Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by davetravels
But how could you possibly see this pax? Surely, as a mere Diamond Medallion, you were in lowly Business Elite/First, while someone as important as he, was CERTAINLY in Super Duper Uber Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier Class!
How do I get this Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status? Do I need the right credit card? maybe eat out alot? I don't really fly much but I should get this status because DYK...IA
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by fmsm
How do I get this Super Duper Ultra Luxury Titanium Premier status? Do I need the right credit card? maybe eat out alot? I don't really fly much but I should get this status because DYK...IA
You have to truly believe that your crap doesn't stink and you have to be completely in to you and only you. And then your imaginary friend will send you an invitation and membership card....

I peered through the curtain once...it wasn't pretty.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 8:05 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
This is a new class for those who are too good to sit with the DWKWIA crowd. It's for the new DYKWTFIA crowd, as mentioned above!!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 8:22 am

thanks for helping me laugh this morning.

somehow, i guess i have always falsely believed that people who are saavy enough to find themselves up front can also figure out how to use a belt. or, better yet, purchase clothing in the correct size.

particularly women.although most of the time i see men flying up front, i cringe when a woman is wearing ill-fitting garb. we should KNOW BETTER ladies!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
. All wss, but i do tend to have a huge issue when the door opens and you ran over the two GA's meeting the flight.... Very rude and unclassy.....

Hope you made your connection and that no other innocent GA's were taken out in the process.
What is the proper protocol of getting out/ up the ramp when the person in front you is weaving or rather large? Years ago I had to crawl up the ramp coming off of a CRJ and had to go rather bad ,since we circled & taxied forever. I debated do I throw the elbow, hop up and down ( my kids say it helps) ,walk real slow. But by the time I figured it out I saw the restroom.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by davetravels
This is a new class for those who are too good to sit with the DWKWIA crowd. It's for the new DYKWTFIA crowd, as mentioned above!!
The plane will soon be divided into 4 sections. Up front will be the DYK...IA group. Next will be the DYKWIA crowd, followed by NCWYA (Nobody cares who you are) and finally, stuck in the back is the WDC...YA section (We don't care who the #$*! you are... this section is reserved for silver medallions ).
Oxnardjan likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Classic!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Regardless of what we call it, it was a crescent moon in the middle of the afternoon....
but was it waxing or waning?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by DL-Don
It might have needed waxing!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 2:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Regardless of what we call it, it was a crescent moon in the middle of the afternoon....
I never knew that astronomy could be so much fun!!!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by troyintn
What is the proper protocol of getting out/ up the ramp when the person in front you is weaving or rather large? Years ago I had to crawl up the ramp coming off of a CRJ and had to go rather bad ,since we circled & taxied forever. I debated do I throw the elbow, hop up and down ( my kids say it helps) ,walk real slow. But by the time I figured it out I saw the restroom.
While I see where you are going with this.. We all have been stuck behind the lady/man with the cane, that should have waited for the wheelchair to pick them up... or the family with kids that can't seem to keep going forward... or just the out of shape ones that can't handle a slight incline.... These situations require judgement and some quick maneuvering....

BUT, in this case, it was two GA's whom 1A decided to CRASH through in an effort to make a connection.. A simple "Excuse Me" may have been an order, but that is not the road the guy took.. It was more of a push/shove his way through technique....

Originally Posted by DL-Don
Originally Posted by DLFan2
It might have needed waxing!
UH, definately needed waxing, amongst other things.....
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:56 pm

While this thread is considered funny by some, I fail to see how it is Delta specific. Why is this thread still alive?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by kelvinj
While this thread is considered funny by some, I fail to see how it is Delta specific. Why is this thread still alive?
It had been dead for about 14 hours until you revived it.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kelvinj
And now we know who Mr. 1A is. Or perhaps 2D?
Cotumely likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 3:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by troyintn
Push them, turn around once ahead of them, scowl, and continue on your way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.