Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
When they hang up, pretend you're on the phone to your editor, telling them about a story about to break about the clinical trial, or the veddy important deal. Remind them that insider trading rules are in effect and they shouldn't (winky-wink) take advantage of the leaked information. Include any identifying tidbits that the Loud Talkers let slip, and the LT'ers will worry they said too much.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Or ask them loudly, so that the person on the other end of their phone call can hear clearly, how the treatment for their venerial diseases is progressing.....
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There was a thread on the AA forum started very early this morning complaining about a diaper changing (on a seat, not in a restroom). Before 8AM an AA forum Mod closed the thread, noting the objectionable behavior wasn't specific to flying AA. There's a lesson here.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There was a thread on the AA forum started very early this morning complaining about a diaper changing (on a seat, not in a restroom). Before 8AM an AA forum Mod closed the thread, noting the objectionable behavior wasn't specific to flying AA. There's a lesson here.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am glad I know I am not the center of the universe
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Welcome to FT!

How to Improve the Tone of the Delta SkyMiles Forum
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
When they hang up, pretend you're on the phone to your editor, telling them about a story about to break about the clinical trial, or the veddy important deal. Remind them that insider trading rules are in effect and they shouldn't (winky-wink) take advantage of the leaked information. Include any identifying tidbits that the Loud Talkers let slip, and the LT'ers will worry they said too much.
I made the following post a few years ago:

Originally Posted by Dovster
I once had a similar situation -- although mine involved a businessman who was discussing something he would obviously have preferred not be publicized.

I took out my wallet to "look for something" inside and "accidently" had my press card show. He was off the phone in seconds!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Rewards, Emerald Club
Was flying from VCE-SAT yesterday via VCE-CDG-MSP-SAT.

Got to De Gaulle just fine, but that airport was an absolute disaster. I had never been and only had a 1.75 hour layover, so it was a tad bit frustrating. Took me forever to get my boarding pass (first flight was on AF and didn't give me a boarding pass). Then I found the Sky Priority security line, which was a God send because the regular security line went out the door. As I'm waiting, people keep shuffling back as I'm pleased to find that the airport security is only allowing Sky Priority in.

Finally get to the front and get through. Guy behind me gets turned away and is pissed. He says to the guy, "EXCUSE ME! I am SILVER ELITE!"

I think throwing "Elite" in there is what made me laugh. The guy was then further upset by me laughing. Regardless, I continued on and this made my 16 hour journey a little bit easier. Though being delayed CDG-MSP for "Cargo packing problems" and sitting on the jetway for awhile kind of stunk. I think we were only 30 minutes over schedule though.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Or ask them loudly, so that the person on the other end of their phone call can hear clearly, how the treatment for their venerial diseases is progressing.....
I have also tried to answer to whatever the LT is talking about as if I am also on a live phone conversation !
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by apwessen
Was flying from VCE-SAT yesterday via VCE-CDG-MSP-SAT.

Got to De Gaulle just fine, but that airport was an absolute disaster. I had never been and only had a 1.75 hour layover, so it was a tad bit frustrating. Took me forever to get my boarding pass (first flight was on AF and didn't give me a boarding pass). Then I found the Sky Priority security line, which was a God send because the regular security line went out the door. As I'm waiting, people keep shuffling back as I'm pleased to find that the airport security is only allowing Sky Priority in.

Finally get to the front and get through. Guy behind me gets turned away and is pissed. He says to the guy, "EXCUSE ME! I am SILVER ELITE!"

I think throwing "Elite" in there is what made me laugh. The guy was then further upset by me laughing. Regardless, I continued on and this made my 16 hour journey a little bit easier. Though being delayed CDG-MSP for "Cargo packing problems" and sitting on the jetway for awhile kind of stunk. I think we were only 30 minutes over schedule though.
So who's the DYKWIA? The FO for trying to use the SkyPriority security line (which is permitted in many cities) or you for laughing at him?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by CMK10
If being a "Lowly FO" means I'm as different as possible from a Double Diamond like you, than I hope I never fly over 49,999 EQMs in a year
+1. Remember that this guy is a Double-DYKWIA as well as a Double Diamond.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
If being a "Lowly FO" means I'm as different as possible from a Double Diamond like you, than I hope I never fly over 49,999 EQMs in a year
Old Sep 24, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Speaking of double...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was at DTW yesterday and saw a gentleman at the B/C Concourse wearing one of those laminated ID holders around his neck. Instead of having his Driver License in the see through pocket he had his Diamond card
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
I was at DTW yesterday and saw a gentleman at the B/C Concourse wearing one of those laminated ID holders around his neck. Instead of having his Driver License in the see through pocket he had his Diamond card
lol I thought those were for unaccompanied minors?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.