Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 6:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Too bad somebody didn't board flashing a Kryptonum Medallion card in THEIR faces!

Old May 26, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by davetravels
Too bad somebody didn't board flashing a Kryptonum Medallion card in THEIR faces!

We've got to get Widgets flight schedule.

I can just see it now. 25 FTrs all in the SP lane all together saying "Make way diamond scum, kryptonium coming through"
Old May 26, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
We've got to get Widgets flight schedule.

I can just see it now. 25 FTrs all in the SP lane all together saying "Make way diamond scum, kryptonium coming through"
You are totally inappropriate. It is, "Diamond scum, I will let you carry my Kryptonium bag onto the plane with me." You should not waste a diamond.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Maybe a bit of a self aware DYKWIA story - getting on the plane a few weeks back with my DH - who had my roller bag with the Diamond Tags on it. The Flight Attendant said - "Wow, thank you for being a 2MM Diamond". He said "No that's her". I of course said "didn't you know - they give you a silver to carry your bags once you reach 2MM". We all got a nice laugh - and yes he's a silver
Old May 26, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that wins the thread this month
Old May 27, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
For those who like short posts..

Family thinks Au AE gives them right to DWKWIA behavior.

For the rest of us...
A bit of a rant, but quite a bit of DYKWIA behavior today.
While waiting to board a flight from LGA to MSP, the gate lice were incredible. There were oversold flights around us and delayed and cancelled flights...and lots of children in strollers and car seats. It was a zoo.

So, I am trying to hang back, but I am in 1B...so I know I will need to get on as early as possible to get my bag in a bin close to me.

This man, his wife, and child literally pushed me out of the way. The wife was holding up an American Express Gold card and leading the way. Announcing, priority boarding, priority boarding. The family did make it up to the GA. He was dealing with the people who need extra time and assistance and all of the strollers and car seats.

Mr. Gold American Express (Mr. GAE) was not happy about this at all. "Excuse me! We are priority" He then grabs the credit card from his wife and puts it about six inches from the GA's face.

The GA was amazing... He calmly said, when I say Sky, you can board. That seemed to placate Mr. GAE, until premium and DM members were called. They refused to move away from the GA.

Once again, amazing GA...he calmly said, if you step aside, you will be after these people...if you don't...we all will wait.

Premium boarded, but once they got on, they kept on bossing around the other passengers and crew. Since I was in 1B I could see it all. The FA was attempting to come to the front of the plane and the FA at the door asked them to wait a moment. Mr. GAE, took out his gold American Express card again flashing it in front of the GA and said, "we are priority." The FA, without missing a beat said, you can save 10% on purchases abord this flight while using the delta American Express, I thought I would pee in my pants with laughter. But, it bought the FA in the back time to wiggle back into the front of the plane.

There were other crazy stories as they tried to rearrange luggage and where people could sit in the back of the plane, but this post is long enough.
This one has to be Wiki worthy...
Old May 27, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BadgerFlyer91
Maybe a bit of a self aware DYKWIA story - getting on the plane a few weeks back with my DH - who had my roller bag with the Diamond Tags on it. The Flight Attendant said - "Wow, thank you for being a 2MM Diamond". He said "No that's her". I of course said "didn't you know - they give you a silver to carry your bags once you reach 2MM". We all got a nice laugh - and yes he's a silver
^^
Old May 27, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Dennis88
This one has to be Wiki worthy...
Yes and maybe the one from BadgerFlyer91 for a little humor in the wiki?
Old May 29, 2017, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Was at the ORD Skyclub earlier and someone was upset the agent wouldn't allow them in with their Am Ex card. The agent was telling him he had to be on a Delta flight and his boarding pass wouldn't work since it was United.

He complained he was a Plat. Elite and never had issues getting in for free before. Not sure how the conversation ended because I went back for a Diet Coke and get online but he wans't in the club. I don't know why people say other agents allow stuff when I know darn well they wouldn't have allowed someone in with an Am Ex swipe for free on a United BP
Old May 29, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Was at the ORD Skyclub earlier and someone was upset the agent wouldn't allow them in with their Am Ex card. The agent was telling him he had to be on a Delta flight and his boarding pass wouldn't work since it was United.

He complained he was a Plat. Elite and never had issues getting in for free before. Not sure how the conversation ended because I went back for a Diet Coke and get online but he wans't in the club. I don't know why people say other agents allow stuff when I know darn well they wouldn't have allowed someone in with an Am Ex swipe for free on a United BP
Glad they're enforcing that. The ORD SkyCloset would be unusable if every UA pax with an Amex Platinum was allowed in. It's already bad during peak times and IRROPS.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I did an advanced search, and did not see the DYKWIA large thread on the first 3 pages of DL forum results so I assume it got deleted?

Some DM/PM/GM/FO was losing their mind at XXX behind me at the SKy Priority check in line for bags, asking if I "knew this was the sky priority line" (gee thanks I had no clue)

This person then line jumped to the front of pre check by telling the person checking passes for pre check/non pre check that she needed to go because their flight was so soon.......

Anyways found them in the Sky Club stuffing their face because they were "in such a hurry" wonder if they will be on my flight, that will be the ultimate in funny.....

Yep they were on my flight right there in the bulk head when I boarded...... (Guess they were much more important being "SOOOO LATE" for the same flight I was on )

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 12, 2017 at 8:25 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Yep they were on my flight right there in the bulk head when I boarded...... (Guess they were much more important being "SOOOO LATE" for the same flight I was on )
Hilarious. I hope you had a snarky way to call them out. At least a raised eyebrow to let them know you're onto them
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:11 am

I call these folks out. A snarky, " I guess you unfortunately missed your earlier flight" works.They don't usually answer--too embarrassed. ( as they should be)
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Got off a flight yesterday from Punta Cana in Detroit yesterday, and had a family of 5 push ahead of us on the way to Customs because 'they had another flight to catch'. Our plane landed 20 minutes early, and we were all some of the first folks off the plane. What would they have done if we were on time? Shesh.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: DL FO
I very rarely witness DYKWIA in the wild, but saw a fine display yesterday. At RDU, waiting for board a BWI-bound flight. About 1/2 the flight apparently with basic economy fares or flying standby, all waiting for seat assignments. Also very few medallions on the flight - all upgrades cleared on the CRJ-700, and there were still several F seats open.

One guy is loudly talking/hitting on a different passenger, going on about how much he flies as his super important business dealings. He approaches the GA and asks about seat assignments. She says she's processing assignments and will call people up when she has boarding passes ready. He returns to his conversation.

The GA called out a bunch of names, people lined up, and started getting their new boarding passes. Guy continues talking, this time loudly complaining about the lack of seat assignments ("I fly all the time, and Delta is the only airline that does this."). He eventually noticed the line, and corrected people, telling them that the GA would call their names when ready. They say the GA has already called people up. So he gets in line and waits.

When he gets to the counter, he berates the GA for not calling people up for seat assignments, then hands her his original print-at-home boarding pass. He pulls up an electronic version of the boarding pass and asks her if she sees TSA pre anywhere on the electronic pass. She says no. He then points to the TSA pre logo on his print-at-home boarding pass, and asks if she sees it. She said yes. Then he simply says "Delta is a terrible airline" and walked away.

The in-bound flight is late. To expedite boarding, the GA starts walking through the gate house with pink tags. As she walks towards Loud Guy's row of seats, he casually gets up and walks away. He maintains this dance, slowly strolling around the gate house moving from section to section as the GA moves through with the tags. As soon as she stopped tagging and returned to the desk, he returns to his seat. I boarded with Prem and settled into 2A. I'm not sure what happened after that, but he did not have his bag with him when he boarded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.