Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by slidergirl
To the DYKWIA who was getting loud and aggressive with the agents at the HNL Sky Club last night: Too bad that your SC card expired last month. Too bad that they were not giving in to your demand that you and your family of 5 be let into the club. Too bad that the agents were not caving in to your demand to have the manager in Charge of Operations come down to the SC and explain to you why you, with all the dollars you spend on Delta, are not being granted entrance to the SC. Heck, you aren't even Diamond... I went up and offered to sponsor the "gentleman" in attempt to get him to stop shouting and disturbing everyone in the Club. The agent could not do it because you had 5 others with you. Get over yourself. Now the kiddos can't feed at the free trough and you have to take them up to Lahaina Chicken for something to eat...
Both of the agents came over to me later and thanked me for offering to sponsor, but said they couldn't allow it. I knew that, but I was just trying to diffuse a nasty situation. The guy was a class A d-bag - felt sorry for the wife and kids.
What a moron. I hope he reads this.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
Oh this one one really raised my blood pressure.

Getting onto a flight in Salt Lake City, some rude young so-and-so pushed two of us out of the way so he could throw his bag onto the valet cart and yelled at the gate agent to let him on the plane because his father was a Diamond.

First off, until I started flying Delta on a Medallion Challenge this past month, I didn't even know what a "Diamond" was. Secondly, I am wondering how the atmosphere generated enough pressure to force the carbon in that rude horse cookie into a "diamond".

Gate agent handled it beautifully. She told him to wait until his boarding group was called and told him not to try that again or he would be walking to his destination. Another angry old lady just like me.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I had a d-bag like that a couple weeks ago a Hilton property over lounge access. The DYKWIA was complaining that they were a hilton gold and a very valuable customer
Both? That's a rare combination. Don't they give away gold cards in crackerjack boxes or something?

If Hilton had something like JWD certificates I would have given the clerk one for enforcing the rules and how calm he remained.
Write a nice letter to Hilton Corporate. That's much better.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by pharmalady

Getting onto a flight in Salt Lake City, some rude young so-and-so pushed two of us out of the way so he could throw his bag onto the valet cart and yelled at the gate agent to let him on the plane because his father was a Diamond.

First off, until I started flying Delta on a Medallion Challenge this past month, I didn't even know what a "Diamond" was. Secondly, I am wondering how the atmosphere generated enough pressure to force the carbon in that rude horse cookie into a "diamond".

Gate agent handled it beautifully. She told him to wait until his boarding group was called and told him not to try that again or he would be walking to his destination. Another angry old lady just like me.
Nice job by the GA. If someone pushes me I'd push them back though.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by pharmalady

His father being a diamond should get him on the plane early only if his father is changing his diaper at the time.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
His father being a diamond should get him on the plane early only if his father is changing his diaper at the time.
Even the diamond father would not be allowed to board before his zone was called. Why does the son think that he has the right?

The father, incidentally, might have been furious if he learned about this.

I was in Prague a couple of years ago when my daughter was flying AMS-TLV on Czech Air, connecting in PRG.

She called me in a panic. She had missed her connection and Czech Air was not willing to help her. I arranged for a hotel room for her (and her friend), told her to take a taxi to the hotel, and met her there.

She was furious with Czech Air. She said that they had changed the gate, she and her friend waited at the original gate where El Al was taking off for TLV, and they did not notice the change.

She complained about how nasty Czech Air was to them and that she was told there was no room on the next night's flight PRG-TLV.

I gave her hell! I told her that if they changed the gate, they announced the change -- and did so in time for everyone else to get on board. I also told her that they undoubtedly called her name several times and that she delayed the flight while they located her luggage and took it off the plane.

She cost Czech Air time and money, and delayed all the other passengers on the plane, simply because she was careless in not looking at the boards to see what gate her flight was leaving from.

She couldn't believe that her father, who has spoiled her from the day she was born (and still does) took the side of the airline against her!

I then booked her a ticket on El Al for the following night and refused to pay for it. (I did, however, pay for her hotel room, her taxi fares, her meals in Prague, and took her and her friend shopping in the Old Town.)
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Even the diamond father would not be allowed to board before his zone was called. Why does the son think that he has the right?
If the son is of diaper-wearing age, then he and his father get to pre-board.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
If the son is of diaper-wearing age, then he and his father get to pre-board.
You are right. I really wasn't referring to what you said but rather to the reality of the situation. It was my mistake in quoting you.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by Dovster

The father, incidentally, might have been furious if he learned about this.

I was in Prague a couple of years ago when my daughter was flying AMS-TLV on Czech Air, connecting in PRG.

