Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett

What, exactly, is the problem, with said observation in the DYKWIA thread? How, exactly, is pointing that out somehow "oblivious"?

Because it sure comes across as if you're just upset that someone is calling out DMs acting like DYKWIAs.
it's oblivious because you're so focused on hammering your point (which honestly nobody disagrees with (and nobody in this forum thinks that DMs are (as a group) more bloated and inflamed than I do)) that you've missed the entire other half of the discussion. I guess if you just want the thread to be a one-way box into which you cast your miraculous insights, it's not oblivious. But in the context of what other people are saying in addition to what you've said, it is.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:55 am

You don't know if it's posted on Delta's website?
https://www.delta.com/us/en/check-in...rding-priority
I didn't say I didn't know if it was posted on the website, I said I didn't know what the actual rule said. I can see now why you're having so much trouble with this discussion, you reply to what you wanted to read rather than what was actually written.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:57 am

None of this has anything at all with me, personally, wanting to feel special or otherwise be treated in any particular manner.
right, this is where you went off the rails, you took a comment using "you" in the coloquial manner as referring to a generic group (which anyone who has spoken english for more than a year or two understands) as referring to you specifically and reacted to it in the most bad faith way possible to drive the discussion into this ditch. Congrats.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
But at the end of the day, even if Chip is wanting to feel "special" it doesn't matter as they should just wait their turn, I hate gate lice in every form and being a DM doesn't mean you can't be gate lice and this is an example of that.
but in reality regardless of what people "should" do and regardless of what the posted order is (or, even, the ad-hoc order dreamed up by the GA on the fly), people do what they want. And some people blow a gasket any time their subordinates do not hold THE RULES in the highest possible regard. That's how the issue ends up being discussed here in this thread.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
right, this is where you went off the rails, you took a comment using "you" in the coloquial manner as referring to a generic group (which anyone who has spoken english for more than a year or two understands) as referring to you specifically and reacted to it in the most bad faith way possible to drive the discussion into this ditch. Congrats.
Sure, my guy. You totally meant those uses of "you" and "your fweewings", etc., in the colloquially generic sense, and not in any way directed at me or my comments.

In any case, I'm not going to contribute (further) to this rabbit trail derailing a thread that is over a decade old. We can agree to disagree about the entire discussion.
hhdl likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
but in reality regardless of what people "should" do and regardless of what the posted order is (or, even, the ad-hoc order dreamed up by the GA on the fly), people do what they want. And some people blow a gasket any time their subordinates do not hold THE RULES in the highest possible regard. That's how the issue ends up being discussed here in this thread.
People do what they want, absolutely, I agree with you on that. At the same time though, people doing what they want doesn't make something right. But regardless if people are doing what they want or not, they are still by default in the wrong if doing what they want entails breaking the procedure. I also agree with your point about people blowing gaskets, I just think if people here are gonna blow gaskets over like Main 2 people hogging the gate area or trying to board early, DM's shouldn't get special treatment for doing the same thing.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
can we start talking about snobby, self-entitled people and stories again please?
mbluecpa, Cher905, sethb and 15 others like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:39 am

People do what they want, absolutely, I agree with you on that. At the same time though, people doing what they want doesn't make something right. But regardless if people are doing what they want or not, they are still by default in the wrong if doing what they want entails breaking the procedure.
nobody thinks they're right, if they did, they wouldn't be posting in this thread
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
nobody thinks they're right, if they did, they wouldn't be posting in this thread
Then let's just agree that we have common ground here and agree to disagree on specific technicalities, I too would rather get back to the snobby stories.
hurnik, wrp96 and eric_o like this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 11:47 am

Sure, my guy. You totally meant those uses of "you" and "your fweewings", etc., in the colloquially generic sense, and not in any way directed at me or my comments.
ok, bud. main character syndrome.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA

In any case, I'm not going to contribute (further) to this rabbit trail derailing a thread that is over a decade old. We can agree to disagree about the entire discussion.
Please

Then let's just agree that we have common ground here and agree to disagree on specific technicalities, I too would rather get back to the snobby stories.
Please

ok, bud. main character syndrome.
Last word please

Originally Posted by enviroian
can we start talking about snobby, self-entitled people and stories again please?
Please?
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
I've eaten too much popcorn reading the latest ongoings of this thread in the past couple of weeks. Thank you for the entertainment. I agree it is time to move on to the "snobby" DYKWIA stories we have grown accustomed to instead of infighting.
resolute, levilevi, eric_o and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
How many rounds are we into this fight?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DLATL777
How many rounds are we into this fight?
If we got 1 MQD per round, we’d all be DM’s and then could debate whether we board with or after first class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.