Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bowgie
It wasn't me, but I've been none-to-pleased to be sitting in the back of a 737 on this route because other pax paid for all of the few available first class seats.

Better off transferring thru ATL to get an upgrade...
I did MCO-DTW-LAX the other day. Upgrades the entire way, plus 600-700 more MQMs. ^

MCO-DTW was oversold, so I inquired about volunteering. They would only put me in Y on the 737 and since it got me to LA 3 hours earlier, no voucher. "Hell no, I won't go." If I wanted to fly a 737 across the country, I'd fly AirTran/Southwest.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
I did MCO-DTW-LAX the other day. Upgrades the entire way, plus 600-700 more MQMs. ^

MCO-DTW was oversold, so I inquired about volunteering. They would only put me in Y on the 737 and since it got me to LA 3 hours earlier, no voucher. "Hell no, I won't go."
So it was about the upgrades, not the MQMs, then. You would have gotten ORC if you asked, I assume? I still like the way you think. ^
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
So it was about the upgrades, not the MQMs, then. You would have gotten ORC if you asked, I assume? I still like the way you think. ^
It was about both -- I'm running low on MQMs due to award travel. I get 1000 bonus RDMs per segment, so would have lost that. Plus I had been in the MCO SC playground after coming in from ATL earlier in the day and wanted to avoid Y. Plus, as an LAX-based GM, UGs are still somewhat of a treat, so it's tough to give them up for 900+ mile flights.

There have been recent reports that ORC has not been granted for voluntary changes including VDBs and SDC (the latter for sure, more surprisingly the former). Usually not a big deal since I can turn a $300 VDB voucher into 6K MQMs easy-peesy (all my travel is self-paid). But in this case, there wouldn't have been a voucher due to earlier arrival.

Gone are the good ol' days where I'd volunteer my seat, get a $400 voucher, and be confirmed in F on a later flight (my favorite instances were LAX-ATL on a 77L in F and a weekday LAX-JFK in B/E on T fares as an FO). Gate agents have been hesitant to give F on a later flight lately, and I can't blame 'em.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
1B currently has had her bluetooth earpiece in her ear (but off) for 2 hrs into the flight now. Take it off please....
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mnredfox
1B currently has had her bluetooth earpiece in her ear (but off) for 2 hrs into the flight now. Take it off please....
Maybe she forgot. I haven't yet but sometimes it feels like I'm still wearing it if I have taken it off.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Is it flashing? I always think those ear buds that blink look so silly.... Especially on old men
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yohanson
Maybe she forgot. I haven't yet but sometimes it feels like I'm still wearing it if I have taken it off.
On no she did not. She was walking around F all huffy puffy hugging her laptop too. And we as we were slowing down from the runway the BT went on.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
On no she did not. She was walking around F all huffy puffy hugging her laptop too. And we as we were slowing down from the runway the BT went on.
BT?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by yohanson
BT?
Bluetooth is my guess.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
Bluetooth is my guess.
Oh. Well, the bluetooth is no big deal if you're on the ground taxiing. I put mine in too after touchdown.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
You assume that it's removable. Did you see her BP? Did it say something like 7 of 9? You will be assimilated...
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
DYKWIA on a CRJ 700. PVD to DTW. Seat 2C

Talking loud on your Blackberry for the 20 mins before take off. Drinking your beer. Complaining about how much you have to pay your contractors and consultants.

When we are ready to go wheels up and you finally shut off your Blackberry you have to go to the bathroom. You complain that Delta needs to get rid of these planes as there is no lav in F. She retorts they took the lav out up front so there would be F and you can enjoy your PFB. You still complain.

After the back and forth with the FA, We wait for you to go to the back and handle your business. We finally go wheels up after you return from your walk of shame from the lav in the back.

****sign*****. Another day another DYKWIA
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by mapsgl
DYKWIA on a CRJ 700. PVD to DTW. Seat 2C

Talking loud on your Blackberry for the 20 mins before take off. Drinking your beer. Complaining about how much you have to pay your contractors and consultants.

When we are ready to go wheels up and you finally shut off your Blackberry you have to go to the bathroom. You complain that Delta needs to get rid of these planes as there is no lav in F. She retorts they took the lav out up front so there would be F and you can enjoy your PFB. You still complain.

After the back and forth with the FA, We wait for you to go to the back and handle your business. We finally go wheels up after you return from your walk of shame from the lav in the back.

****sign*****. Another day another DYKWIA
not supporting the DYKWIA, but the CR7 with the one lav in the back is a real pisser...

What happens when the DYKWIA's in Y decide to throw their weight around and enforce the "use the lav in your assigned compartment" arguement?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
not supporting the DYKWIA, but the CR7 with the one lav in the back is a real pisser...

What happens when the DYKWIA's in Y decide to throw their weight around and enforce the "use the lav in your assigned compartment" arguement?
I hate not having a lav up front. I am sure if they only had one lav up front and none in the back the DYWIA would be complaining about the people from coach coming up to use the lav
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Here's a great one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-priority.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.