Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jackvogt
Hmm...I don't really see what's wrong if someone is talking on the phone while using the urinal. I have often had tight connections and just needed to take a quick call. That's not really a DYKWIA thing. It doesn't really effect other people using the restroom (I can see how being in a stall would be different).
I find the use of cellphones in bathrooms to be a bit creepy .... it’s just a little way farther down the slippery slope to video chatting in locker rooms.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by puck021
I find the use of cellphones in bathrooms to be a bit creepy .... it’s just a little way farther down the slippery slope to video chatting in locker rooms.
That's a pretty steep slope.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by defrosted
You say the back of FC like it is a bad thing. Didn't realize there were sub classes within FC.
On widebodies where the J cabin is split on both sides of the 2L boarding door, there’s definitely a sub-class of F/J. And on the 747 the Upper Deck almost always feels superior to the lower deck.
puck021, Hoyaheel, JBJ2435 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by puck021
I’m always tempted to stand really close to people like that and talk really loud into my phone on a pretend call.
Get really close and start complaining that he put the cell down. "You know how much I hate you talking on cell when we're hooking up. We only get time to meet here at airport, cant you put it down for just a few minutes (seconds). Etc..." All done with occasional moan.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
On widebodies where the J cabin is split on both sides of the 2L boarding door, there’s definitely a sub-class of F/J. And on the 747 the Upper Deck almost always feels superior to the lower deck.
Also, odd-numbered rows are inferior to even-numbered rows.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kochleffel
Also, odd-numbered rows are inferior to even-numbered rows.
I’ll argue the opposite on the 763 and 764, where the window seats in the odd-numbered rows are actually adjacent to the windows
RealHJ likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:10 am
HMO

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
And on the 747 the Upper Deck almost always feels superior to the lower deck.
Sadly this era is reaching an end...
QDDawg and ACCDraw like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by jackvogt
Hmm...I don't really see what's wrong if someone is talking on the phone while using the urinal. I have often had tight connections and just needed to take a quick call. That's not really a DYKWIA thing. It doesn't really effect other people using the restroom (I can see how being in a stall would be different).
Agreed, how is this DYKWIA? Try wearing a wireless headset at work and having back-to-back conference calls with no breaks for seven hours. It's guaranteed you'll step into the lav at some point (hopefully muted). I've had to place calls from the Vatican, I've done conference calls from the back of a motorcycle in Indonesia, and I can't count the times I've had to step into the (private) bathroom on MetroNorth for privacy. I don't excuse loud talking, and I always try and find someplace private, but I also understand that jobs exist out there where YOU TAKE THE CALL NO MATTER WHAT. Granted, that's probably the minority of the instances you see people on mobiles. But I just treat it like crying babies; I feel worse for the parents than for my own inconvenience. I feel bad for people that have to interrupt their connection time to take a call in a lav. #notDYKWIA

Last edited by jamienbaker; Sep 13, 2019 at 11:11 am
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Agreed, how is this DYKWIA? Try wearing a wireless headset at work and having back-to-back conference calls with no breaks for seven hours. It's guaranteed you'll step into the lav at some point (hopefully muted). I've had to place calls from the Vatican, I've done conference calls from the back of a motorcycle in Indonesia, and I can't count the times I've had to step into the (private) bathroom on MetroNorth for privacy. I don't excuse loud talking, and I always try and find someplace private, but I also understand that jobs exist out there where YOU TAKE THE CALL NO MATTER WHAT. Granted, that's probably the minority of the instances you see people on mobiles. But I just treat it like crying babies; I feel worse for the parents than for my own inconvenience. I feel bad for people that have to interrupt their connection time to take a call in a lav. #notDYKWIA
Your response borders on DYKWIA on its own!😂😂😂
(Vatican/Indonesian scooter)😂😂. I have a few famous ones to throw out — but wouldn’t do t on a DYKWIA thread. Ironic!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I have a few famous ones to throw out — but wouldn’t do t on a DYKWIA thread. Ironic!
"Of course you can spend the night here, Melania, but this time make certain that the Secret Service isn't hanging around".
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
^ welcome back, Dovster!
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:06 am

Your response borders on DYKWIA on its own!😂😂😂
(Vatican/Indonesian scooter)😂😂. I have a few famous ones to throw out — but wouldn’t do t on a DYKWIA thread. Ironic!
Don't be such a tease! Tell us!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:03 pm

Smile

Your response borders on DYKWIA on its own!������
(Vatican/Indonesian scooter)����. I have a few famous ones to throw out — but wouldn’t do t on a DYKWIA thread. Ironic!
Yeah, point was I’ve been to many places where the LAST thing I wanted to do was take a call.

But it’s not DYKWIA. If I really wanted to strike the DYKWIA chord, I’d have told you who it was that called
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Yeah, point was I’ve been to many places where the LAST thing I wanted to do was take a call.

But it’s not DYKWIA. If I really wanted to strike the DYKWIA chord, I’d have told you who it was that called
So... who was it?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:36 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Nobody walks around taking calls in the bathroom just to show off or let people know they’re “important”. I don’t feel inconvenienced or irritated when someone talks on their phone when I’m going to the bathroom. I always figure there’s a reason why they took the call. Either way I guess it doesn’t matter. But if you are the person who’d try and interfere with someone else’s call because they are talking in a public place, I hope we’re not seated together because there’s probably very little that I or anyone else could do that wouldn’t irritate you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.