Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by kelvinj
While this thread is considered funny by some, I fail to see how it is Delta specific. Why is this thread still alive?
Because Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status is only found on Delta!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash
Because Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status is only found on Delta!
I have heard that this existed on UA, but cannot confirm...
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by merrickdb
And now we know who Mr. 1A is. Or perhaps 2D?

Wow. Such excellent background research and analysis used to "conclude" that I am Mr. 1A or 2D. You must work for the government!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by kelvinj
Wow. Such excellent background research and analysis used to "conclude" that I am Mr. 1A or 2D. You must work for the government!
If he admitted that to you, he'd have to.....[never mind]...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
I read these threads with some amusement. There's some people who are offended by things that wouldn't offend me, and others who may even be offended by what I do (I've been known to, horror, put sock-clad feet on a bulkhead; though it seems it may be OK to some people, because I usually keep them below seat level).

Anyway, here's a behavior I found pretty irritating, and I think most people agree: If you're sharing an armrest with someone, maybe you ought to keep your crap on your own side.

Sitting next to Mr. 1C today, who, for whatever reason, needed to have at his disposal at all times, his iPhone, his blackberry, his iPad, and his laptop (ok, not the laptop). Every time I lifted my arm from the armrest, another portable device, power adapter, or assorted gizmo would end up where my elbow wants to be.

I mean -- as much as people can b**tch about the horrors of a 22" wide seat, the armrests are a good 6 inches wide -- can't you please at least pretend like you're trying to keep your stuff on your own side?
Smrtmom1 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
The most annoying thing is people putting up their feet on my armrest in First Class. It drives me crazy to have their dirty shoes rubbing on my elbow.

I have pointed it out to many a F/C passenger who ended up starting off with the "DYWHIA" routine and questioning the legitimacy of my birth, my background etc. Did not bother me a bit as long as their dirty shoes were off "my" armrest.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by TravellingMan
The most annoying thing is people putting up their feet on my armrest in First Class. It drives me crazy to have their dirty shoes rubbing on my elbow.

I have pointed it out to many a F/C passenger who ended up starting off with the "DYWHIA" routine and questioning the legitimacy of my birth, my background etc. Did not bother me a bit as long as their dirty shoes were off "my" armrest.
At least it was only dirty shoes... It could have been a urine enriched sock since 2D walked to the lav in his socks.....
Synapseturquoise and Smrtmom1 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
At least it was only dirty shoes... It could have been a urine enriched sock since 2D walked to the lav in his socks.....
Shudder to think about that Will watch out for that.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Indirectly related to this, but kind of similar concept . . .

Does it bother anyone that we put all of our "stuff", jackets, wallets, phones, coins, laptops, etc, into a bin to go thru x-ray, and millions of shoes have also touched the bottoms of those bins - - and we all know - especially men, I think - some of the places our shoes have touched!

I'm hoping that this train of thought doesn't cause this thread to be closed. I'm not a germ freak, but it's just something I think about occasionally. Your thoughts?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by davetravels
Indirectly related to this, but kind of similar concept . . .

Does it bother anyone that we put all of our "stuff", jackets, wallets, phones, coins, laptops, etc, into a bin to go thru x-ray, and millions of shoes have also touched the bottoms of those bins - - and we all know - especially men, I think - some of the places our shoes have touched!

I'm hoping that this train of thought doesn't cause this thread to be closed. I'm not a germ freak, but it's just something I think about occasionally. Your thoughts?
I am not a germ freak BUT, your comment goes as to why I always wear closed toe shoes, long pants, and long sleeved shirts. Except for my laptop, my "stuff" goes into my laptop bag and not one of those nasty bins.

IMHO my sock clad feet are much cleaner than my shoe clad feet for just that reason. And I always put my shoes on when leaving my seat.

And yes this is a Delta specific post because I only fly on delta.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Shoes are supposed to be placed directly on the belt. Or so I thought....
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
"I'm a Diamond, I have to Board"

I have NEVER seen anything like this.

We were getting ready to board, they call FC, we are actually on the blue carpet and they start boarding. I am standing with another woman talking and moving towards the scanner, and only one other person is in front of us. All of a sudden out of no where some guy comes from the back, says excuse me I'm a Diamond I have to board (no kidding) then he tells his 4 buddies, oh come up with me and they all cut in front of everyone to go to the front of the line. The GA scans all the BP's and let's them on and me and the other woman just stop and stare like did that really happen? So we get on board and of course I expect to see them all in FC, the Diamond guy is In first and the "buddies" are in the last few rows of coach.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I have NEVER seen anything like this.

We were getting ready to board, they call FC, we are actually on the blue carpet and they start boarding. I am standing with another woman talking and moving towards the scanner, and only one other person is in front of us. All of a sudden out of no where some guy comes from the back, says excuse me I'm a Diamond I have to board (no kidding) then he tells his 4 buddies, oh come up with me and they all cut in front of everyone to go to the front of the line. The GA scans all the BP's and let's them on and me and the other woman just stop and stare like did that really happen? So we get on board and of course I expect to see them all in FC, the Diamond guy is In first and the "buddies" are in the last few rows of coach.
oh .. that is just another version of DYKWIA?

Plus he was demonstrating to his buddies that being loyal to DL has it's perks .. he was just probably let them get a taste!
Maybe some of the buddies will actually try and get better status with DL.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I usually have a Red Coat hold everyone back and announce, "Stand clear! Diamond-Million Miler Coming through!" Stand Clear!"
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I usually have a Red Coat hold everyone back and announce, "Stand clear! Diamond-Million Miler Coming through!" Stand Clear!"
So that was YOU? The trumpets were a nice touch too, by the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.