Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 7, 19, 7:14 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Gig103
Wiki Link

Top Characters & Stories: Go ahead, post your favorites
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 8, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Originally Posted by blueflyer3 View Post
IMO, I see it as similar to reaching across someone at the dinner table. Rude, but varies by context.
I don't think it is rude if done in a gentle/polite way. If the window passenger is clearly sleeping with the window open, I have gently closed the window if I'm trying to see a screen or want to have a darker cabin. Now if the passenger is awake I think it is only polite to ask if they mind closing the window partially. But really its 100% up to the pax seated in the window the status of said window: open or closed.
strickerj and dmarge18 like this.
Old Apr 30, 19, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough View Post
I don't get why he thought it was appropriate to do this.
He thought it was appropriate because no GA told him otherwise. That's what we're saying on this thread. Random and casual enforcement of the rules means people will get away with stuff like that.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 3:29 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by skchin View Post
Last year I was boarding with rest of the zone 4+ and lady comes next to me says, "I'm Silver Medallion, I have to go front of you."

I had that happen years ago. A woman thought she got priority boarding as a silver. Boy did some set her staright right quick. I think it was a cultural thing and she wasn't aware was all.

I came in here (sp) thinking I was going to read, 'I'm so and so celebrity, actor, director, exec producer, etc. (Work in entertainment, most are very decent people) So now some DM's and PM's think they are really something and qualify as DYKWIA. LOL Is this the only place they feel good enough that who they are is by what FF level they have gotten. Pathic with a very low areness level. You bought even tickets to gain this status, you did nothing to make the world better.

Last edited by 3Cforme; May 1, 19 at 8:17 am Reason: removed reference to race
Old May 1, 19, 7:04 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Swanky Safari View Post
Pathic with a very low areness level.
I assume that you deliberately spelled it "areness" because nobody is in awe of them.
Old May 1, 19, 11:36 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Howste View Post
I assume that you deliberately spelled it "areness" because nobody is in awe of them.
Well I could fib and say yes. But reality was I couldn't find the spell check and should be sleeping at 2:29am. Not on Flyertalk.
strickerj likes this.
Old May 1, 19, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Swanky Safari View Post
I think it was a cultural thing and she wasn't aware was all.
Nope. She was well aware. She was just trying the ol' familiar ploy: "Oh, sorry. I am old/foreign/status-holder/just-a-quick-question/can't quite read my boarding number/didn't hear the announcement. Since I'm here already, can't I just continue on to the plane?"

Just pick one of those excuses, and people try them all.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by cheaptom; May 1, 19 at 1:11 pm