Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by Worldtraveler727
I've seen this guy before. The similar, yet more exuberant, embroidery front of the shirt and sleeve make the ensemble even more impressive. I think the front has his own personalized logo that he created from the Delta logo and some million mile thing in an oak leaf ring.
I just cannot fathom why one would do this. Well, maybe I can but that's not appropriate to say.... This is more than DYKWIA, it is outright forcing it on you.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
A220-300 LAX-LAS.
Ah, that explains it. I've only been on an A220 once.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Diamond Hat Guy, is that you?

I can't believe no one has referred to the 42 page FT classic thread from 2011, I just saw a dude in the Crown room wearing a Diamond Medalllion Hat

Unfortunately all the old pictures of DHG are no longer in the thread, but he was rumored to also have a polo shirt. (The hat can be seen in post 466!)
remyontheroad likes this.

Last edited by OldAsiaHand; Nov 29, 2023 at 8:06 pm Reason: fix link
Old Nov 30, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: Skyteam
One million miler shirt guy was feeling gracious to let someone else sit in Delta One for a change.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by OldAsiaHand
Diamond Hat Guy, is that you?

I can't believe no one has referred to the 42 page FT classic thread from 2011, I just saw a dude in the Crown room wearing a Diamond Medalllion Hat

Unfortunately all the old pictures of DHG are no longer in the thread, but he was rumored to also have a polo shirt. (The hat can be seen in post 466!)
Someone told the Diamond Hat Guy that there was a FT thread about him and he embraced it and started posting in there. Sadly, I think he passed away a few years ago.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
it isn't EXACTLY DYKWIA, but this reddit post made me think of this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/delta/comme..._dl187_lhrlax/

"Yes, it was clear someone had gas in Delta one yesterday, but it wasn't nearly as disruptive to the flight as your completely over the top reactions during the 10.5 hour flight with your loud dramatic gagging and crying and constant complaints that you were "going to puke" for almost the entirety of the flight. Every chance you could, you made your own stink about it. The smell didn't wake me, but you sure did several times.

Wandering around the cabin and peering into people's suites who are trying to sleep while huffing and puffing and trying to "out the farter" was 100000xs more disruptive than the farter themself.

Having to yell at you for constantly spraying disgusting perfume in the cabin which I witnessed you do and which you tried to deny was the final insult.

People fart on planes, it's unpleasant but sometimes it happens to people when they fly. What was the plan once you found the culprit? Shame them into not farting? Tossing them into the Atlantic?

GROW UP.

My guess is the lady doth protested too much.

Signed,

the couple who were trying to sleep in 4C&D (the male of which you had the audacity to try to possibly blame in an effort to get me to sympathize with you-it wasn't either of us, but I kind of wish it was)."
Hoyaheel, strickerj, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:27 pm

At gate 5 today at EZE going to ATL. Agent has us line up. Delta One then Premium Select then Sky Priority etc. A non Latino comes up and stands in front of us. He said he wanted the Delta One line and we were in Sky Priority. We mention the line and try to direct him as he could have boarded right away. Pal gets very upset and says “how am I supposed to see the line”. He goes to board and they let him on.

We get on the plane and realize he is sitting across the aisle next to me….. in Comfort Plus. And yes I saw him use the Delta One lavatory already.

Check in for Sky Priority was slow because a tour group dropped 20-30 people at the Sky Priority and Delta One lines. Main Cabin line was going faster. And they were making Sky Priority wait until they handled Delta One even with dedicated lines.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Smiley90

"Yes, it was clear someone had gas in Delta one yesterday, but it wasn't nearly as disruptive to the flight as your completely over the top reactions during the 10.5 hour flight with your loud dramatic gagging and crying and constant complaints that you were "going to puke" for almost the entirety of the flight. Every chance you could, you made your own stink about it. The smell didn't wake me, but you sure did several times.

Wandering around the cabin and peering into people's suites who are trying to sleep while huffing and puffing and trying to "out the farter" was 100000xs more disruptive than the farter themself.

Having to yell at you for constantly spraying disgusting perfume in the cabin which I witnessed you do and which you tried to deny was the final insult.

People fart on planes, it's unpleasant but sometimes it happens to people when they fly. What was the plan once you found the culprit? Shame them into not farting? Tossing them into the Atlantic?

GROW UP.

Signed,

the couple who were trying to sleep in 4C&D (the male of which you had the audacity to try to possibly blame in an effort to get me to sympathize with you-it wasn't either of us, but I kind of wish it was)."
More than a decade ago I was was flying LAX-SLC on DL. This was on an old 757 where the F seats were pairs of 2 seats all on one bench, with the chairs separated by a permanent armrest. The women next to me soon after sitting down was releasing gas at such a torrid pace that the seat would vibrate every-time followed a few seconds later by a terrible odor. This continued every 30-45 seconds for the entire flight, only pausing when she fell asleep for 30 minutes. The second she woke up it started again. I could see the pax in front and behind trying to figure out who was doing it-I decided to keep my mouth shut though also didnt want to be blamed as the crop duster.

While I agree it was incredibly unpleasant I can only imagine how embarrassing it was for her as well. My eyes watered but I used the air nosel and pointed it directly at my nose for the entire flight.
CosmosHuman and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta, United
Regarding the HAFE*. I simply fully open the air vent and directed it in the general direction of the offending source. Worst case, suck on a peppermint LifeSaver.

*High Altitude Flatulence Expulsion, though fowl is not life threatening. HACE (High Altitude Cerebral Edema) and HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema) are life threatening.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
I carry Vicks VapoRub. A little under the nostrils are the best defense against flatulence.
wrp96 and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Its been a while since I have been on this board, but I am so glad this thread is still going. Some really cracking DYKWIA stories.
ebayj, mattp1987 and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
I carry Vicks VapoRub. A little under the nostrils are the best defense against flatulence.
I’ve tried Vicks. I still fart.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:59 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Smiley90

GROW UP.

Signed,

I was the gastric offender. I’m proud of it. Lends a certain perspective to those affluent enough to afford J, but too broke for charter.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
too broke for charter.
This may be a cool username for someone on FT, and I believe it is available...
wrp96, TheHorta and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by txpenny
Isn't it difficult to get it under the nostrils of the flatulator?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.