Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unfortunately my DM walking on water tends to involve wet lavatory floors after a previous FC/BE passenger had a bad aim (not due to turbulence--sorry, rough air--or age).

Just say no to ice fishing.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 18, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by HawkSE
Always fun to board with the family of 4 in F. Then watch the multitude of folks board and stare at my (now) age 11 and 7 boys sitting together in 4 C and D.
You think that was fun; I got one on ya. Quite a few years ago now; me, my mom, my aunt and uncle, and 4 cousins were all in F on a CVG-CUN on a 738. We took up half the F cabin. All five of us kids were under 20 at that time. The looks we got....

BTW, this was long before the time of all the complimentary upgrades and super elite DM status.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
"I don't have to gate-check my roller on a CRJ2. I know, I'm a Diamond"

Paraphrasing a little, but that's pretty much how it went down. After Diamondzilla was told by the GA that he needed a pink tag, he explained how he's a Diamond member and he knew better and he and his roller stormed into the jetway without one. The GA chased after him. She explained it's FAA rules and his response was to the effect of "Don't insult my intelligence!" They were a little far down so I didn't get all the words, but I heard him demand the GA's name. After the GA came back, a 2nd GA said "You handled that well."
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Did he GC his bag?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tkey75
Did he GC his bag?
I actually don't know. They were way down the jetway and people were blocking me. I would assume either the GA or the FA on board did. He was already seated in a middle exit row (I was up front) and I didn't see any roller in the open overheads.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Paraphrasing a little, but that's pretty much how it went down. After Diamondzilla was told by the GA that he needed a pink tag, he explained how he's a Diamond member and he knew better and he and his roller stormed into the jetway without one. The GA chased after him. She explained it's FAA rules and his response was to the effect of "Don't insult my intelligence!" They were a little far down so I didn't get all the words, but I heard him demand the GA's name. After the GA came back, a 2nd GA said "You handled that well."
The GA should be fired. How can he/dhe not know what Diamond is?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Goes to show - some Diamonds are definitely NOT HVCs.

This is one of the times I wish the airports would get rid of GIDS and go back to a more "opaque" upgrade and seat assignment process. This guy needs to discover just how comfortable 38B on an MD-8X can be for a few flights.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by avidflyer
The GA should be fired. How can he/dhe not know what Diamond is?
Definitely. I'm surprised that the GA even needed to be reminded, by him, that he was a Diamond. Didn't they know who he was?!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by TheMoose
Definitely. I'm surprised that the GA even needed to be reminded, by him, that he was a Diamond. Didn't they know who he was?!
I'm surprised the GA was allowed to come back out of the jetway. After such an offense, they should be pushed into the turbines.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Ironically, there are a few roller bags that will fit under a seat, a diamond would know that, the Kettles might not.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
um, I hope you're being sarcastic!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec, DL, HHonors Blue, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, Marriott Silver
I don't know so much if this is because s/he is a Super-Triple-Uranium-Plutonium-Iridium-Diamond member as it is a reflection of the direction civility is going in general in this country. I've seen this behavior on all the major US carriers I've flown.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by jimrpa
um, I hope you're being sarcastic!
This whole thread is sarcastic.

I rail on the DYKWIA-types as hard as anyone. (psst: this Delta forum has quite a few!)
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
What we really need is a DYKWIA sticky, so that I can ignore it.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
All of the DYKWIA's attitude aside, I recently had a GA-in-training tell me I needed to pink-tag my computer backpack on an RJ. I told him no, it will fit under my seat (which it will, with room to spare). When he tried to insist, I may have muttered something under my breath about having been on more RJ's in the past two months than he had been on in his life, but I don't exactly remember.

Of course, I was actually polite. I told him that if it didn't fit, I would pink-tag it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.