Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Marilu
Ha ha. He can try, but honey badger don't care!
Wow, you foreigners sure talk funny
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:48 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Funny you should mention that, I had a foreigner ask me just last month if I know how to use a gun! Kind of out the blue, out of context to whatever we were doing. I thought it was a weird question.
That is a weird question. Of course we know how to use a gun. Sheesh.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by yohanson:19176734
Funny you should mention that, I had a foreigner ask me just last month if I know how to use a gun! Kind of out the blue, out of context to whatever we were doing. I thought it was a weird question.
That is a weird question. Of course we know how to use a gun. Sheesh.
To not would be unamerican.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Don't touch my light if I fall asleep
I guess you must have a lot to complain about. I mostly fly long-haul, and I routinely see the FA's walk down the aisle, turning off the lights and TV screens of people who have fallen asleep.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by ULDB65
I guess you must have a lot to complain about. I mostly fly long-haul, and I routinely see the FA's walk down the aisle, turning off the lights and TV screens of people who have fallen asleep.
Yeah, I noticed that. Before I fall asleep now I routinely ask the FA to leave my light on if I sleep as I am afraid of the dark. They always get a chuckle and leave my light on.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by gooselee
Love these. I used to work door/valet at a hotel and this was one of our favorites. I swear we had a conversation like this at least twice a week.

No offense to hybrid owners, and there are many who are awesome guests, but there are also some exactly like this.
Let me load the cart with your 40 plastic shopping bags, microwave, shower curtain, etc.

Given that's it is summer and all the soccer parents have been out and about with their kids for their one and only yearly hotel trip, this is absolutely spot on. I was at a FS hotel in DC the other day and waited through 3 elevator cycles so a family of 4 could send their THREE FULL bell carts of junk to their room. Of course, even though this was a 4* property they decided to use the public high rise elevators to schlep everything upstairs.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Yesterday I was in the DFW SkyClub, and it was pretty noisy in there. An important phone call came in from my wife's doctor regarding her treatment, so I slipped into the quite room so I could hear a little better. I made sure to cover the phone and keep my voice down. Next thing I know some drunk guy who had been passed out in the corner is in my face yelling at me for being on the phone. He tried to emphasize his authority by telling me he's already made DM for the year and will easily make Double Diamond. He said he knew the club agents personally and would have me kicked off my flight!

I stepped just outside the room to avoid confrontation, and then he picked up all the quiet signs in the room and placed them in a circle around me!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
Yesterday I was in the DFW SkyClub, and it was pretty noisy in there. An important phone call came in from my wife's doctor regarding her treatment, so I slipped into the quite room so I could hear a little better. I made sure to cover the phone and keep my voice down. Next thing I know some drunk guy who had been passed out in the corner is in my face yelling at me for being on the phone. He tried to emphasize his authority by telling me he's already made DM for the year and will easily make Double Diamond. He said he knew the club agents personally and would have me kicked off my flight!

I stepped just outside the room to avoid confrontation, and then he picked up all the quiet signs in the room and placed them in a circle around me!
Moving the signs sounds hilarious . However, isn't the point of a quiet room is that it is quiet? It would seem that no phones would be a given.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold

I see what you did there.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:53 pm

You are on a roll!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: DM MM

roknroll you get my vote for post of the week ^^^
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Moving the signs sounds hilarious . However, isn't the point of a quiet room is that it is quiet? It would seem that no phones would be a given.
Agreed. There should have been no phone calls in the quiet area; I would have asked you to leave as well. Everything else is of course hilarious.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
Agreed. There should have been no phone calls in the quiet area; I would have asked you to leave as well. Everything else is of course hilarious.
I think roknroll is implying that there was a moron in the DFW SkyClub.

Last edited by eturowski; Aug 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm Reason: added link for clarity
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:12 pm

If your wife is ill, I think you should be by her side and not in a Skyclub. I am assuming you meant quiet room and not quite room? I would not worry about his perceived status. Paid F trumps all status.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
If your wife is ill, I think you should be by her side and not in a Skyclub. I am assuming you meant quiet room and not quite room? I would not worry about his perceived status. Paid F trumps all status.
<...........>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.