Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 8, 19, 2:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Gig103
Wiki Link

Top Characters & Stories:

Go ahead, post your favorites
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 2, 11, 12:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Whats a DWYKIA-M?
Old Feb 2, 11, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by mlad1101 View Post
Whats a DWYKIA-M?
Don't You Know Who I Am
Old Feb 2, 11, 1:13 am

Programs: DL DM, UA G, Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Law of Seatmates Theorem 1
If you're male, you may occasionally hit the jackpot and sit next to two attractive women. The converse of this law is never true; if you are a woman in middle seat you will always be stuck between two men. And they will never be attractive.

Boarding Etiquette 104 addendum
Guys, you may think you have game. Just remember the theory of relativity -- a 2 hour flight can seem to be unending if you've unsucessfully tried to hit on your seatmate during departure taxi.
Old Feb 2, 11, 6:43 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Law of Seatmates Corollary 1. The size of the sumo wrestlers is directly proportional to the length of the flight.
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:40 am

Law of Gate Etiquette, When approaching departure gate and there is already a line of Gate Lice, continue with cell phone call but speak loudly and skip everyone in line. If you have not been upgraded, stay on cell phone, do not look at the GIDS, and attempt to board with First class. Ensure that your Medallion tags are visible to prevent any verbal provocations.

Last edited by ComAirKid; Feb 2, 11 at 8:54 am
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta 1MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz - PC, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
Law of Seatmates Corollary 1. The size of the sumo wrestlers is directly proportional to the length of the flight.
+1 ^
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta 1MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz - PC, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by mlad1101 View Post
Whats a DWYKIA-M?
Yeah,

But it could be:

DYKWIA Miss?
DYKWIA Mrs?
DYKWIA Ms?
DYKWIA Mister?
DYKWIA Man?
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DL_TIDE View Post
Boarding etiquette 102, do STEP out of the isle, I need to put my bag in your spot.
But if I step off the isle I'll get my feet wet, and besides, I didn't pack a bathing suit.
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by DL_TIDE View Post
Yeah,

But it could be:

DYKWIA Miss?
DYKWIA Mrs?
DYKWIA Ms?
DYKWIA Mister?
DYKWIA Man?
Or DYKWIA Mofo?
Old Feb 2, 11, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by ComAirKid View Post
Or DYKWIA Mofo?
Old Feb 2, 11, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta FO/1.3MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Haven't really pulled the DYKWIA card as I've learned most of the time Honey gets more flys than Vinegar does, but just last week ...

Flying BUF-DFW, going to see a client and taking the family with me since the kids wanted to see the Fort Worth Rodeo, so we get to the airport and I'm looking the part of Ma & Pa Kettle pretty good - 3 youngins (2,5 & 9), beat-up stroller, car seat and 2 kids roll-aboards with Power Rangers and Buzz Lighyear designs, on top of 4 bags to check through and me travelin in Jeans and a t-shirt.

I go up to the check in area and see a line of about 10 people at the regular check in and the kiosk pretty busy as well, so I head over to the SkyPriority line and enter, draggin the bags, wheelin a stroller and barely fitting through the roped off area since it's not too wide. I go up to the agent and get "THE LOOK" and was told "You're in the wrong line sir - this is for Sky Priority" - not that anybody was in front or behind me that she needed to take care of. I told her I was in the right line. I'm then asked "Are you gold, silver or platinum medallion?".

My response - "No.". I'm then told to move to the other line. My response back was "Nope. I'm Diamond on a revenue ticket and my family is in first class on award tickets. I prefer to use an agent instead of a Kiosk since it's always better to have a person and not a machine to check you in." Now, how I ever scored 4 First Class award tickets at 42,500 miles each on the same flight was beyond me, as I've hardly ever scored a First Class ticket at 50K miles, let alone 42.5k miles, but I'll take it when I can.

Anyway, agent attitude changed dramatically after my comments and when she pulled up the PNR's.

In all reality it wasn't that big of a deal, just that it happened a few days ago and it's fresh in my mind.
Old Feb 2, 11, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
But if I step off the isle I'll get my feet wet, and besides, I didn't pack a bathing suit.
Stupid spell checker.
Old Feb 2, 11, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't have a good story but I will share my Mom's from ohhhh 18 years ago or so.

I was at LHR with her and my brother, I was 9 and he was 8. She flew BA fairly frequently and was an Executive Club member at a level which entitled her to lounge access. For whatever reason, it didn't let in children under the age of 12 (I can't remember exactly why). At the time, she was 41 and pregnant with her fourth child. She tried to get us into the LHR Executive Club lounge and the agent wouldn't let us because of me and my brother. She yelled "I'm tired! I'm pregnant! and I want to sit down!" The agents let us all into the Club World lounge
Old Feb 2, 11, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I pulled out the DYKWIA card TODAY. Less than two hours ago. Not necessarily that I'm an Elite with DL, but the DYKWIA card nonetheless...

I left my Blackberry above the sink at the TPA men's room on my way off the plane and out of the airport. I realized this just as I walked off the train, so I asked the women at the desk there if I could go back. They were more than happy to let me back in. All I had to do was show them my BP from my flight to TPA. Uh-oh. I used the mobile device boarding, so the BP was basically sitting in the men's room...

I went to the DL ticket counter and asked for a pass to go back. There was only one person at the gate, and when I saw who it was, I got worried. He was willing to give me a BP, but when I asked him if he could call back there and see if anyone could go check if the phone was there, he couldn't be bothered. Granted, this all was my fault, but if it had been found, I wanted to know where to go. Plus, it was going to take me another ten minutes to go back through security and on the train which was ten more minutes something could happen to the phone. I was hoping for some help, not the minimal effort.

So I literally asked, "DYKWIA?" He and I had a previous run-in. At the time, TPA didn't have a Size-Wize and relied on a yard stick to measure bags. It was missing about three inches and couldn't have been more unreliable. My bag had been on many flights and fit both the Size-Wize and the OH, but he wouldn't let it on. I reminded him of this and let him know that my bag wound up getting lost. For a week. Meaning I had to wear the same clothes the next day in Naples. And the day after that in New Orleans. And the day after that in Nashville.

He blurted out, "You couldn't possibly think I had anything to do with your bag getting lost." To which I replied, "The thought definitely crossed my mind. You have to admit, it's quite a coincidence."

Suddenly he was willing to call the Red Coat at the gate. The Red Coat went to the men's room, didn't find the phone, so I was off to go look for it, gate pass in hand. About when I hit the escalator, he called my name and came running after me. Security had my phone and would meet me at the guard station at the end of the train.

The DYKWIA card worked, as it got me and my phone reconnected as fast as possible. I apologized to the GA for being, perhaps, exasperating.
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO PP, AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DIA
We purchased 8 last minute first class tickets for a flight. Everyone had checked in, everyone had boarded except for me. The gate agent saw me sitting next to the gate door on an important call using my laptop. The agent made the last call for boarding. I scanned my boarding pass and headed for my first class seat. At the same time a gentleman from coach was approaching first class. He stated the FA told him he was upgraded to this first class seat at the last minute. I told him I had purchased this seat. The FA called the GA. The GA stated my seat was cancelled due to the fact I was not on board seated 10 minutes before departure. The GA stated she could refund my ticket the coach difference and I could sit in coach. I told the GA "no", we would take the next flight on another carrier. I told my 7 employees to get there belongings, we are taking another flight. I asked the GA could she refund our full fare first class tickets. She then asked the gentleman from coach to go back to his coach seat. After take off, I told the coach gentleman to write a complaint and ask for miles, I sent him 3 drinks also.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: