FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

CMK10 Sep 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by pdisme (Post 19383547)
lol I thought those were for unaccompanied minors?

No this is one of the ones you buy in Skymall like this:

http://www.tamperseal.com/travelon-a...lder-p-49.html

puddinhead Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I was on a flight from BKK to NRT. The overhead bin was full of the passengers stuff in front of us (in business). The bin over their seats was also full. I asked then twice if it was their's. The ignored me until one spoke German.

I asked a FA if she could check some of my bags as I had to many (their's). Suddenly they could speak English and took the bags - placing them under the seat in front of them.

In coach I could accept limited overhead space but in F there is one bin per row.

122554 Sep 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by puddinhead (Post 19384219)
I was on a flight from BKK to NRT. The overhead bin was full of the passengers stuff in front of us (in business). The bin over their seats was also full. I asked then twice if it was their's. The ignored me until one spoke German.

I asked a FA if she could check some of my bags as I had to many (their's). Suddenly they could speak English and took the bags - placing them under the seat in front of them.

In coach I could accept limited overhead space but in F there is one bin per row.

???????????????

HongKonger Sep 26, 2012 5:28 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 19383497)
I was at DTW yesterday and saw a gentleman at the B/C Concourse wearing one of those laminated ID holders around his neck. Instead of having his Driver License in the see through pocket he had his Diamond card :rolleyes:

OOOH! First there was Diamond Hat Guy. Now there's Diamond Laminated ID Holder Guy! I pledge a HOOU to anyone who gets a picture and another to anyone who makes contact and brings him to FT.

DaChief Sep 26, 2012 11:16 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger (Post 19386437)
OOOH! First there was Diamond Hat Guy. Now there's Diamond Laminated ID Holder Guy! I pledge a HOOU to anyone who gets a picture and another to anyone who makes contact and brings him to FT.

I'll double that!

puddinhead Sep 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Maybe he's fantasizing he's a roadie for Guns & Roses.

Doc Savage Oct 1, 2012 11:31 pm

Here ya go....

http://newyorkette.com/wp-content/bouncer_02.JPG

pinworm Oct 3, 2012 9:27 am

Not something that happened to me, but to a co-worker around 2003/04. He was a young looking guy and was sitting in F during boarding beside a slightly older guy, perhaps in his mid 50's. People are shuffling past.

A soldier in uniform boards. The older man turned to my co-worker and stared at him for a few seconds. The co-worker finally couldn't stand it anymore and asked "What??". The older man said "You should honor that soldier for his service. Why don't you give him your seat?". My co-worker asked him "Agreed about the service...but if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you give him yours?". The older man got angry and said "No way, I am FULL FARE, you're just upgraded aren't you??".

So much for honor I guess. Nice that he would demand someone ELSE do it.

The closest I ever came to such as situation was the guy beside me in F on a TPAC who asked me to switch with his wife. Upon further questioning he revealed that she was in the last row of coach (he didn't give up that tidbit of information easily). When I suggested that he ask one of her coach seatmates to switch with him so he could sit back there with her, he said "No way am I going to do this flight in coach.". Ahh. I see. Absurd of me to suggest it. But I would???

dilbertsdaddy Oct 3, 2012 6:16 pm

On Sunday I saw the DM hat guy.

He had a DM hat AND a DM shirt.

He was in the SC talking loudly on the phone to his wife/girlfriend trying to talk his way out of some situation he got himself into. I did not catch all the details but it involved trust, twitter, some girl, and drinks at his hotel.

I couldn't believe it.

nepaltnf Oct 3, 2012 11:29 pm

I was in one of the detroit sky club's the other day, and this absolutely deplorable lady in a fancy sweatsuit was flustered as she had to show her ID to get into the club. She was convinced her boarding pass was enough. The agent at the front desk was incredibly patient, especially when the lady threw her ID at the agent. "I've NEVER had to show my ID before!! HERE!! *toss* ". The agent kept insisting that it was the state law, and they were serving alcohol inside etc, so aside from identity verification they had to confirm age. This entire episode completely rolled off the agent's back and she was incredibly friendly to me being the next customer in line. I didn't have any of those certificates on me but I would have given her one if I had it, all I could do was say she handled that very well.

After entering the SC I see the offender all the way at the back rushing her way in front of a few folks waiting for the bar to pour herself a massive vodka rocks.

I try not to judge people but with this lady it was more than just a bad day.

SDQBound Oct 4, 2012 4:10 am

Two weeks ago at CDG, boarding an AF Flight to BCN. Boarding was announced and the SkyPriority Line was about the same lenght as the General Boarding. When the GA started scanning the BPs, she noticed that the passengers in the front of the line were not SP Eligible, so she reminded that the line was for Business/Elite+/Elite. There were at least 10 passengers, including myself, in line, and a young lady comes from the back pushing everyone aside and cuts the line in front of all of us. The GA looked at her BP and confirmed she had SkyPriority on it, but had her wait until all of us in line boarded.

PRWeezer Oct 7, 2012 1:37 pm

He wishes they didn't know who he is...

DM was connecting thru ATL today, from his seat in F saw his bag being loaded on to the plane & noticed that it had popped open. He immediately jumped up & ran off the plane, the FO followed in pursuit. Turns out he was transporting several pounds of pot (he claims for medical purposes) & was taken away by APD. :eek:

sbjnyc Oct 7, 2012 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer (Post 19453377)
DM was connecting thru ATL today, from his seat in F saw his bag being loaded on to the plane & noticed that it had popped open. He immediately jumped up & ran off the plane, the FO followed in pursuit. Turns out he was transporting several pounds of pot (he claims for medical purposes) & was taken away by APD. :eek:

His valet I presume? :)

eturowski Oct 7, 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer (Post 19453377)

Not to take pleasure in another's misery, but... HAHAHAHA! I would have found that incident extremely entertaining. I bet he was watching that bag like a hawk, too.

PRWeezer Oct 7, 2012 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbjnyc (Post 19453420)
His valet I presume? :)

If he had any sense he would be flying with a pilot (First Officer) as his valet & transporting his goods via private jet. ^