the lane anyways?
Originally Posted by davetravels

Kettle Class Monetization?!?!?
Known Crew Member, think super pre-check for vetted flight crew where they typically skip screening...though they might be randomly screened so best not to use to it transport 60 pounds of blow
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
Known Crew Member, think super pre-check for vetted flight crew where they typically skip screening...though they might be randomly screened so best not to use to it transport 60 pounds of blow
Yes, I'm familiar with the term KCM, hence the "". I hava good friend who's a DL FA out of SLC - - and, as a single guy, always travels with certain "unmentionables". . . . NOT drugs!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
@sig05 I'd have done the same thing and also wouldn't have thrown a hissy fit on board once I realized the FA was digging in - no way she was going to back down so you'd have been tilting at windmills. However, she was very very wrong and I hope DL compensates you and berates and retrains her.
======
They're not going to "berate or retrain" the flight attendant. They'll probably give her a medal for avoiding a politically incorrect situation, translates = will avoid the COS lawsuit.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
======
They're not going to "berate or retrain" the flight attendant. They'll probably give her a medal for avoiding a politically incorrect situation, translates = will avoid the COS lawsuit.
While I agree the likelihood of any action is not great, avoiding a lawsuit??? For what exactly?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
DCA has became bad ever since they started all of the construction on the SC and it got even worse when the work started on the new Security Checkpoint. Thank God I don’t have any DCA runs anytime soon. Hopefully the new checkpoints will be worth all of the roadway headaches that we are experiencing into DCA.
I have a choice of hotel shuttles for my 0700 flight tomorrow morning — 0530 or 0600

yes I have TSA Pre, yes I only have carry-on, yes I’m in F ... yes I’m going to try for the 0530, and I’ll make the 15-min walk if I don’t get downstairs in time
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jrl767

I have a choice of hotel shuttles for my 0700 flight tomorrow morning — 0530 or 0600

yes I have TSA Pre, yes I only have carry-on, yes I’m in F ... yes I’m going to try for the 0530, and I’ll make the 15-min walk if I don’t get downstairs in time
Most of the time when I stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, I don't even use the shuttle as it often takes 15-20 mins with construction and stops at other hotels to reach Terminal B and just use the Metro (not an option for you due to the time of day)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.