Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will she allow you to put a dog collar and leash on her?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
She may be a comfort animal (humans are animals too and she would certainly be a comfort to me) but I believe the dog collar and leash would lead her to believe that I think she is a b!tch.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 am
Formerly known as HuwRLewis

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
Originally Posted by pmaclell
Don't even get me started on people with backpacks hitting people sitting in aisle seats every time they turn. I've been luck so far, but that is because I sit at the window, usually. Backpacks are DANGEROUS!!
I agree completely. And one reason I always take a window seat is that I got tired of getting clobbered by backpack carry-ons.

Why can't DL do what they do at Harrods where a doorman stops customers and insists that they take off their back packs and carry them in front. They could do this at the gate when they scan boarding pass, AND reiterate it when you enter the plane. Surely the people in aisle seats are every bit as important as a piece of china...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Dovster
There is a beautiful young woman who lives near me and has never seen the US. Can I take her with me at no charge as a comfort animal?
I am willing to allow her to share my lie-flat seat so she will not take up any extra space.
I am not going to say anything....I'm not...I'm not.......

I'll just mention a possible new web site, http://www.comforrtanimalmilehighclub.com, $19.95/month membership.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
She may be a comfort animal (humans are animals too and she would certainly be a comfort to me) but I believe the dog collar and leash would lead her to believe that I think she is a b!tch.
No, she'll believe that you think she's a dog.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:16 am

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
There is a beautiful young woman who lives near me and has never seen the US. Can I take her with me at no charge as a comfort animal?
I am willing to allow her to share my lie-flat seat so she will not take up any extra space.
I bet you are!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
A new way to get the girlfriend by the wife. "Honey, I'm not cheating on you, she is my comfort animal".
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:25 am

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Originally Posted by Ledfish
A new way to get the girlfriend by the wife. "Honey, I'm not cheating on you, she is my comfort animal".
:Of course, depending on the level of compensation, she may only be economy comfort!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
:Of course, depending on the level of compensation, she may only be economy comfort!
If I'm going to go through all that trouble, I'm going first class baby !
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Can I take her with me at no charge as a comfort animal?
Great one.^

Last Friday I was flying in F from TPA-ATL, and this couple sits down in the row in front of me. The girl is carrying this rat dog who is wearing a "Service Dog" vest covered in rhinestones. During the flight I got up to go to the lav, and noticed that she had the dog laying in the seat beside her, and it no longer had it's Service Dog vest on. Guess that is just for Boarding/Deplaining??
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:41 am

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
In these days of technology, a big screen flashing the current boarding group isn't a hard thing to do. (They already have upgrade lists displayed.) Or even better, a BP scanner that will automatically reject not-yet-called boarding groups and reclassify them as the last group (UA might call it Group 6).
I'm pretty sure I've seen on the GIDS before a message that says "Boarding Zone SKY" or whatever zone they are currently on. If I remember correctly, it's usually a big green box with the writing in it. Problem is, the TVs they use for the GIDS aren't always in a convenient spot to where you actually board.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:54 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
In these days of technology, a big screen flashing the current boarding group isn't a hard thing to do. (They already have upgrade lists displayed.) Or even better, a BP scanner that will automatically reject not-yet-called boarding groups and reclassify them as the last group (UA might call it Group 6).
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I'm pretty sure I've seen on the GIDS before a message that says "Boarding Zone SKY" or whatever zone they are currently on. If I remember correctly, it's usually a big green box with the writing in it. Problem is, the TVs they use for the GIDS aren't always in a convenient spot to where you actually board.
Alaska does something like that:

Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta, United
Props to Alaska for such signage. They just need one more bit:

"Do not approach the boarding area until your zone is called"

Originally Posted by CrazyCelt
... one reason I always take a window seat is that I got tired of getting clobbered by backpack carry-ons.
It is not just backpacks, but shoulder bags, purses, laptop bags, pretty much anything one put over their shoulder can be and issue. Most people have no clue (situational awareness). I have gotten just as tired of the stupid cell phone users not paying attention and walking into me. Instead jumping out of the way I just stick an elbow up. I do the same with people carrying on bags.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Getting way OT but there are places one can buy the appropriate collar and various other sultry sundries like collars and leashes.

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Dec 11, 2014 at 9:42 am
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:14 am

Just completed reading every post in this thread, it took me several weeks but I did it! Now what?

I almost feel empty inside and yearn for more. I'm almost wishing there is an episode on my last flight of the year (coming up next week) just so I have something "good" to post.

On the subject of backpacks I've noticed that they are a weapon of sorts since I like aisle seats, and because of the repeated beatings I've received through the years I figured out that when I'm going down the Jetway to board the plane this is the best time for me to take off MY backpack and hold it in front as I board, and then walk through the plane to my seat. No matter if I turn left or right. It is also a habit for me now that when seated in my aisle seat, to lean inward from the aisle during boarding to avoid purses, big butts, elbows, and various other items of warfare. I'm an average sized person but if I sit normal in an aisle seat, I'm sure to get pounded throughout the flight. Every now and then I'll tell the middle seat person that once boarding has completed I will straighten out and give them their space.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kaliimc
Just completed reading every post in this thread, it took me several weeks but I did it! Now what?
http://hmpg.net/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.