Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Howste
If they're going to lecture you on it they should at least spell wagyu correctly.
They did, look at the image.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sig05
Maybe not the true DYKWIA definition, but close.

A woman in 1D is offered the dinner selection and chooses beef tenderloin. She asks what kind of beef tenderloin. The FA looks bewildered, so she clarifies if this is Prime or Choice beef. Then she asks about the salad and what kind of lettuce is used. The FA looks even more confused, so she specifies iceberg, bibb, red leaf, etc. FA says, "M'am, it's a salad."

Was it an extraordinarily attractive, recently showered, 48-year-old woman? And did the FAs double over with laughter and say "prime beef?!?!!" "What kind of lettuce?" "Where do you think you are? Emirates???????"
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
They did, look at the image.
op misspelled in his post
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
op misspelled in his post
I know. You said "if they're going to lecture you on it they should at least spell wagyu correctly."

"They" (e.g. the restaurant) did spell it correctly.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I know that the pokee did talk to the police since he said he did. I suspect that he didn't want to miss the flight and ultimately didn't want to pursue a case, but the police wanted to talk to Poker, and Delta decided that they didn't want Poker on the plane.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by puck021
The annoying guy says that he needs to get to LA for an important deal, and they ignore him and walk him off the flight.
If the deal were that important, he'd be on one of the JFK-LAX nonstops, not connecting through MSP.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by puck021
I know that the pokee did talk to the police since he said he did. I suspect that he didn't want to miss the flight and ultimately didn't want to pursue a case, but the police wanted to talk to Poker, and Delta decided that they didn't want Poker on the plane.
"Now there is Mr. Joker, one of our clowns," continued the china lady, "who is always trying to stand upon his head. He has broken himself so often that he is mended in a hundred places, and doesn't look at all pretty. Here he comes now, so you can see for yourself."

Indeed, a jolly little clown came walking toward them, and Dorothy could see that in spite of his pretty clothes of red and yellow and green he was completely covered with cracks, running every which way and showing plainly that he had been mended in many places.

The Clown put his hands in his pockets, and after puffing out his cheeks and nodding his head at them saucily, he said:

"My lady fair,
Why do you stare
At poor old Mr. Joker?
You're quite as stiff
And prim as if
You'd eaten up a Poker!"

"Be quiet, sir!" said the Princess. "Can't you see these are strangers, and should be treated with respect?"

"Well, that's respect, I expect," declared the Clown, and immediately stood upon his head.

"Don't mind Mr. Joker," said the Princess to Dorothy. "He is considerably cracked in his head, and that makes him foolish."
--L. Frank Baum, "The Wizard of Oz"
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I know. You said "if they're going to lecture you on it they should at least spell wagyu correctly."

"They" (e.g. the restaurant) did spell it correctly.
In my defense, the image was blocked where I was posting from. And, of course, it was intended as a joke as indicated by the .
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by ross123
Completely off subject but went to a very high end Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas and one of the courses was a Waygu beef. We had a small lesson on the cow, its name, lineage, farm, and noseprint. Always reminded me of HGTTG.

Yui?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
In my defense, the image was blocked where I was posting from. And, of course, it was intended as a joke as indicated by the .
so there’s clearly no need to beef about it any more
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jrl767
so there’s clearly no need to beef about it any more
Yes, we should all gu on our way.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Yes, we should all gu on our way.
aargh, enough with the bad puns - I thought I'd taken a wrong turn and ended up in the quagmire known as the BA forum
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:11 am

Is it Reverse-DYKWIA if you board in the 1st cabin and you get a whole bunch of "who are you?" stares from everyone else?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by fusionblue
Is it Reverse-DYKWIA if you board in the 1st cabin and you get a whole bunch of "who are you?" stares from everyone else?
Are you wearing a ripped tshirt, shorts and flip flops? LOL
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
[SIZE="3"]

--L. Frank Baum, "The Wizard of Oz"
LOL. Nicely done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.