Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Excellent ending to the story.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Excellent ending to the story.
Better would be perp removed from flight until he paid for the broken equipment.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
Better would be perp removed from flight until he paid for the broken equipment.
Not necessary removed from the flight but Delta should make him pay for the damaged equipment. This is wilful destruction of private property and also going against the FA's instruction.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
CRJ flight ATL/LEX yesterday.
I board, put my small bag in the overhead, and take my aisle seat in F. Gentleman comes in with roll aboard. Several people told him, inc FA that the bag would not fit. He insisted it would and proceeded to shove it in the OH with my bag and tried to slam the door. Door broke. Flight delayed while maintenance came in and took the door off. Not sure where roll aboard went, but my small bag had to go back to the middle of the plane.
Perp then tried to shrink into his seat.

I will add that when we landed in LEX FA held off deplaning until my bag was passed up. I guess she "knew who I am." j/k
Good FA, but is this a 360 benefit? "Even if your bag is way back in coach, you will be the first to deplane."
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good FA, but is this a 360 benefit? "Even if your bag is way back in coach, you will be the first to deplane."
I presume it's an unspoken/undocumented benefit.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
CRJ flight ATL/LEX yesterday.
I board, put my small bag in the overhead, and take my aisle seat in F. Gentleman comes in with roll aboard. Several people told him, inc FA that the bag would not fit. He insisted it would and proceeded to shove it in the OH with my bag and tried to slam the door. Door broke. Flight delayed while maintenance came in and took the door off. Not sure where roll aboard went, but my small bag had to go back to the middle of the plane.
Perp then tried to shrink into his seat.
This would piss me off big time.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by mridley2
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??

CAN YOU TAKE THIS BANAL CONVERSATION ELSEWHERE??

Aside: I saw new posts to this thread and got excited but it was just pointless drivel. Move it along, please.
Umm. Maybe WE should ALL take that advice?
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA, United, Iberia, US Airways
XY or XX: proportional representation of DYKWIAs?

just wonderin'...what proportion of DYKWIAs are male compared to female? And do you notice a difference in behavior by gender in premier cabins? this is a straight-up, genuine curiosity question here.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by drsh99
just wonderin'...what proportion of DYKWIAs are male compared to female? And do you notice a difference in behavior by gender in premier cabins? this is a straight-up, genuine curiosity question here.
I suspect the male to female DYKWIA ratio mirrors the male to female overall passenger ratio. Their victims, OTOH, may be disproportionately female.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:29 pm

I am flying out on one of the first flights out of lga following the this weeks snow storm - flight is a little late and completely booked with people trying to make connections - i am in first and there are these two woman irate that the flight is late (as opposed to being happy they were getting out) Plane is boarding and they start hitting the call button fa comes over and they say we are in first where are the pre-flight beverages - fa says something I cant hear - they say loudly that is just unacceptable we are in first and we are suppose to get drinks now - fa says something else I can't hear and goes back to closing over head bins and pushing to get flight pushed back - woman gets out phone and says i am writing to delta about this right now - we push back FA stands in front of the first class section and announces to the passengers - we are very sorry that we were unable to provide pre-flight beverages but we were specifically told by operations not to so that we could get this flight out and have all of you make your connections - women says to her friend well i can see not serving everyone drinks but he should have gotten us our drinks
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:26 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by tennessetom
women says to her friend well i can see not serving everyone drinks but he should have gotten us our drinks
They are a level above (or below - I really don't know...) than a regular DYKWIA
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
-- we were specifically told by operations not to so that we could get this flight out and have all of you make your connections - women says to her friend well I can see not serving everyone drinks but he should have gotten us our drinks
Originally Posted by HMO
They are a level above (or below - I really don't know...) than a regular DYKWIA
I would agree - wow - the absolute cheek.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I am flying out on one of the first flights out of lga following the this weeks snow storm - flight is a little late and completely booked with people trying to make connections - i am in first and there are these two woman irate that the flight is late (as opposed to being happy they were getting out) Plane is boarding and they start hitting the call button fa comes over and they say we are in first where are the pre-flight beverages - fa says something I cant hear - they say loudly that is just unacceptable we are in first and we are suppose to get drinks now - fa says something else I can't hear and goes back to closing over head bins and pushing to get flight pushed back - woman gets out phone and says i am writing to delta about this right now - we push back FA stands in front of the first class section and announces to the passengers - we are very sorry that we were unable to provide pre-flight beverages but we were specifically told by operations not to so that we could get this flight out and have all of you make your connections - women says to her friend well i can see not serving everyone drinks but he should have gotten us our drinks
Special. In the short bus sense of the term.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
Special. In the short bus sense of the term.
Most of the people on the short bus have tons more compassion than that woman.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Dovster
Sorry, RSSrsvp, but I am about to take this off topic by telling a DYKWMCI (Do You Know Who My Coat Is?) story.

"Fine," he told her, "then I will simply sit on your coat."
Wife man from Israel.

Clever answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.