Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
Shaggy?
You called it.

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
the 8
Wait what? they have a lounge in Bristol? Lived there in the 80s and the airport was a shed on a runway!
We still don't have a jetway, but there's a choice of two lounges: "Aspire" (popular with the bucket and spade crowd, and allows kids) and "AspirePlus" which is generally used by status PAX.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dovster
This was not true 15 years ago, when Biz Elite was a 2-2-2 configuration.
A few rows of the PMNW 747s were 2-3-2.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Phenomenal DYKWIA story from the AA Forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...r-alcohol.html
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Phenomenal DYKWIA story from the AA Forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...r-alcohol.html
Yep. I think it's time for us to get our own DYKWIA thread. It's contagious
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:47 pm

Ann Coulter had to switch seats on a Delta flight. Then came the tirade.

All this for being moved from an exit row aisle to an exit row window. Perhaps daylight is too much for her.

And... news flash... Delta's wifi is always "fritzy".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ame-the-tirade
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jessesgirl
All this for being moved from an exit row aisle to an exit row window. Perhaps daylight is too much for her.

And... news flash... Delta's wifi is always "fritzy".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ame-the-tirade
This has its own thread, now locked, but still on the first page of the forum:

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:55 pm

Thanks! Sorry - didn't mean to double post. Was on mobile so I just searched for the DYKWIA thread. Mods - pls delete if needed.

Originally Posted by Zorak
This has its own thread, now locked, but still on the first page of the forum:

Ann Coulter's seat involuntary changed; posts angry Delta rant on twitter
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Upon landing, you had unbuckled your seat belt and scooched out of your seat well before the infamous ding..... .....
I dont know if I posted this when it happened but in March, we flew ATL>LAX and plane landed and was taxiing (is that the correct spelling?) and a guy stood up, got his overhead bag and was standing at the exit doors while the plane was still making its way to the gate.

Numerous announcements were made by FA and pilot to sit down but he ignored it so the pilot came to a complete stop and announce we where going to stay there until he either sat down or police are ready to board.

Pax started yelling at him to sit down, which he finally did.

We were one of the first out so dont know what happened after that.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Osmo
I dont know if I posted this when it happened but in March, we flew ATL>LAX and plane landed and was taxiing (is that the correct spelling?) and a guy stood up, got his overhead bag and was standing at the exit doors while the plane was still making its way to the gate.

Numerous announcements were made by FA and pilot to sit down but he ignored it so the pilot came to a complete stop and announce we where going to stay there until he either sat down or police are ready to board.

The actual safety reason that you have to stay seated and buckled is because the plane can cone to a very abrupt stop without warning. I learned this the hard way while sitting in a bulkhead seat and was undoing my seat belt mid taxi, I ended up eating the bulkhead when a baggage cart apparently went in front the plane. Ended up with a sore nose and nobody to blame.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Osmo

We had something similar on a recent ATL-JFK flight happen three times with three different pax.

- Coming in to land, FAs are in Jump seats, someone stands up and grabs their coat. FA made an annoucement.

- Taxing. Someone else stands up (couldnt see). FA makes a second announcement.

- Still Taxing. Another person stands up and grabs their coat. FA makes a third announcement.

... people.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Comarm
We had something similar on a recent ATL-JFK flight happen three times with three different pax.

- Coming in to land, FAs are in Jump seats, someone stands up and grabs their coat. FA made an annoucement.

- Taxing. Someone else stands up (couldnt see). FA makes a second announcement.

- Still Taxing. Another person stands up and grabs their coat. FA makes a third announcement.

... people.
Once took an easyjet flight from Geneva to Rome, to catch a FCO-ATL-MIA flight. As the plane was reaching to the gate, most of the passengers were standing. I couldn't believe my eyes at the horror. The FAs did not make any announcement and by the time the plane had come to a full stop, I was the only person still sitting!!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:28 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Once took an easyjet flight from Geneva to Rome, to catch a FCO-ATL-MIA flight. As the plane was reaching to the gate, most of the passengers were standing. I couldn't believe my eyes at the horror. The FAs did not make any announcement and by the time the plane had come to a full stop, I was the only person still sitting!!
I can explain this . . . . It must be an Italian thing . . . .

I once flew AMS/FCO on KLM. It was the rowdiest flight I was EVER on!

There was a bunch of college guyz on board. They were running up and down the aisles the entire flight, kinda sorta pretending to help the FAs, INCLUDING wearing the KLM uniform scarves over their heads like babushkas, helping the FAs clean up after their service, etc. The FAs seemed to deal with it, and not try to stop them! I've never seen anything like it!

Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by davetravels
I can explain this . . . . It must be an Italian thing ...
Not just Italian. There's the old joke about a flight (let's say it was DL 468 for this forum) that just landed at TLV in April. Taxiing to the gate, the pilot says over the intercom "To those sitting down: Happy Easter. To those standing in the aisle: Happy Passover."
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Flying intra-china mostly on MU, I cannot recall a single flight where most passengers didn't stand up during taxi. But pilots were busy smoking one last cigarette before arriving to the gate, so they didn't worry about it.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I was on a flight a few years ago which had a several middle-aged Japanese passengers who didn't appear to speak English seated a few rows ahead of me. There were no announcements in Japanese.

Upon landing, the plane came to a halt well before the gate. The pilot requested in English that everyone stay seated. As I feared, the Japanese folks rose en masse. So I called out in Japanese asking them to remain seated. Some of them started to sit down but looked back in bewilderment -- I really don't look like the typical Japanese speaker. Then a flight attendant arrived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.