Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by mspreh
All in all I got a little extra entertainment, but I think I would have liked to see 13H beat the **** out of the FD.
That would've been nice, sounds like the guy deserved it. My solution would be to throw him off the flight - without landing.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
FD might be not lying just a victim of the seats that didn't stick (book at KLM, flight operated by DAL), FB status not recognized by DAL so had to pay for it and/or had the KLM seat plan in his head (KLM skips no 13 so you have row 12 and then row 14 which are EC on their airbus) add some liquor and he probally lost it.

Still not an excuse to act like this way and take it out on crew and pax.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM, QR Silver, AC 50K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I've had several times when I've had a confirmed exit rows yanked, usually due to DL not reassigning exit row to individuals already booked in them before the swap. (There were always basically equivalent numbers of exit row seats.) And at 6'5", I have some sympathy to FD's plight (assuming he wasn't full of it, which might not be the case).

I harbor no sympathy, however, for his actions. The FAs and the passengers in 13 had nothing to do with the reassignment, and they did not deserve what he did. His recourse should have been to customer service. With that said, nor do I wish him assaulted, as that seems to be stooping to his level.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Enough miles for a free flight? Low, standard, or peak? :P
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Enough miles for a free flight? Low, standard, or peak? :P
Comm'n it's good news as afaik crew can slide your card and only give out a max of 5000 SM...so the purser obviously knows something we don't know yet
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:57 am

There does seem to be an issue with those who book through KLM, because I have witnessed a good amount of these moments (similar, anyway regarding seat assignments on DL) and I always feel a bit of empathy for those passengers, and in the end wish they would get kicked off the plane for their ridiculous outbursts and behavior. However, not one has yet.

I did see one get slapped by his wife when he was still in overreaction mode and didn't help her with their two very young children and the baby she had to carry get off the plane for their connection. I think even the FA had a good laugh over that.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL GM/Reserve, Marriott Platinum Elite,HH Gold
If he's Platinum whay is he paying for EC? I thought PM and DM got it for free?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Comm'n it's good news as afaik crew can slide your card and only give out a max of 5000 SM...so the purser obviously knows something we don't know yet
I don't know how many miles they got, but when we were exciting the plane, I heard her say to them to meet her after customs and they would meet with a Red Coat.

So I don't think the Purser was able to give them the amount of miles by herself.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by mspreh
...but when we were exciting the plane, ....
Could you please clarify just how you did that?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So that's what happened to the Champagne, although it sounds like the couple who moved deserved it. I was on that flight and a FA told me that there was only one bottle of Champagne. I was happy enough to switch to the Burgundy with my lamb chops and later to stick with it for the pre landing snack.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Dec 3, 2013 at 6:40 am Reason: I removed the quote which was merely using space on the page
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by JohnRico
If he's Platinum whay is he paying for EC? I thought PM and DM got it for free?
Assumption: the FD was dutch and a Flying Blue Platinum not a Delta PM. His status was not correctly recognized by DAL and he had to pay. Same happens the other way around.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Assumption: the FD was dutch and a Flying Blue Platinum not a Delta PM. His status was not correctly recognized by DAL and he had to pay. Same happens the other way around.
It does sound like a matter of saucing geese of different genders.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Waiting to board ATL-JFK yesterday. GA makes the announcement that they are now boarding F and this guy comes running up to the scanner, bypasses the entire line of people waiting and is wildly exclaiming that he is in first and needs his BP. GA informs him that he can get in the line and that the printer will print his new seat assignment when they scan his BP if he has been upgraded. To which he responds, loudly enough for everyone in line and near the counter to hear than he KNOWS he is in F because he has been using his buddy's login for the Delta intranet and when he saw that a PM was #1 on the UG list he SDC'd to this flight and he KNOWS that as a DM he is now #1 and is entitled to his F BP right NOW. Again, the GA politely asks him to get in line and wait his turn and finally, after delaying boarding for a few minutes, he obliges and gets in line. He seemed to be equally abrasive with the FAs once aboard. Not only do I think this is DYKWIA behavior but this is also probably an act that could get his buddy fired from his/her job that he's loudly sharing that he's using this person's login information to game the UG list.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jsmith50
but this is also probably an act that could get his buddy fired from his/her job that he's loudly sharing that he's using this person's login information to game the UG list.
For an employee to give anyone his user name and password is without doubt a violation of corporate policy at any organization and grounds in many for immediate termination.

There's probably no way to trace the passenger back to his friend (unfortunately) but I'm quite sure his friend would have been mortified he had been present and heard what was said.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
FD was completely out of line but it doesn't surprise me in the least. DL and KL really need to get the EC seat issue fixed. I go through the same ........ every time I fly on KLM. Lately it's gotten worse with the bug in KLM's system that only recognizes your FB status even when booked on a DL ticket (on my last trip to Europe, all the KL metal tickets, as well as the DL tickets printed in the Crown Lounge in AMS, had me listed as a general AF member and not DM or Elite+. I couldn't even pick EC seats).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.