Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by N639DL
I would have a 24 hour margin before trying to head out on a cruise.

Good luck with trying to get a private jet... that must cost more than all airline/cruise fares for all 9 people combined.
I always arrive in destination city (especially international) one day in advance for this very reason. No stress.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by HongKonger
If he had that kind of money he wouldn't be flying commercial in the first place. And he'd know better than to book a private jet through a SC agent.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I always arrive in destination city (especially international) one day in advance for this very reason. No stress.
+1
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:46 pm

The FA just had me put my bag in F and I was in Y. I was thinking of you guys.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:30 pm

Here's to the doofus in 4A on last night's DL1427 ATL-FLL. Mr. DYKWIA thought it was ok to watch his iPad movie from the time we boarded, until the time the FA announced it was ok to use PED's.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles FO
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
Here's to the doofus in 4A on last night's DL1427 ATL-FLL. Mr. DYKWIA thought it was ok to watch his iPad movie from the time we boarded, until the time the FA announced it was ok to use PED's.
Barry Bonds?

Old Mar 9, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Feet do not belong on the bulkhead or on the seat in front of you: they belong on the floor. And, exposing your bare feet on an A/C is simply selfish. If you take off your shoes, at least have the common courtesy to wear socks.
In defense of putting you feet on the bulkhead, I'm 6'3" and have a bad knee which if not stretched out every 15 minutes or so becomes very painful so I occasionally put my foot up on the bulkhead to stretch. It's either that or take another flight. (FWIW though, I always feel very self-conscious about doing it.)
Old Mar 9, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by 5khours
In defense of putting you feet on the bulkhead, I'm 6'3" and have a bad knee which if not stretched out every 15 minutes or so becomes very painful so I occasionally put my foot up on the bulkhead to stretch. It's either that or take another flight. (FWIW though, I always feel very self-conscious about doing it.)
No problem with socks on the bulkhead, please no bare feet or shoes.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Tizzette
No problem with socks on the bulkhead, please no bare feet or shoes.
The airline foot police has spoken
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
There's a flip side to that one....assigned 2B on a recent flight and I'm last to board to find that 2A has placed pillows, two water bottles and his jacket in 2B.

I just kindly begin handing them back as I ask, "your coat?" " your water?" "your pillow?" "your blankie?"

Seriously Mr. DYKWIA, did you really think this DTW-MSP, hub to hub was going to go empty in F???
Wow, that's bad.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
There's a flip side to that one....assigned 2B on a recent flight and I'm last to board to find that 2A has placed pillows, two water bottles and his jacket in 2B.

I just kindly begin handing them back as I ask, "your coat?" " your water?" "your pillow?" "your blankie?"

Seriously Mr. DYKWIA, did you really think this DTW-MSP, hub to hub was going to go empty in F???
I'll admit to having done that but only when the flow of people boarding is almost done and so i think the seat will be empty. Im not doing it out of any entitlement i just thought the seat might not be occupied....
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I'll admit to having done that but only when the flow of people boarding is almost done and so i think the seat will be empty. Im not doing it out of any entitlement i just thought the seat might not be occupied....
Because you would have had to endure that extra 3, 4 or even *5* minutes of hell before the door closed .... with your pillow and jacket in your seat.

You ARE a DYKWIA as described by yourself.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
On Delta? In F? You must be on some strange routes. I haven't seen an empty seat in F on a domestic in over 2 years!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Mr Richard Head
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mnredfox:20391850

Wow, that's bad.
Agreed, but it made me curious: what IS the preferred way to deal with the pillow and blanket if you know you won't use them?

When I'm on a short haul and definitely won't need them, I tend to just stuff them in the seat pockets. But would it be better to toss them in the OH or give them back to an FA to make their life easier for the next flight?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Agreed, but it made me curious: what IS the preferred way to deal with the pillow and blanket if you know you won't use them?

When I'm on a short haul and definitely won't need them, I tend to just stuff them in the seat pockets. But would it be better to toss them in the OH or give them back to an FA to make their life easier for the next flight?
I always use the pillow. It makes a great lumbar support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.