Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG PLAT
19d to start. Then after all the complaining 19b
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:16 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DLLOVEHATE
So last week i was on DL121 LAX-JFK continuing on to MAD . . . . . The "gentleman" in 19C . . . . .
Originally Posted by DLLOVEHATE
19d to start. . . . .
I was wondering if that was a typo! I was just about to start checking all of my JFK/LAX & SFOs for February and March, to make sure I'm still in exit rows!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
19D is especially rough, if the seatmap starts off as a standard 757 where 19DEF all have excellent legroom. i wouldn't expect that on LAX-JFK.. but, if he's used to 19D on the standard 757, i could see the confusion.... still, suck it up and move on, especially if 19E is your traveling companion!

i remember a guy showing up for the exit row aisle waaaaay in the back of the 727, where it's a pair of seats just in front of the door, crammed right up against the row in front of it. there was an initial reaction of dismay, and then he sat down and that was it. bet he didn't make that mistake a second time....
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
He needs to report to Thomas Hudson to get schooled.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
HEY! That was me! If only you knew what I'd been through to get that exit row! I've had to sit next to screaming babies! I've only been upgraded EIGHT TIMES! Eight times in twelve flights! I asked for a Jack and Coke and they CHARGED me for it! Why do I even waste my money on this stupid airline?

...no, I'm totally messing with you. That was not me at all. I was working from home yesterday.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Seat1A
i remember a guy showing up for the exit row aisle waaaaay in the back of the 727. . . . .
Waaaaay in the back of a - - - WHAT?!?!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:02 pm

It took every bit of strength in my body not to tell this guy off.
I could never reach across someone's seat the way he did.

Maybe it's just me, but the people on the LAX-JFK routes have seemed to be some of the nastiest passengers I have ever experienced.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:01 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
Seated in 18E recently and had a DM and a PM behind me throw fits on the JFK-SFO flight. Loved getting kicked for a large part of the flight. Because, well, it was obviously me who did this to them...

Same thing happened last week on an SFO-ATL flight with a PM behind me again.

Delta does need to fix the seat-map. If only so people will stop taking out their anger on those of us in 18D and E.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Ahh, Coachwars
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by wb9tio
He needs to report to Thomas Hudson to get schooled.
This is why I do not fly in coach or with Golds....
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:17 pm
2mg

Sounds like we need to start of site...

similar to People of Walmart.

I'd love to see what some of these tools look like and more importantly publicly humiliate them in the process.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:22 am

Some of these GMs are getting a little uppity lately.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:41 am

Isn't the problem that 19 DEF are technically an exit row? Delta can't not indicate it being an exit row, as you do have to qualify to sit there. The seats just happen to be crappy.

I was on a flight once where a woman complained that it wasn't an exit row. She was VERY not pleased. The FAs were exceedingly nice to her about it, despite her attitude.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by HSDebateCoach
Seated in 18E recently and had a DM and a PM behind me throw fits on the JFK-SFO flight. Loved getting kicked for a large part of the flight. Because, well, it was obviously me who did this to them...

Same thing happened last week on an SFO-ATL flight with a PM behind me again.
(Calls flight attendant) "Could you please tell the mother of the 5-year-old sitting behind me to make him stop kicking my seat?"
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Waaaaay in the back of a - - - WHAT?!?!
not a typo -- i really did mean the 727. row 32 was *horrible*, and row 35 had gratuitous legroom -- enough to make you wonder why they didn't install row 33 or 34. i sat in 35D from time to time -- even with the three JT8's screaming back there, it was one of the better seats on the plane. and you did see the occasional unhappy flyer who was told 32 was an exit row......

the 73G must generate a lot of unhappy exit row aisle dwellers, too....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.