Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Actually you are supposed to stand clear 7.5 feet away from any DM.

All DM medallions look & act like the EMPEROR from star wars, lol.

Those were not his buddies, they were his Imperial body guards.

Even Dart Vader is afraid of DM LOL
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
As a PM who is going to cross the threshold in less than 6 hours (love da gogo) after I finish PHX-JFK-BUF today, I was TOLD that when I became DM I could even WALK ON WATER !!!!! YES !!!!!!

That's really the benefit I'm looking forward to most.

However, since it's going to be Best In Class, I guess the only time it'll work is when I'm Ice Fishing in Jan/Feb and freezing my you know what off.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Idk...I'm on aircraft far to often to want to stand on the sky priority carpent 30+ minutes before departure because I HAVE to be the first one on (ahem gate lice) and far too laid back to have to push my way to the front of the line. I would rather enjoy the cocktail at the SC rather than feel the need to rush aboard the aircraft, only to wait at least another 20-25 minutes before the door closes.

I will say tho, I had a lady do this to me once, and it was oh so nice to be able to turn left and have her watch me and be pissed about it lol.

Its the little things in life that make me happy.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
As a PM who is going to cross the threshold in less than 6 hours (love da gogo) after I finish PHX-JFK-BUF today, I was TOLD that when I became DM I could even WALK ON WATER !!!!! YES !!!!!!

That's really the benefit I'm looking forward to most.

However, since it's going to be Best In Class, I guess the only time it'll work is when I'm Ice Fishing in Jan/Feb and freezing my you know what off.
Darn - Now I have to share the DM line at BUF!, Let's petition for a BUF SC.

Didn't you know DMs are entitled to heated seats in the hut? (if they know what a hut is in ATL)
------
From the other side of the river
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
You guys didn't hear about the Diamond Benefit for 2011? "Diamonds get to cut to the front of any line, at any point in time, no matter the situation. If this happens at a hub, a red carpet will automatically roll out, forcing the sea of other pax to part, for the Diamond to walk down."
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Idk...I'm on aircraft far to often to want to stand on the sky priority carpent 30+ minutes before departure because I HAVE to be the first one on (ahem gate lice) and far too laid back to have to push my way to the front of the line. I would rather enjoy the cocktail at the SC rather than feel the need to rush aboard the aircraft, only to wait at least another 20-25 minutes before the door closes.

I will say tho, I had a lady do this to me once, and it was oh so nice to be able to turn left and have her watch me and be pissed about it lol.

Its the little things in life that make me happy.
+1
Join me in lobbying for the ultimate perk? Being able to board last, T-15 min or so, with an overhead space for your carry on.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
You mean they don't? THATS it, NEVER flying DL again, going to UA now.
Actually, they are already doing it. But it is limited to the JFK "meet-and-greet" program for now.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond

reading thread while chuckling...

as a retired USN CPO... my mouth would have gotten the best of me i'm afraid...

"I'm a double diamond, get in the back of the line jackass".

d
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by thezipper
maybe... but you forgot about that other "Club" which forever will not be named again
Oh no, I will never forget the club that can not be spoken of, the "card" that never existed, the club whose name bears a resemblance to a popular type of milk....I have said too much already. Hope all is well.. somewhere a couple of Guinness have our names on them
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by batdude
reading thread while chuckling...

as a retired USN CPO... my mouth would have gotten the best of me i'm afraid...

"I'm a double diamond, get in the back of the line jackass".

d
I like it! Like all CPOs you ran the Navy
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I like it! Like all CPOs you ran the Navy
We still do Things get interesting at times. Sometimes its hard preventing alligator mouth.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
Always fun to board with the family of 4 in F. Then watch the multitude of folks board and stare at my (now) age 11 and 7 boys sitting together in 4 C and D.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
I do agree that the odds of DYKWIA entitlement is directly related to status. But can we agree that there are plenty of A$$hats in each tier, and that rude behaviour is not the exclusive domain of the DM?

I was literally run over in the preboarding gate louse infestation by Ma and Pa Flyertalker returning from the ORD DO yesterday, proudly displaying their bright yellow tags as they pushed past other FC passengers. He was a GM, she was an FO, and they proceeded to put all FIVE of their carryons in the overhead bin.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, over the years the most ridiculous statements and attitudes that I have seen by far can be attributed to FO's, I especially like it when they try to blag it by saying, "I'm medallion" and try to get away with things.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Don't their cards and luggage tags have a special gold star or something?

Edited to add . . . I understand the gold stars are removable, so you can peel them off your DM card and put them on your forhead for everyone to see inflight!
Hysterical!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.