Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
has this ever happened?
Just a couple times on RJs, I got a upgrade entire families without status.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Even though I will never be non-status with Delta I guess there is a benefit to asking GA is flight is oversold. They generally seem really happy when I do even if the flight is not even close to oversold.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
has this ever happened?
Probably flying into FAR on a Saturday in February!

But seriously most likely Saturday flights and also probably some of the Caribbean flights that FO's and their companion's get upgrades.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kop84

But seriously most likely Saturday flights and also probably some of the Caribbean flights that FO's and their companion's get upgrades.
Outstation flights to CUN often push with near-empty FC cabins. My family went to Cancun last summer and flew IAD-CUN on DL. Should have gone along. I'm sure I could have gotten everyone an upgrade to FC. No medallions at all on that flight.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
SEA-PSC often has empty seats in First.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kop84

I haven't seen these flights for a while I used to get upgraded at the FO window and in some rare occasions even before the FO window still as a FO. For SDQ and SJU these days are gone on the day flights Now upgrades go to the gate and in some cases there are 5-10 passengers after J is full.

BTW, I run into DYKWIAs every now and then on these caribbean flights. Usually locals who pay for a J seat.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I used to get upgraded at the FO window
FOs hava window?!?!?

Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Paplover
SEA-PSC often has empty seats in First.
Mrs. ATOBTTR has flown SEA-PSC/PSC-SEA close to a dozen times (round trip) as an FO/GM and I think has only not been upgraded once or twice. She does get her reality check when she flies SEA-DTW though.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by zitsky
I don't find this story believable at all. Anyone who talks to a customer like that should be fired or at the very least reprimanded. It's not funny and not appropriate. I don't care how nasty a pax is, you don't sink to their level.
You are 100% correct that one should never sink to their level. I regretted having said what I said and did fear company reprisal. However this did occur and there is more to the story. This is a short hand version.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:54 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
FOs hava window?!?!?

Yes - it is like the window in a hotel. It doesn't open.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
FOs hava window?!?!?

By "window upgrade for FO" they mean FOs are allowed to be "upgraded" to the window seats in Y that get vacated by those being upgraded.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
By "window upgrade for FO" they mean FOs are allowed to be "upgraded" to the window seats in Y that get vacated by those being upgraded.
You obviously do not appreciate davetravels sense of humor.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:00 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I actually did get an upgrade at the window as a FO one time, AUS-ATL. I just dug it up (it was a long time ago), it was a 5:40AM flight on a Tuesday.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
FOs hava window?!?!?

Originally Posted by puddinhead
Yes - it is like the window in a hotel. It doesn't open.
I once saw a cow with a window in its side for studying the gastric processes. It could be opened. I would not want to make FO if that would happen to me
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I thought it meant that the only way a FO was going to be upgraded is if a DM/PM/GM was sucked out a window and thus the seat was now vacant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.