Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WWads
No, that rule has been in place long enough now. All of the cases I've witnessed of people trying to argue their way in had a DYKWIA tone to them. Like they know the rules, but don't think that they should apply to them for whatever reason.
I did that once at NRT. I was travelling with my wife and 7 y/o daughter, MNL-NRT-LAX. They wanted me to pay for her to get in, because with status I had Platinum status but also a reserve card. Even if you have a reserve card, a Platinum American Express card, you can still only bring one guest with status. This does not really make much sense and discourages one from getting multiple forms of entry. They also let us in the next day, since the three of us took a VDB from the NRT-LAX flight that day.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by Widgets
I'm surprised that both employees at DAL had never before seen a Medallion traveling with a companion with a separate reservation. The waiver applies as long as the companions are traveling the identical itinerary to the same final destination. They must've been new, but IIRC I don't think DAL has mainline employees, so the JWD might not provide any cash compensation.
well that would be a shame! Perhaps he could barter it for something with a mainline person. (I didn't fill it out.) Now that I think about it, as I handed it to him, he was looking at it in a way that made me think he'd not seen one before. So perhaps you're right.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by kop84
BeatCal Could you be thinking of AA?
i still have a whole "book" of daily paper passes to the Crown room which I got from Chicago (I flew almost daily) in the 80s. (she gave them to me so my associates could get in, I was flying colonel). I wonder if they will still work?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BeatCal
i still have a whole "book" of daily paper passes to the Crown room which I got from Chicago (I flew almost daily) in the 80s. (she gave them to me so my associates could get in, I was flying colonel). I wonder if they will still work?
Do they have expiration dates or language about expiring if the program changes? Might be worth a try haha.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
BWI-ATL this morning -- twit next to me in 4B takes a call on his cell phone when we're at maybe 6000 feet and 10 miles out on final approach ... to his credit, all he said was "I'm on a plane, about to land, I'll call you back in 5-10 minutes"
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Originally Posted by jrl767
BWI-ATL this morning -- twit next to me in 4B takes a call on his cell phone when we're at maybe 6000 feet and 10 miles out on final approach ... to his credit, all he said was "I'm on a plane, about to land, I'll call you back in 5-10 minutes"
Apple really needs to pay attention to the many broken Airplane Mode functions we keep encountering
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Guy next to me was conducting a facetime call on his iphone about 30 minutes ago. We are at FL360 MEM-PHX.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:44 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
BWI-ATL this morning -- twit next to me in 4B takes a call on his cell phone when we're at maybe 6000 feet . . . .
What did you call me?!?!?

Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by nogophers
Apple really needs to pay attention to the many broken Airplane Mode functions we keep encountering
I don't think this is an apple malfunction. Either the guy didn't put his phone into airplane mode or the gogo didn't shut off under 10k feet.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
I don't think this is an apple malfunction. Either the guy didn't put his phone into airplane mode or the gogo didn't shut off under 10k feet.
Unusual for you of all people to miss the sarcasm
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
uh, not so much
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:16 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
He probably was connected to the cell network at 6,000 feet.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Lately I've been getting cellular service at 36k feet over Canada and US. (When I forget to turn off) Not good enough to have actual conversation, but enough I can text if I wanted.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by enviroian
Guy next to me was conducting a facetime call on his iphone about 30 minutes ago. We are at FL360 MEM-PHX.
GoGo at work.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:07 pm

DYKWIA commenting on Delta's Facebook update on the weather situation:
I am extremely displeased with the way delta handled my cancelled flight. NO NOTIFICATION AT ALL. Rebooked on a flight the had 3 connections the next day... There was a direct flight with the same route getting home HOURS EARLIER. The thing that pisses me off the most!!!!!! My Co workers on the exact same canceled flight made it home toady why didnt I???? I am DIAMOND RESERVE STATUS they are NOT... ...???? So disappointed in the service I received. TERRIBLE WAY TO TREAT A DEDICATED DELTA (10 year every week) FLYER!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.