Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
I was sitting in 1D as we were boarding for DTW-DCA the other day. I heard a pax enter the plane and remark to the flight attendant that he missed the upgrade by one spot. The flight attendant (who was male and British) deadpanned back, "Oh, that is a shame. This flight is 58 minutes. Shall I call the 'waaaambulance' for you?"

The pax wasn't really upset, but I chuckled at the response from the FA.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by eturowski
I was sitting in 1D as we were boarding for DTW-DCA the other day. I heard a pax enter the plane and remark to the flight attendant that he missed the upgrade by one spot. The flight attendant (who was male and British) deadpanned back, "Oh, that is a shame. This flight is 58 minutes. Shall I call the 'waaaambulance' for you?"

Do You Know Who I Nearly Was?

While that is funny from the FA, it was inappropriate.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Do You Know Who I Nearly Was?

Agreed.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger

Perhaps the FA knew the pax fairly well from previous flights and figured he could get away with a bit of humour?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by eturowski

Love it!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Friday; lady traveling with 3 kids (two teens and one 8-10 YO) on CRJ-700...

She has 3 seats in F; 1D, 2D, 3D and one seat in Y. First she holds up boarding while they all argue over who will sit in Y. Then once on the airplane she starts another bottleneck at row 1 while everyone else is waiting to board. She tells the 2 kids to sit in 1C and D and says she will get 1C to sit in 2D.......when 1C boarded he agreed but he was not happy (nor would I have been).....and the whole thing was holding up boarding. I was in 2A....mom sat in 3.

Then kid would not turn off his iphone for landing....DYKWIA in training. Gave the FA devious look and smirk and then ignored her.

Classic example of people who are oblivious to the world around them and think the world revolves around them.
Something is wrong here, does the CRJ-700 have a "D" row in first?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM
There no D row, but there is a D column. F seats on a CR7 are A, C and D, with the A seat on the port side and C & D on the starboard. There are no B seats in F.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
There no D row, but there is a D column. F seats on a CR7 are A, C and D, with the A seat on the port side and C & D on the starboard. There are no B seats in F.
Got it! Now it makes sense to me. Sorry a little slow today.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flHRV3nIUbo

I am one of the younger members of this forum, so I thought I'd share a memory from a show I watched when I was a kid. I loved Animaniacs and I probably most resembled Wakko!

Skip to 5:08 if you want to see the actual line "do you know who I am?" However if you watch the entire clip you won't be disappointed since it parodies the entire case of a person who wants VIP treatment.

Man: "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?!?"

Yakko: "No, do you know who I am?"

Man: "No!"

Yakko: "Then we're even!!"
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by Spyro
I am one of the younger members of this forum....
Hey. Did Spyro just call the rest of us "old?"
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.
Skip to 5:08 if you want to see the actual line "do you know who I am?" However if you watch the entire clip you won't be disappointed since it parodies the entire case of a person who wants VIP treatment.
I *do* miss the days when an orchestra was playing on a stage at the front of first class.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

I am one of the younger members of this forum, so I thought I'd share a memory from a show I watched when I was a kid. I loved Animaniacs and I probably most resembled Wakko!

Pretty great! I was born in '94, but I didn't watch Animaniacs. Kind of regretting that now! Haha.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jsbh
I am one of the younger members of this forum....
I think so, but he/she gets props for the Animaniacs reference. That show was great even for folks who were/are still kids on the inside.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jsbh
I don't know about the rest of "us," but I watched Animaniacs, so I don't believe Spyro was referring to me.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: Skyteam

How old are you kiddo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.