Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Two nights ago flying BWI-RDU. The gate area was crowded and people were antsy due to a late inbound. There was a large crowd of gate lice around the boarding ropes who refused to part. Premium was called then Sky through the Sky Priority lane. A man had been blocking SP and finally the gate agent told him to move (his BP was for Zone 2). He turned to someone next to him and he said loudly "I fly a lot but not this airline and it's because of stuff like this that I don't fly them a lot".

Stuff like what? Enforcing the boarding procedures?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
Two nights ago flying BWI-RDU. The gate area was crowded and people were antsy due to a late inbound. There was a large crowd of gate lice around the boarding ropes who refused to part. Premium was called then Sky through the Sky Priority lane. A man had been blocking SP and finally the gate agent told him to move (his BP was for Zone 2). He turned to someone next to him and he said loudly "I fly a lot but not this airline and it's because of stuff like this that I don't fly them a lot".

Stuff like what? Enforcing the boarding procedures?
Ugh. Nobody is missing his company. AA or UA or WN or F9 or NK or whomever can gladly have him.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
There is some classic DYKWIA going on in Twitter in response to the power outage in ATL. Apparently they are not rescuing PMs from the plains first or opening the dark SCs to needy DMs.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by puck021
There is some classic DYKWIA going on in Twitter in response to the power outage in ATL. Apparently they are not rescuing PMs from the plains first or opening the dark SCs to needy DMs.
I think DL has more planes from the plains to MSP/DTW than they do to ATL ...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767

I think DL has more planes from the plains to MSP/DTW than they do to ATL ...
LOL. Stupid Homonyms
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bravo Mr DYKWIA., you got your rollerboard in a CR9 bin because you gate liced the SP lane. But you don’t get to put your backpack, winter jacket, and shopping bag in as well taking up the bins from row 2-4....
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
DYKWIA on AA on Monday, but I've seen the same species on DL. Before boarding started he was up at the desk trying to force the agent into giving him an upgrade, wouldn't leave them alone. Then once they started boarding, he parked himself in the priority lane and wouldn't move out the way even though he wasn't eligible to board yet - he just stood there with his bag in the middle of the lane forcing everyone to climb around him to board. Unfortunately he managed to get the battlefield upgrade and then was pretty rude and demanding to the flight attendants onboard. Part of me wishes the gate agents had "forgotten" to upgrade him.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Bravo Mr DYKWIA., you got your rollerboard in a CR9 bin because you gate liced the SP lane. But you don’t get to put your backpack, winter jacket, and shopping bag in as well taking up the bins from row 2-4....
What's stopping him?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:53 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
yeah I've seen plenty of dirtbags take up a whole bin on CRJ9 with their 19 bags.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:23 am

I am going to tell on myself a little bit on this one, but I feel it belongs here.

In November, I booked a reward trip from JAX-ATL-MCI for the first weekend in Dec. I booked in economy because I usually get a C+ upgrade as a PM. Unfortunately, my outgoing from JAX was cancelled due to the winter storms, so I was able to rebook for free the entire trip a week later (that was very nice). However, a couple days before the flight, the leg from MCI-ATL on the return was full so I didn't get the C+ upgrade. I called the PM line and asked if they could issue me a couple drink tickets to use on the flight. I was told my previous 4 tickets expired in October, and they would not be able to issue any drink tickets to me until the new medallion rewards are delivered. I was very polite and just accepted it. However, after a couple of beverages later that evening, I decided that I would send in a complaint. I know I am only a PM, but I usually fly business for work, and always qualify on MQD for DM, but never the MQM, and any drink tickets I get usually expire (it was a bit of a DYKWIA complaint). I left for my trip without hearing back, and fortunately (for me), I got stuck overnight in MCI due to the ATL power outage. The flight I got back I ended up with an upgrade to F, so it really didn't matter about the ticket.
DL did contact me after I returned and ended up sending me a drink ticket in the mail (not one of the app ones). I did apologize to the gentleman on the phone, especially with all the issues due to the power outage, since I felt my "complaint" wasn't really that bad. He also told me that red coats typically have some drink tickets they are authorized to hand out and if I find myself in that situation again, they may have some available (good advice).
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:24 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Protege
I am going to tell on myself a little bit on this one, but I feel it belongs here.
I think I mentioned upthread somewhere, that we might need a SELF-CONFESSED DYKWIA thread!
Seabilly likes this.

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 19, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:03 pm

Nice DYKWIA moment today. Walked up to gate as they were about to board. Two women in the Sky Priority line so I got behind them since I was In F. As the agent is about to announce Prem boarding this guy walks up to the podium in front of me and the two women. I said “Hey there’s a line”. He says “I’m a Diamond. I said “so am I”. So he gets pissy and says “Where do you want me to stand”. I said “I don’t care but not at the front of the line”. Gate Agent cracks up and says “Nice Job” as I boarded. I almost never board that early, but what’s up with the privileged attitude?
nogophers, levilevi and hi55us like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
I agree. I always wait a little bit back so that those with baby's, handicapped or military can walk in front of me Doing such the other day and 2 couplew come and walk in front of me and puts their 6 bags down blocking the line. I "excuse me", they "you were not in line" Gate agent sees the whole thing and when it is priority time to board, he calls me over and has be board before them, One sat across from me and was pissed the whole trip.
puck021, levilevi and Dave737 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BeatCal
I agree. I always wait a little bit back so that those with baby's, handicapped or military can walk in front of me Doing such the other day and 2 couplew come and walk in front of me and puts their 6 bags down blocking the line. I "excuse me", they "you were not in line" Gate agent sees the whole thing and when it is priority time to board, he calls me over and has be board before them, One sat across from me and was pissed the whole trip.
Triggering these people is fun.
puck021 and jinglish like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
Triggering these people is fun.
I notice a lot of people "triggering" a lot more people lately.

Saw it in a jetway recently while waiting for my pink tagged carry on. Everyone was lined up on the right side waiting for their luggage as requested by the flight crew. Two guys get off the plane and stand right at the front on the left. After a couple of minutes, someone says to them that it must be nice to stand at the front on the left, rather than in line on the right side like all the people who follow directions. One of the guys says "Well, I'm a diamond" and mutters to his companion "What an a%$hole". Suddenly the gentleman next to me reaches his boiling point and says to the guy "No sir, your the a%$hole". The whole jetway broke out in laughter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.