Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
DYKWIA in 4C asks the aircraft captain to hang his coat. Worst part is, DYKWIA wasn't joking!

The good captain did it, and the purser laughed it off.

Then señor DYKWIA belittles his traveling companion for doing a so-called "Delta Walk of Shame," sorry pal, it's you who deserve great shame.
If he actually said the phrase "walk of shame" it's possible he's an FTer.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
I hope so.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I thought "perp walk" was the in term here.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:30 pm

I call it the walk of the poors. I feel I can say that since I'm batting about 10% for upgrades and I'm poor.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
Originally Posted by stils
I call it the walk of the poors. I feel I can say that since I'm batting about 10% for upgrades and I'm poor.
Paging thomas hudson
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
You know what bugs me? Presptive seat changers. You know what, ask me nicely and I'll 99.9% of the time switch seats with you. But please don't sit in my seat and make yourself comfortable assing I'm going to say yes. That's complete jerk and DYKWIA attitude, cause then you truly aren't asking and are acting like an entitled flyer.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mnredfox
You know what bugs me? Presptive seat changers. You know what, ask me nicely and I'll 99.9% of the time switch seats with you. But please don't sit in my seat and make yourself comfortable assing I'm going to say yes. That's complete jerk and DYKWIA attitude, cause then you truly aren't asking and are acting like an entitled flyer.
Most on here agree. Is there a story behind this one?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Most on here agree. Is there a story behind this one?
Not really, other than lady was in my bulkhead seat with her shoes off, reclined, and sipping my water. Just annoyed me. I wish folks would ask first and not be presumptive, cause as I stated then you really have no intention of asking.

These are the same folks that if you say no they act like you're the bad guy as they pout back to their seat.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I had this on a DL flight, it didn't happen to me, and the person who did the seat change had that same attitude as you posted. I'm sure the guy would have changed seats too but her attitude was just as you described. She wasn't happy about it... She mumbled under hear breath, "How rude some people are." The entitled are around us...
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Not really, other than lady was in my bulkhead seat with her shoes off, reclined, and sipping my water. Just annoyed me. I wish folks would ask first and not be presumptive, cause as I stated then you really have no intention of asking.

These are the same folks that if you say no they act like you're the bad guy as they pout back to their seat.
I fly paid First. I prefer, depending on the aircraft, either row 1 or row 2. If people ask I will try to be nice and switch. However I get annoyed when they have already settled in. "Oh, you wouldn't mind switchin' would you?"

Two weeks ago I had a woman do this. When I boarded she was sitting in my seat, 2B. Never knowing what kind of nut I'm going to run into I asked the FA to check on it and said I wouldn't mind moving if it was to another aisle seat. I overheard the conversation as I stood in the galley and the woman was like, "Oh we're flying together" (implying with the guy next to her), "I'm sure the other passenger wouldn't mind changing", "I'm already settled here and don't want to hold up the boarding process moving my things." Bonus points to the FA who smiled and asked her for her boarding pass when the woman responded that her seat was "oh over there." Of course the boarding pass was tucked away in her stowed carryon. This raised even more suspicion so the FA said that she really needed to see the boarding pass. The woman gets up, pulls her carryon out, opens an exterior pocket, pulls out a bunch of magazines and locates her boarding pass. Seat 7D. The FA nicely told her that she would have to sit in her assigned seat. After she settled in in her assigned seat I went to mine. The guy next to me in 2A said, "Can you believe her? She told the FA we were traveling together. I have no idea who she is!"

And a little more context... she was a high heel wearin', skinny jean struttin, overly tanned bleach blonde in her 50s... probably cigarette smokin' and Bud drinkin' too.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
I fly paid First. I prefer, depending on the aircraft, either row 1 or row 2. If people ask I will try to be nice and switch. However I get annoyed when they have already settled in. "Oh, you wouldn't mind switchin' would you?"

Two weeks ago I had a woman do this. When I boarded she was sitting in my seat, 2B. Never knowing what kind of nut I'm going to run into I asked the FA to check on it and said I wouldn't mind moving if it was to another aisle seat. I overheard the conversation as I stood in the galley and the woman was like, "Oh we're flying together" (implying with the guy next to her), "I'm sure the other passenger wouldn't mind changing", "I'm already settled here and don't want to hold up the boarding process moving my things." Bonus points to the FA who smiled and asked her for her boarding pass when the woman responded that her seat was "oh over there." Of course the boarding pass was tucked away in her stowed carryon. This raised even more suspicion so the FA said that she really needed to see the boarding pass. The woman gets up, pulls her carryon out, opens an exterior pocket, pulls out a bunch of magazines and locates her boarding pass. Seat 7D. The FA nicely told her that she would have to sit in her assigned seat. After she settled in in her assigned seat I went to mine. The guy next to me in 2A said, "Can you believe her? She told the FA we were traveling together. I have no idea who she is!"

And a little more context... she was a high heel wearin', skinny jean struttin, overly tanned bleach blonde in her 50s... probably cigarette smokin' and Bud drinkin' too.
Some people are really shameless...
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I have -- once -- taken another person's seat. I am at particularly high risk for DVT and on long flights must get up several times to walk.

I always reserve an aisle seat for this reason but on one occasion I was upgraded to F and given a window seat. If I had noticed it in time I would have refused the upgrade (which I have done twice before) but this time I didn't see it until I got to my seat.

I sat down in the aisle seat and when the rightful occupant arrived I stood up, explained the situation, and told her that if she really wants the seat I will give it to her but I will have no choice but to bother her several times during the flight in order to walk around.

She was very understanding and took the window seat.
Oxnardjan likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Marriott Gold; Hertz 5-Star Gold; National Executive; US Air Peon; Hilton Scrub
Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
It was at that point I ordered a vodka, put on my sunglasses, opened my MacBook, pulled out my headphones, and watched "Beavis and Butt-Head" reruns for the next two hours.
I just joined these forums, and I realize that this post was made 5 months ago, but this is CLASSIC!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mwjr
Quote:

Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye

It was at that point I ordered a vodka, put on my sunglasses, opened my MacBook, pulled out my headphones, and watched "Beavis and Butt-Head" reruns for the next two hours.

I just joined these forums, and I realize that this post was made 5 months ago, but this is CLASSIC!
Especially the Beavis and Butthead part!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fattieonboard
Quote:

Awesome!

Was 7D even in F? It's in Y on most domestic planes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.