She called me in a panic. She had missed her connection and Czech Air was not willing to help her. I arranged for a hotel room for her (and her friend), told her to take a taxi to the hotel, and met her there.

She was furious with Czech Air. She said that they had changed the gate, she and her friend waited at the original gate where El Al was taking off for TLV, and they did not notice the change.

She complained about how nasty Czech Air was to them and that she was told there was no room on the next night's flight PRG-TLV.

I gave her hell! I told her that if they changed the gate, they announced the change -- and did so in time for everyone else to get on board. I also told her that they undoubtedly called her name several times and that she delayed the flight while they located her luggage and took it off the plane.

She cost Czech Air time and money, and delayed all the other passengers on the plane, simply because she was careless in not looking at the boards to see what gate her flight was leaving from.

She couldn't believe that her father, who has spoiled her from the day she was born (and still does) took the side of the airline against her!

I then booked her a ticket on El Al for the following night and refused to pay for it. (I did, however, pay for her hotel room, her taxi fares, her meals in Prague, and took her and her friend shopping in the Old Town.)
You Sir! Are a good man indeed!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Dear Mr. Bumblebee tie in the CVG SkyClub right now:

All of us think it's great you're Diamond and have flown two million miles with Delta. We know how rough it can be to find out that, shockingly, the display glass of champagne is really just club soda and ginger ale, and, even more surprising, that everyone has to pay the $15 if they want a bottle of champagne. Thanks for putting the display glass back. And don't worry about the small country's worth of trash you threw on the floor- we know who you are, and will have someone attend to it right away.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Dear Mr. Bumblebee tie in the CVG SkyClub right now:

All of us think it's great you're Diamond and have flown two million miles with Delta. We know how rough it can be to find out that, shockingly, the display glass of champagne is really just club soda and ginger ale, and, even more surprising, that everyone has to pay the $15 if they want a bottle of champagne. Thanks for putting the display glass back. And don't worry about the small country's worth of trash you threw on the floor- we know who you are, and will have someone attend to it right away.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Fellow FT'er Abused by DYKWIA on DTW-SAN

I was settling in and upgraded to seat 5B for flight DL 1635 on Dec 2 to SAN.
I noticed the same small rollerbag in the overhead bin above seat 5C that I saw on my outbound flight from SAN two days ago.

Only difference was that the FT'er dude that owned the bag wasn't seated with the bag. (The bag had FT tags and red pin striping).

Seat 5C pax arrives and demands of me, "Is this you bag?" I reply, "No, not mine." Seat 5C pax then demands to no one in particular, "This is MY space!"
He stands with his sagging jeans exposing his butt crack to my face, and plops the bag in the isle. I tell him, "Overhead space isn't assigned to seats," but he doesn't care.

FT'er dude a few rows up finally notices his bag in the isle, remains calms, says to 5C, "All the bins up front were full." and proceeds to put his bag above seat 6C. Yes, one seat back. Really.

If you see scruffy 5C pax on a future flight, feel free to spill a drink on him. Accidentally, of course. Look for the mustache and dour expression.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I was settling in and upgraded to seat 5B for flight DL 1635 on Dec 2 to SAN.
I noticed the same small rollerbag in the overhead bin above seat 5C that I saw on my outbound flight from SAN two days ago.

Only difference was that the FT'er dude that owned the bag wasn't seated with the bag. (The bag had FT tags and red pin striping).

Seat 5C pax arrives and demands of me, "Is this you bag?" I reply, "No, not mine." Seat 5C pax then demands to no one in particular, "This is MY space!"
He stands with his sagging jeans exposing his butt crack to my face, and plops the bag in the isle. I tell him, "Overhead space isn't assigned to seats," but he doesn't care.

FT'er dude a few rows up finally notices his bag in the isle, remains calms, says to 5C, "All the bins up front were full." and proceeds to put his bag above seat 6C. Yes, one seat back. Really.

If you see scruffy 5C pax on a future flight, feel free to spill a drink on him. Accidentally, of course. Look for the mustache and dour expression.
We need a pic... Scruffy describes a lot of west coast DL flyers
Old Dec 5, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
It is funny yet extremely sad in reading through this thread that some people are really like this... I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories this coming weekend with my final MR of the year...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP
Guy in DTW A72 Sky Club tonight was .....ing to the attendant after she thanks him for his Diamond status when he found out his flight to Boston was going to be 10 minutes late due to them waiting for inbound PAX. Immediately asks for a Red Coat because he has never heard of such a thing and they never do that for him. I told the agent checking me in perhaps they would do it for him if he wasn't such as dick. He just smiled and said "Enjoy your evening."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.