Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 8, 19, 2:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Gig103
Wiki Link

Top Characters & Stories:

Go ahead, post your favorites
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 20, 16, 11:15 am
HMO

Originally Posted by kop84 View Post
He's a DM and had to be on a separate record to get the UG, he must not have even had one other person on the record to even try for a companion upgrade. Nominally if he knew enough to have his own record, he'd had to have known that there was no way that DL was going to also give 4 more upgrades to his family.
He much probably knows it, but there is a slight chance his family didn't understand / accept his explanation.

I'm supposing he probably didn't also share his PNR at least with Mrs. to reduce the chance of jeopardize his own upgrade.
Old Dec 20, 16, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I am DM. When we fly as a family everyone but me is on a redemption ticket so they are on a separate PNR.

Wife has GM status and she had her share of upgrades as a GM on her own PNR.
Old Dec 20, 16, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
I am DM. When we fly as a family everyone but me is on a redemption ticket so they are on a separate PNR.

Wife has GM status and she had her share of upgrades as a GM on her own PNR.
Yes, but if you get a solo upgrade, who's the one who sits up front, you or wife?

When I fly with my gf and I get a solo upgrade for some reason, there's no way I'm sitting up front. I don't want to hear the FA say, why is this tiny angry girl coming from the cargo hold and trying to stab this guy in FC?
Old Dec 20, 16, 1:30 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
I don't have a problem with what the DM did going for the Upgrade. But obviously his wife did have a problem with it. This type of thing should be worked out in advance among the family. The plan should not be to yell at the GA until the entire family is upgraded.
Have to wonder if the DM *did* try to explain to the mrs that not all would be upgraded due to how Delta's policies work but she would have none of it and would be sure to "fix it" when they got to the airport.
Old Dec 20, 16, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
This is going a bit far - no need to bring her lack of a sex life into it.
Wasn't even thinking about her sex life. It was her travel life I was thinking about.
Old Dec 20, 16, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Earth. Residency:HKG formerly:YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL, BKK, SGN, CPT, UIO
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
Yes, but if you get a solo upgrade, who's the one who sits up front, you or wife?

When I fly with my gf and I get a solo upgrade for some reason, there's no way I'm sitting up front. I don't want to hear the FA say, why is this tiny angry girl coming from the cargo hold and trying to stab this guy in FC?
​​​​​​
Pre-board poker game.
Old Dec 20, 16, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL View Post
Have to wonder if the DM *did* try to explain to the mrs that not all would be upgraded due to how Delta's policies work but she would have none of it and would be sure to "fix it" when they got to the airport.
My wife certainly doesn't understand (or care about) the intricacies of the skymiles program. She thinks I fly too much and doesnt get why i'll sometimes choose a layover vs a non-stop. But she certainly appreciates the free travel and occasional upgrades. If we're not all together we discuss it in advance and while i've asked for exceptions from the GA (and occasionally gotten them) a simple 'no' is all it takes and we go sit down and wait it out.
Old Dec 20, 16, 2:39 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stillontheroad View Post
While waiting for a delayed flight from Louisville (SDF) KY, to Atlanta yesterday a family of 5 approached the GA with the wife demanding to know why only her husband (DM) had been upgraded to FC while the rest of the party was in either C+ or Coach. .......
While reading this post, I kept picturing the mom from Home Alone, screaming Kevin!

Old Dec 20, 16, 3:08 pm

One possible scenario
While the children may look like young adults, it could be at least one is below 14 and the other 2 are both younger than 18. This forces at least one of the parent to be in the same cabin unless the UM fee is paid.
Old Dec 20, 16, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
One possible scenario
While the children may look like young adults, it could be at least one is below 14 and the other 2 are both younger than 18. This forces at least one of the parent to be in the same cabin unless the UM fee is paid.
Something tells me that the mom is not exactly a stickler for the rules, and definitely not above not paying the UM fee if she had any way not to.

But if I were her kid, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her anyway!
Old Dec 20, 16, 4:06 pm

Something tells me that the mom is not exactly a stickler for the rules, and definitely not above not paying the UM fee if she had any way not to.

But if I were her kid, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her anyway!
I hear you but the (suggested) scenario would account for the splitting the PNR as (1) Dad (2) Mum + 3 children instead of (1) Dad + Mum and (2) 3 children.
Old Dec 20, 16, 5:21 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Doesn't matter why the dad sat in FC by himself, or why the kids where separated from the parents, or why they didn't want to sit together. Those are all personal decisions. Nothing from with a girlfriend or wife or kids in the back if thats the families decision. What is wrong is how this woman acted and treated the agents plain and simple.
Old Dec 20, 16, 5:25 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I'd be mortified if I were the one whose behavior in public were being discussed like this - and even more mortified had I behaved like this. I do not understand how some people believe this is how one should comport oneself in public.
Old Dec 20, 16, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by jspira View Post
I'd be mortified if I were the one whose behavior in public were being discussed like this - and even more mortified had I behaved like this. I do not understand how some people believe this is how one should comport oneself in public.
The problem is the people who act like this aren't mortified because they don't care or are completely oblivious to what others are seeing about them.
Old Dec 20, 16, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by rickg523 View Post
I'd wager this woman has never had a truly satisfying experience in her entire life. Her overweaning self centeredness almost certainly sabotages every experience.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
This is going a bit far - no need to bring her lack of a sex life into it.
Originally Posted by rickg523 View Post
Wasn't even thinking about her sex life. It was her travel life I was thinking about.
I obviously need to apologize for my wicked sense of humor - or I should have used a big grin smiley icon

Search this Thread
Search Engine: