Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 8, 19, 2:22 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Gig103
Wiki Link

Top Characters & Stories:

Go ahead, post your favorites
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 22, 13, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Teamstone View Post
Quite a story, If I was John, I would be rather upset about now. Unless she has a real drinking problem (which for some reason I doubt as 5 glasses of wine from NYC to Alaska isn't THAT much), I am betting a reaction between some medication and the wine.
+1 as to John. Geez.

However, the article states that she had 5 glasses of wine in the first 90 minutes and was then sneaking drinks from the galley. She doesn't look to be very big, either.
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87 View Post
Being FO is an odd situation. You get to use some aspects of SkyPriority but not all of them. FO's can use the SkyPriority check-in lines (they say "Silver Medallion" on them) and Zone 1 boards through the SkyPriority lane when boarding (but after First/Business and SkyPriority zones are called). And my understanding is some airports even extend priority security lanes to FOs. Perhaps it was an FO trying to game the system and cut the line or maybe it was an FO that wasn't aware of what benefits of SkyPriority they do and don't receive.
I've watched people game the system on a regular basis.. Saw a guy do it in AUS, make it through, then do the gate lice thing, inquire about his upgrade several times, look around at the bag tags of the other elites standing around and then board with F, only to sit in the middle of the back of Y. I have a hard time believing he didn't understand the benefits an FO gets with relation to the other classes. I only took an interest because he nearly ran over me in his zeal to get to the screening lane, then again when he was trying to get information from the GA about his upgrade.
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Originally Posted by kitkat77 View Post
+1 as to John. Geez.

However, the article states that she had 5 glasses of wine in the first 90 minutes and was then sneaking drinks from the galley. She doesn't look to be very big, either.
Missed that point about the 90 minutes. She is petite. I am sure we will never hear the backstory.
Old Aug 22, 13, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87 View Post
Being FO is an odd situation. You get to use some aspects of SkyPriority but not all of them. FO's can use the SkyPriority check-in lines (they say "Silver Medallion" on them) and Zone 1 boards through the SkyPriority lane when boarding (but after First/Business and SkyPriority zones are called). And my understanding is some airports even extend priority security lanes to FOs. Perhaps it was an FO trying to game the system and cut the line or maybe it was an FO that wasn't aware of what benefits of SkyPriority they do and don't receive.
Ill totally agree with this. When i first got status (busyish year of flying, wasnt even aware id crossed the limit or anything) I had no real idea what i was supposed to get or not. To the outside observer i'm sure i appeared as a DYKWIA a few times trying to use SP lanes.
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by 32767a View Post
I've watched people game the system on a regular basis.. Saw a guy do it in AUS, make it through, then do the gate lice thing, inquire about his upgrade several times, look around at the bag tags of the other elites standing around and then board with F, only to sit in the middle of the back of Y. I have a hard time believing he didn't understand the benefits an FO gets with relation to the other classes. I only took an interest because he nearly ran over me in his zeal to get to the screening lane, then again when he was trying to get information from the GA about his upgrade.
At DTW, they are pretty strict about enforcing SP so the FO was trying to game the system if he normally flies out of DTW or he has flown out of airports like MDW and DEN where they aren't strict normally. Regardless he had no business arguing with the agent when the signs state who can use the lanes and SP wasn't on the BP.

A year or two ago I saw someone try to game the system with an old BP. Not sure if it was a kettle who had paid for first class on a flight in the past or an FO that had been upgraded before in the past but the GA noticed the date was from in the past and demanded to see the current BP I think someone was trying to game the system by showing a BP with Skypriority on it from a previous flight when they weren't eligible to use the lane that day.
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by xolinlevh View Post
Ill totally agree with this. When i first got status (busyish year of flying, wasnt even aware id crossed the limit or anything) I had no real idea what i was supposed to get or not. To the outside observer i'm sure i appeared as a DYKWIA a few times trying to use SP lanes.
If you didn't argue with the dragon and got back in the regular line, that doesn't make you a DYKWIA. In this case the FO was arguing with the agent stating they have always gotten access in the past and were acting like they were a VIP with Delta for being FO
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Am I the only one who thinks this is a tragic waste of the combination of a drunk good-looking blonde and a lie-flat seat?
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
If you didn't argue with the dragon and got back in the regular line, that doesn't make you a DYKWIA. In this case the FO was arguing with the agent stating they have always gotten access in the past and were acting like they were a VIP with Delta for being FO
Honestly i think my first time i flew with FO, my ug had cleared (first time in First!) so i had SP from that, so after having that a few times, assumed id be in SP all the time, till i missed an ug and went to the lane and was confused why i was turned away. Prob looked like a DYKWIA then :P
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is a tragic waste of the combination of a drunk good-looking blonde and a lie-flat seat?
No, you aren't.
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Why on earth did they serve her 5 glasses of wine in 90 minutes? (Probably more like 75 minutes, given the takeoff and ascent.)
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:49 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
How did I know you'd chime in on this?
Old Aug 22, 13, 12:17 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, SPG Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Some airports also let FO go through Priority Security lanes, i.e. PDX.
Old Aug 22, 13, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Please, she's barely half your age!

Mike
Old Aug 22, 13, 12:28 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post

Mike
That's how he likes them.
Old Aug 22, 13, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post

Mike
"You're only as old as the woman you feel." --Groucho Marx