Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by stils
Good news! After two double woodfords (for me) the dykwia next to me who was very angry someone had a seat nextto her in F (between hubs) has stopped rolling her eyes. She might not have but I stopped caring anyways.
At least she was rolling her just eyes -- and not the drunk next to her who had the two double Woolfords!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Should have told her WESBAS

Want Empty Seat, Buy Additional Seat
But don't you know she is?! She shouldn't HAVE to buy an extra seat!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by stils
Good news! After two double woodfords (for me) the dykwia next to me who was very angry someone had a seat nextto her in F (between hubs) has stopped rolling her eyes. She might not have but I stopped caring anyways.
I can't even come close to comprehending the thought pattern here. If they've flown in F more than never, where in the world would they ever get an expectation that there would/should be an empty seat?

I mean, that's not even in the territory of a DYKWIA getting their fur turned backwards when being denied lounge access/precheck/OH bin space/early boarding/whatever that they might have perhaps thought they could talk their way into.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
...where in the world would they ever get an expectation that there would/should be an empty seat?
From the AMEX touts who ***promised*** it. If you buy or get upgraded to FC, then having the AMEX guarantees a vacant seat next to you at all times, the lavatories will be cleaned between each visit, and the rose petals renewed.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
2D on GSO -ATL yesterday fit the DYKWIA description .... Ss he boarded, he placed his PDB order at the door wih the FA (who was exceptional BTW) . Upon arriving at his seat, he began ranting about the fact that the FA had left Biscoff and water at the seat... "is this all we get on this fligh???" He questioned of 2C... 2C played it cool saying that he does not expect this to be a restaurant.....

Fast forward, it turns out that 2C is a leisure traveler who redeemed points. 2D proclaims loudly that he is a DM and flies F all the time... These two proceed to hold a whose flagpole is bigger contest throughout the flight. It wss rather pathetic, but entertaining nonetheless.

As the plane lands a few minutes late, DYKWIAM in 2D is one of the first to release his seatbelt prior to arriving at the gate. It was obvious, as he was not quiet about it. He proceeds to call what I presume to be the DM line, rudely demanding that the gate hold his next flight. (PHL I believe). He nearly runs over people on his way out.

It is sad how some DM'S act...

Side note. I was on paid F, partner was in EC on award. He said the FA came back from F and thanked each medallion personally and offered them snacks from the basket and beverage. He noted there were at least 3 DMs in Y.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Jul 4, 2013 at 4:58 am
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
2D on GSO -ATL yesterday fit the DYKWIA description .... Ss he boarded, he placed his PDB order at the door wih the FA (who was exceptional BTW) . Upon arriving at his seat, he began ranting about the fact that the FA had left Biscoff and water at the seat... "is this all we get on this fligh???" He questioned of 2C... 2C played it cool saying that he does not expect this to be a restaurant.....

Fast forward, it turns out that 2C is a leisure traveler who redeemed points. 2D proclaims loudly that he is a DM and flies F all the time... These two proceed to hold a whose flagpole is bigger contest throughout the flight. It wss rather pathetic, but entertaining nonetheless.

As the plane lands a few minutes late, DYKWIAM in 2D is one of the first to release his seatbelt prior to arriving at the gate. It was obvious, as he was not quiet about it. He proceeds to call what I presume to be the DM line, rudely demanding that the gate hold his next flight. (PHL I believe). He nearly runs over people on his way out.

It is sad how some DM'S act...

Side note. I was on paid F, partner wss in EC on award. He said the FA came back from F snd thanked each medallion personally and offered them snacks from the basket and beverage. He noted there were at least 3 DMs in Y.
Was his DYKWIA unnerwears showing??
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
From the AMEX touts who ***promised*** it. If you buy or get upgraded to FC, then having the AMEX guarantees a vacant seat next to you at all times, the lavatories will be cleaned between each visit, and the rose petals renewed.
: I love it
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by trek87
On my last several trips, I've noticed more and more DYKWIAs in Y boarding with FC. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention before, but I'm always thinking there are way more people in line to board FC than there are FC seats on the plane. Then I board and see several getting settled in Y (sometimes also having placed their bags in the FC bins). Sometimes a late boarding FC passenger runs out of bin space as a result.
I've noticed this scenario:

Two segment flight. Upgrade clears for first segment before check-in; wait listed for second flight. Both boarding passes print PREM. While in the gate area for the second flight and realized the upgrade was not going to clear I boarded when PREM was called and sat in Y.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Was his DYKWIA unnerwears showing??
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by FitTraveler

Two segment flight. Upgrade clears for first segment before check-in; wait listed for second flight. Both boarding passes print PREM. While in the gate area for the second flight and realized the upgrade was not going to clear I boarded when PREM was called and sat in Y.
Delta IT strikes again. But that's no excuse... You should have boarded with SKY. Not PREM. GA should have denied you boarding with PREM. just sayin
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by FitTraveler

Originally Posted by mridley2
Delta IT strikes again. But that's no excuse... You should have boarded with SKY. Not PREM. GA should have denied you boarding with PREM. just sayin
OT - At this point Delta's boarding process is FUBAR. They need to go back to zone numbers.

Zone 1 - First Class via Sky Priority
Zone 2 - Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallions via Sky Priority
Zone 3 - Silver Medallions and Economy Comfort via Sky Priority
Zone 4 - Amex, bulkhead, and exit rows via General Boarding
Zone 5 - Back of the plane via General Boarding
Zone 6 - Front of the plane via General Boarding.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mridley2
for your first half
for your second half

If the OP's BP said PREM he didn't do anything wrong. Also, should the GA ignore the PREM and check everyone's boarding pass to make sure the seat numbers match First? Why waste the time?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I sometimes carry 6 metal tags to maximize the chime when I walk around the airport.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by skchin
I sometimes carry 6 metal tags to maximize the chime when I walk around the airport.
If using the metal ones, couldn't that possibly imply you're an ex-DM since the new tags don't "clank"? Or maybe just an salty DM??
Old Jul 7, 2013, 8:27 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Are we talking about ANA in this forum? I thought we were in DL.
No jokes, ANA C is just like that, as described above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.